Windows 10: Selling PC Want to delete main account

Discus and support Selling PC Want to delete main account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have Win 10 pro on my other PC. I want to delete the Microsoft account before I sell it. How do I do this? I not want to start over & reinstall... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by DrSysop, Oct 8, 2015.

1. DrSysop Win User

Selling PC Want to delete main account

I have Win 10 pro on my other PC. I want to delete the Microsoft account before I sell it. How do I do this? I not want to start over & reinstall Windows 7 & make a new account before I sell it. I have fresh install now but it used my email addy to log into windows. Also If this can be done will it still be activated or go into 30 day use?

:)

DrSysop, Oct 8, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Delete accounts

To delete specific accounts go to the Settings App - Accounts - Family and other Users

Click on the Account you want to remove and click 'Remove'

If you want to remove all accounts, for example if you are selling your PC, your best option is the Reset the PC, for security reasons this will be the best option . . .

DaveM121, Oct 8, 2015
  3. Delete my account from PC to sell

Hello, I am sending my laptop back because it did not contain all the specs as advertised. I also need to delete my Microsoft account from the pc I am sending back but don't want to permanently delete my Microsoft because I use it on another pc...

Will these steps permanently delete my Microsoft account...

becca57516, Oct 8, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello DrSysop, *Smile

Since you are going to sell the PC, I would recommend to reset Windows 10, and setup a dummy local account and password during Windows setup. This way you can give the sign in details of this account to the new owner for them to use to set up the PC how they like.

Reset Windows 10

Brink, Oct 8, 2015
Thema:

1. Selling PC Want to delete main account - Similar Threads - Selling delete main

2. Selling PC. Want to reinstall Windows to smaller SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Selling PC. Want to reinstall Windows to smaller SSD: As the title suggests, I am selling an old laptop. The original SSD was a 120gb. I replaced it with a 500gb. Now, as I am selling the computer, I want to put the original 120gb back in with a clean copy of Windows 10 Home. With Microsoft being somewhat particular about it's...
  3. Selling PC. Want to reinstall Windows to smaller SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Selling PC. Want to reinstall Windows to smaller SSD: As the title suggests, I am selling an old laptop. The original SSD was a 120gb. I replaced it with a 500gb. Now, as I am selling the computer, I want to put the original 120gb back in with a clean copy of Windows 10 Home. With Microsoft being somewhat particular about it's...
  4. Selling PC. Want to reinstall Windows to smaller SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Delete Main Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Delete Main Account: hello,i got a new device, and set it up with a temporary account while i recovered my old one. now, i finally have my other account set up as admin. i no longer want the other account, but the system wont let me delete it or remove it. i want it gone as soon as possible,...
  6. Wanting to Change The Account under my main account.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Wanting to Change The Account under my main account.: I am having a very difficult time trying to change the Microsoft account attached to my account on my laptop. I want to know how to switch the Microsoft Account to a different one....
  7. I want to make an account the main account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I want to make an account the main account: So I got a PC that used to be my brother’s and my mom said I can’t remove his account from the PC. I want my Microsoft account to be the main account on the PC, but I can’t remove his account. How do I do so? submitted by /u/Marcapwier64 [link] [comments]...
  8. Selling my PC but want to keep my license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Selling my PC but want to keep my license: So I have windows 10 pro, I plan on resetting this pc and selling it without my windows 10 license or in other words take it back, how do I do that? In what order? Thank you...
  9. Want to sell my laptop and need to delete my admin account for obvious reasons

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Want to sell my laptop and need to delete my admin account for obvious reasons: Hi, I just bought a Lenovo Yoga 300 laptop with windows 10. However, it hasn't got the hard drive memory capacity I thought it did and I am going to sell it. Obviously, before I sell it I want to remove my admin account, which is linked to my microsoft account, as so much...
  10. Deleting Microsoft Account on PC, not the main

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Deleting Microsoft Account on PC, not the main: First question, Do downloaded apps on another account show up on another from app history. I know its hard to understand what I mean but in the windows 10 store uninstalled apps are still present, so I was wondering if those apps show up on other accounts. You cannot delete...