Windows 10: Semi-random BSOD need help narrowing down the cause

Discus and support Semi-random BSOD need help narrowing down the cause in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I get a semi-random BSOD every now and again. Sometimes it happens once in a day, other times it goes several days without happening and i just want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by wat4, Jan 16, 2016.

1. wat4 Win User

Semi-random BSOD need help narrowing down the cause

I get a semi-random BSOD every now and again. Sometimes it happens once in a day, other times it goes several days without happening and i just want to narrow it down.

:)

2. OS virtualization

Can you share any details from the crash? Depending on your settings for automatic restarts during a BSOD, you may need to get them from event viewer or possibly from the "Reliability History" tool. Hopefully it helps narrow down what caused the crash.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jan 16, 2016
  3. BAD_POOL_CALLER - Narrowing down the source of a BSOD

The memtest allowed me to pinpoint that one of my RAM sticks was bad. I removed it and have been fine ever since.

Kristopher A., Jan 16, 2016
  4. wat4 Win User

I have seen personally and read many places on the internet its not good to run Prime 95 on haswell because of the outrageous temps it generates with a newer instruction set prime 95 uses.

5. lifetec Win User
    lifetec, Jan 17, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
  7. wat4 Win User
    I ran all the tests, nothing came back abnormal. Been running for several days with nothing abnormal, I guess i'll wait and see what happens.

wat4, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Semi-random BSOD need help narrowing down the cause - Similar Threads - Semi random BSOD

2. Need help narrowing down cause of 100% disk use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help narrowing down cause of 100% disk use: Hi there!I've been having problems with 100% disk use on my HP Pavilion Laptop for a long time a year?, generally without seeing what I would imagine are high read/write rates. It's gradually gotten to the point where the machine is super slow from 100% disk use about half of...
  3. Need help narrowing down cause of 100% disk use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help narrowing down cause of 100% disk use: Hi there!I've been having problems with 100% disk use on my HP Pavilion Laptop for a long time a year?, generally without seeing what I would imagine are high read/write rates. It's gradually gotten to the point where the machine is super slow from 100% disk use about half of...
  4. Need help narrowing down cause of 100% disk use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Need help with random BSODs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help with random BSODs: Hi all, I've been having random BSODs for a while now and they're making me crazy. The BSODs happen randomly throughout the day, sometimes 2-3 times in a day. It tends to happen more if I'm Remote Desktop to connect to another PC. The errors are also random:...
  6. Windows 10 Locking up. Need help narrowing down cause

Windows 10 Locking up. Need help narrowing down cause: So my roommate's PC/OS has been locking up watching YouTube and twitch mostly on a browser. Started shortly after the 6th. At first it was on google chrome so i had him switch to Microsoft edge and getting same result and today it did a BSOD Driver State Power Failure. It...
  7. Narrowing down cause of BSODs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Narrowing down cause of BSODs: I’ve been getting blue screens when trying to run intensive games for the past few months. It started out with Garry’s Mod during loading a couple of times, then when I’ve tried to play CoD Warzone. These times it was PFN_LIST_CORRUPT. Now last night Windows was consistently...
  8. Random BSODs need help

Random BSODs need help: This is the second time I am posting this, couse I didnt get any replies last time, so hopefully things will go better this time. I did get another blue screen in those days which is also uploaded. Here we go:...
  9. Need help narrowing down cause of 100% disk use

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Need help narrowing down cause of 100% disk use: Hi there! I've been having problems with 100% disk use on my HP Pavilion Laptop for a long time (a year?), generally without seeing what I would imagine are high read/write rates. It's gradually gotten to the point where the machine is super slow from 100% disk use about...
  10. I'm having semi regular BSOD and I'm not sure how to narrow down the problem.

I'm having semi regular BSOD and I'm not sure how to narrow down the problem.: Firstly, I have 2 computers that are exactly the same and are only <6 months old. At first neither had any problems, nice and smooth as you'd expect but recently I have started to get BSOD's. I could have the computer on all day with nothing running and no crash. But if I...