Windows 10: Semi transparent shapes

Discus and support Semi transparent shapes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Often see those semi transparent markings on items in some YouTube videos for example and am wondering if someone can let me know if this can be done... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ICIT2LOL, Sep 8, 2017.

1. ICIT2LOL Win User

Semi transparent shapes

Often see those semi transparent markings on items in some YouTube videos for example and am wondering if someone can let me know if this can be done without using some expensive graphics software.

Have used the snipping tool for many years but there does not seem to have a feature like that

:)

ICIT2LOL, Sep 8, 2017
  2. GySgt5821 Win User

Desktop.ini & Thumbs.db -What are they and are they required?

NO they are NOT semi-transparent. Yes, I could select each one individually and set them to hidden, but that would take hours! So not a valid option. Any other suggestions?

GySgt5821, Sep 8, 2017
  3. YBreton Win User
    Windows 10 Taskbar Transparency Level

About Task Bar transparent background, I found How:

On the Desktop, right click and choose PERSONALISATION.

Click START

Turn START FULL SCREEN to ON

Then the tiles are detached from the semi-transparent background that can be seen around the tiles.

YBreton, Sep 8, 2017
  4. AndreyT Win User

Semi transparent shapes

Are you talking about videos or still pictures? The first part of your post metions YouTube, while the second talks about the Snipping Tool...

AndreyT, Sep 8, 2017
  5. lehnerus2000, Sep 8, 2017
  6. ICIT2LOL Win User
    No it is usually a yellow semi transparent circle that can be hovered over a part of the video and I was wondering if that effect could be duplicated in the snipping tool ie put a square around a piece of the pic and instead of it being a defined square make it a semi transparent block or circle - whatever shape you have clicked on.
    If you watch this video you can see what I mean Make Windows 7 bootable DVD with ImgBurn - HD - YouTube it is that yellow marker that follows the cursor around.*Wink

ICIT2LOL, Sep 9, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
    Bree, Sep 9, 2017
  8. ICIT2LOL Win User

Semi transparent shapes

Ok Bree thanks I shall have a look at those options as I think it is quite a cool feature to use especially if it can be used a highlighter in a document as I have several pre typed ditties I use in the forums to save me from constantly having to type out the reason system specs are needed when members just put in Desktop OS 10 for example.

It would also be probably better than having to bold certain words or passages in docs much as you would with a hard copy on your desk.

ICIT2LOL, Sep 9, 2017
  9. Fafhrd Win User
    Fafhrd, Sep 9, 2017
  10. Bree New Member
    There's a 'text colour' option in the forum editor (the A button to the right of 'Size'). you can use it to emphasise typed text, not quite the same effect as a 'highlight', but has a similar result.

11. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Ok thanks to you both I shall have a play around with both*Wink

ICIT2LOL, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Semi transparent shapes

1. Semi transparent shapes - Similar Threads - Semi transparent shapes

2. semi-transparent bar on the side of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    semi-transparent bar on the side of the screen: Since today, there has been a semi-transparent black box on the side of my screen. How do i close it? I have tried restarting the computer but it remains there. I don't think I enabled anything that lead to this. The bar would not show in screenshots, so I took a picture with...
  3. semi-transparent bar on the side of the screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    semi-transparent bar on the side of the screen: Since today, there has been a semi-transparent black box on the side of my screen. How do i close it? I have tried restarting the computer but it remains there. I don't think I enabled anything that lead to this. The bar would not show in screenshots, so I took a picture with...
  4. How do I increase transparency of a 3D shape in Paint 3D?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I increase transparency of a 3D shape in Paint 3D?: I look for tutorials on YouTube & I can't find one. Can you please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-increase-transparency-of-a-3d-shape-in/2ba826aa-f13b-4a42-b79b-d8d7df226b77
  5. How do I increase transparency of a 3D shape in Paint 3D?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I increase transparency of a 3D shape in Paint 3D?: I look for tutorials on YouTube & I can't find one. Can you please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-increase-transparency-of-a-3d-shape-in/2ba826aa-f13b-4a42-b79b-d8d7df226b77
  6. Rectangular shapes instead of circular shapes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Rectangular shapes instead of circular shapes: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] As you can see I have problem where circular shape turns into rectangular shape. I have amd radeon rx 5500 xt If you know how to fix these please reply....
  7. How do I make a semi-transparent background overlaying bar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I make a semi-transparent background overlaying bar?: In order to make my desktop a little bit more organized, I wanted to add a sort of bar as seen in the image below. My background is constantly changing, so I can't hard-code it into the wallpaper. Any tips? Perhaps it could be done with a third-party app?[IMG]...
  8. Is there a way to make desktop icons semi transparent/see through?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to make desktop icons semi transparent/see through?: submitted by /u/philongeo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f8qyyl/is_there_a_way_to_make_desktop_icons_semi/
  9. Desktop background covered by semi-transparent screen

Desktop background covered by semi-transparent screen: My desktop suddenly looks like it has a semi-transparent screen over it. When I click on a program icon on the taskbar, my background will be normal for a second before the program I clicked on pops up....
  10. Aeroglass (Semi-opaque/transparent borders) now beta for Creators

Aeroglass (Semi-opaque/transparent borders) now beta for Creators: Hi, the author has just posted an 'experimental' version of Aeroglass (nagware/3 euros or so for a transferrable license) for the Creator's build. [img] Aero Glass for Win8+ (Example using the AU) [img] 86268