Windows 10: Send SMS USSD with a gsm modem

Discus and support Send SMS USSD with a gsm modem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My laptop has an integrated GSM (HSPDA) modem that I can use to connect to the internet with a SIM card. I wonder if I can send SMS / USSD code with it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Olive, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Olive Win User

Send SMS USSD with a gsm modem

My laptop has an integrated GSM (HSPDA) modem that I can use to connect to the internet with a SIM card. I wonder if I can send SMS / USSD code with it under Windows 10. I know it is technically possible since it works under Linux (with modem-manager-gui). I need to send SMS to recharge my credit or have the remaining credit, etc.

:)

Olive, Jul 1, 2018

2. GSM Network request

Thank you offenmeier for suggestion with sms. Actually I found a solution, software is called Logiccode and it can send USSD code like *121# to request prepaid balance. Ussd request is for free, and then I received sms I have to read with Nokia Social Hub
    which by the way is a disaster in terms of software, sometimes it displays that modem is powered off or no 3G connection even when connection is established.

vonJack---01, Jul 1, 2018
  3. aartig14 Win User
    Sending SMS from a PPC emulator through a built-in GSM modem

Hi all!

I am trying to create an application for Pocket PC 2003 using C#, to send an SMS by connecting a built-in GSM modem through the USB port. I have found a library called SMSLib, which contains all the functions for sending n receiving an SMS through a GSM modem
    connected via USB.

I wrote a desktop appln. initially, to check whether the library works. It worked out successfully on the desktop app.

Now i have written the same code in a PPC2003 C# project, but it is not working.

The port to which i have connected the modem is not getting detected on the emulator. Because of this it is givin me an IOException.

Plz. can sumone tel me wat i should do, so that the port gets detected on the emulator???????????

N yes, I have also tried using ActiveSync, but No Luck!! May be it is not useful, or may be I dont know how to use it.

PLEASE help me out... Plz....

Thank You!

aartig14, Jul 1, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

You can now send SMS from the new Skype v8.13

Source: You can now send SMS from the new Skype - Microsoft Community

Brink, Jul 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Send SMS USSD with a gsm modem - Similar Threads - Send SMS USSD

2. Why won't Microsoft send verification SMS?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won't Microsoft send verification SMS?: I reccently updated the bios of my PC. It reset the pin code to login prompting to enter my password and get SMS verification. I know the phone number is correct, i used it to set up the account when i installed windiws 11. However, when i give the correct details it won't...
  3. Why won't Microsoft send verification SMS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't Microsoft send verification SMS?: I reccently updated the bios of my PC. It reset the pin code to login prompting to enter my password and get SMS verification. I know the phone number is correct, i used it to set up the account when i installed windiws 11. However, when i give the correct details it won't...
  4. Microsoft not sending verification code SMS text

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft not sending verification code SMS text: [IMG]If Microsoft is not sending a verification code or SMS text to you when you sign in or create an account, then this post will be able to help you. As it’s an issue of concern, it should be fixed immediately. Fortunately, this post features easy methods to fix it. Why am...
  5. Send and receive SMS messages without a mobile phone.

in Windows 10 Support
    Send and receive SMS messages without a mobile phone.: Asked on google how to send and receive SMS without a Cell Phone. Got a response "I would be glad to help you. What is your Credit card number. Can I please learn this with out paying a one time fee of $25.00. Is there a windows 10 program that emulates a mobile phone...
  6. Cortana has stopped sending SMS messages and Emails

in Cortana
    Cortana has stopped sending SMS messages and Emails: Both these functions used to work great, but as of the last (March 2019) update, both have stopped working. When I ask Cortana to send a message or compose an email, it just opens up a web search result. Windows all up to date, troubleshooter finds no problems; I'm beat!...
  7. Cortana not sending SMS from my PC

in Cortana
    Cortana not sending SMS from my PC: When I initiate a text from Cortana on my PC (Surface Pro 4), I get the normal message that says, "I'll send that text using your phone. It may take a minute depending on connectivity." However, it stays on that screen and never sends the text. It was working fine a few days...
  8. My laptop has an integrated GSM (HSPDA) modem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My laptop has an integrated GSM (HSPDA) modem: My laptop has an integrated GSM (HSPDA) modem that I can use to connect to the internet with a SIM card. I wonder if I can send SMS / USSD code with it under Windows 10. I know it is technically possible since it works under Linux (with modem-manager-gui). I need to send SMS...
  9. Cortana start menu pushing send SMS

Cortana start menu pushing send SMS: On cortana when I click it, normally I get some useful info, weather, appointments etc but lately I notice it comes up with something additional in trying to advertise its app on mobile devices like iOS and android and there is no way to get rid of it. It's very annoying....
  10. USSD Requests

USSD Requests: Hi there all, I am using a Vodafone 3G Modem om my pc, however I cant send receive USSD commands .. is the software that you can direct me towards that I can use. I am using the Cell C Network in South Africa. I have searched on the net and most of the stuff I find simply...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows10 data modem send sms

2. hspda usb model sms not working

3. How to use modemn for ussd in pc

4. how to use ussd on pc,
  5. send ussd codes from windows,
  6. is there a way to send sms from integrated windows modem,
  7. windows lte modem send ussd,
  8. win10 send sms via modem,
  9. send ussd from windows 10,
  10. windows 10 send gsm code,
  11. USSD CODE SMS DONT SEND,