Send SMS USSD with a gsm modem

Discus and support Send SMS USSD with a gsm modem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My laptop has an integrated GSM (HSPDA) modem that I can use to connect to the internet with a SIM card. I wonder if I can send SMS / USSD code with it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Olive, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Olive Win User

My laptop has an integrated GSM (HSPDA) modem that I can use to connect to the internet with a SIM card. I wonder if I can send SMS / USSD code with it under Windows 10. I know it is technically possible since it works under Linux (with modem-manager-gui). I need to send SMS to recharge my credit or have the remaining credit, etc.

:)

Olive, Jul 1, 2018
  2. vonJack---01 Win User

GSM Network request

Thank you offenmeier for suggestion with sms. Actually I found a solution, software is called Logiccode and it can send USSD code like *121# to request prepaid balance. Ussd request is for free, and then I received sms I have to read with Nokia Social Hub
    which by the way is a disaster in terms of software, sometimes it displays that modem is powered off or no 3G connection even when connection is established.

vonJack---01, Jul 1, 2018
  3. aartig14 Win User
    Sending SMS from a PPC emulator through a built-in GSM modem

Hi all!

I am trying to create an application for Pocket PC 2003 using C#, to send an SMS by connecting a built-in GSM modem through the USB port. I have found a library called SMSLib, which contains all the functions for sending n receiving an SMS through a GSM modem
    connected via USB.

I wrote a desktop appln. initially, to check whether the library works. It worked out successfully on the desktop app.

Now i have written the same code in a PPC2003 C# project, but it is not working.

The port to which i have connected the modem is not getting detected on the emulator. Because of this it is givin me an IOException.

Plz. can sumone tel me wat i should do, so that the port gets detected on the emulator???????????

N yes, I have also tried using ActiveSync, but No Luck!! May be it is not useful, or may be I dont know how to use it.

PLEASE help me out... Plz....

Thank You!

aartig14, Jul 1, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

You can now send SMS from the new Skype v8.13

Source: You can now send SMS from the new Skype - Microsoft Community

Brink, Jul 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Send SMS USSD with a gsm modem - Similar Threads - Send SMS USSD

2. when i try to send a fax i get that it is wright protected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    when i try to send a fax i get that it is wright protected: when i try to send a fax i get that it is wright protected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/when-i-try-to-send-a-fax-i-get-that-it-is-wright/d998ae7d-7190-4fe7-8d8a-0a112a931427
  3. Setting Up MS Mail: Can Send, But Not Receive ?

in Browsers and Email
    Setting Up MS Mail: Can Send, But Not Receive ?: Hello, Not too sharp with this, so please bear with me. Trying to set up the Microsoft Mail on a pc running W10. Have never used this MS Mail before. Funny, but I can send msgs with it just fine. But it receives nothing. I tested it out by sending a msg to myself from it...
  4. Setting Up MS Mail: Can Send, But Not Receive ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting Up MS Mail: Can Send, But Not Receive ?: Hello, Not too sharp with this, so please bear with me. Trying to set up the Microsoft Mail on a pc running W10. Have never used this MS Mail before. Funny, but I can send msgs with it just fine. But it receives nothing. I tested it out by sending a msg to myself from it...
  5. Windows live mail is not sending emails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows live mail is not sending emails: My windows live mail is not sending emails. This is the message I get An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Invoice' Server Error: 554 Server Response: 554 5.7.1 Message rejected due to possible malicious content Server: 'send.xtra.co.nz' Windows Live Mail Error ID:...
  6. I CAN NOT RECIEVE OR SEND EMAILS FROM MY NEW WINDOWS10 LABTOP

in Windows 10 Customization
    I CAN NOT RECIEVE OR SEND EMAILS FROM MY NEW WINDOWS10 LABTOP: I CAN NOT RECIEVE OR SEND EMAILS FROM MY NEW WINDOWS 10 LABTOP. EVERYTIME I TRY TO SEND AN EMAIL IT KEEPS SAYING: "We weren't able to send this message, so we've put it in your Drafts folder. Before you try sending it again, you can check to see if the address is correct and...
  7. Why does Send to -> Mail receipent not work correctly?

in Browsers and Email
    Why does Send to -> Mail receipent not work correctly?: Hmm... I am using Thunderbird as my Default Mail Client and have Outlook 2016 resident but not configured. When I do this - by right clicking on a Desktop Shortcut (URL) - [img] I get this - [img] Seems that Send to needs to point to Thunderbird, but it isn't. Any...
  8. Cortana start menu pushing send SMS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana start menu pushing send SMS: On cortana when I click it, normally I get some useful info, weather, appointments etc but lately I notice it comes up with something additional in trying to advertise its app on mobile devices like iOS and android and there is no way to get rid of it. It's very annoying....
  9. To Windows Mobile Insiders: Send SMS with Skype Preview

in Windows 10 News
    To Windows Mobile Insiders: Send SMS with Skype Preview: Yesterday, we rolled out an updated Skype Preview for Windows 10 PC and Mobile to members of the Windows Insider Program. The SMS relay feature is part of this update, and allows users to send and receive SMS and MMS messages directly from a Windows 10 PC when Skype on your...
  10. You can now send SMS from the new Skype v8.13

in Windows 10 News
    You can now send SMS from the new Skype v8.13: Your feedback was loud and clear and we are excited to announce that you can now send SMS in the new Skype v8.13 and above on desktop and mobile. You can do this in different ways: Direct from your conversation window - [img] From the dialpad - [img] From...