Windows 10: Send Text Messages from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10

Discus and support Send Text Messages from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Send Text Messages from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 How to Send Text Messages from Android Phone in Your Phone app on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by BillyBob, Apr 28, 2016.

1. BillyBob Win User

Send Text Messages from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10

How to: Send Text Messages from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10

How to Send Text Messages from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC

After you text messages from your Android phone on your PC.

Your Phone is an app that runs on your PC. It is preinstalled in Windows 10 October 2018 Update (Version 1809) and it's available to download in Windows 10 April 2018 Update (Version 1803).

To minimize network bandwidth and maximize performance, the Your Phone app only shows text messages that you've received or sent within the last 30 days.

The Your Phone app supports messages sent via SMS (Short Message Service). It also supports MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) group messaging, but does not yet support media attachments (such as photos or videos).

The Your Phone app does not support messages sent via RCS (Rich Communication Services). Some mobile operators refer to RCS as "push messages," "chat features," "advanced messaging," or "RCS messages."

*note If the Your Phone app detects that you're already using Get phone notifications on this PC.

Starting with Windows 10 build 18908, new messaging features below have been added.
    • Send and receive MMS messages – You can now send and receive images and GIFs, including Giphy, right from the Your Phone app.
    • Unread message indicator (badge)
      • Nav pane – A visual indicator on the Messages node, indicating you have unread messages
      • PC Taskbar – A visual indicator on the Your Phone app icon on your PC taskbar, indicating you have unread messages
      • Unread conversations – Visual indicator within threads that have unread messages
    • Contact images – Your Phone app will now sync contact thumbnails for all your contacts that contain profile images, so you can easily identify who you’re messaging with.
      In-line reply – You can quickly reply to text messages from toast notifications without having to open the Your Phone app.
    • Emoji picker – Smileys, people, food, and more. You can easily add emojis to your text messages right from within the app.
    See also: Your Phone app help | Microsoft Support

For troubleshooting info, see Why are some of my text messages missing?

This tutorial will show you how to send text messages from your Android phone in the Your Phone app on your Windows 10 PC.

Here's How:

1. If you haven't already, you will need to link your Android phone to your Windows 10 PC.

2. Open the Your Phone app on your Windows 10 PC.

3. Click/tap on the Messages icon on the left side in the Your Phone app, and click/tap on the New message button. (see screenshot below)

Send Text Messages from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 [​IMG]

4. In the To field, start typing the contact name or phone number you want to send a new text message to, and select the contact (if available) from the drop down list. (see screenshots below)

5. Type the message you want to send in the Enter a message field at the bottom, and click/tap on the Send button when finished. (see screenshot below)

6. Your text message has now been sent from your Android phone in the Your Phone app on your Windows 10 PC. (see screenshot below)

7. If you like, you can continue this conversation by receiving and sending replies in the Your Phone app.

*note If needed, you can click/tap on the Refresh link to update your messages in the Your Phone app.

8. When finished, you can close the Your Phone app if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

BillyBob, Apr 28, 2016
  2. OrbitzXT Win User

How to send an email that a phone receives as a text?

At my office, we want to have the ability to communicate with our electricians who are fairly low tech people. They don't check emails often, but text messaging would work fine for our need. I know with Verizon and Sprint you can using the text messaging app on the phone to text an email, and then if you reply to say L: 9995724770@VTEXT.COM that email will go to the phone as a text message.

Short of having all the electricians text an email to get these addresses, is there an easier way to go about this? I've never really dealt with mass texting before. Is say a Droid phone capable of sending a text to 40 people?

OrbitzXT, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Your Phone app now syncing notifications from Phone to Windows 10 PC Insider

UPDATE 4/26: New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 18885 (20H1) - April 26

#WindowsInsiders using the #YourPhone app, we got even more for you! We have just begin a staged roll-out of syncing notifications from your phone to PC!

Yes! Dismiss on your PC and it will be dismissed on your phone and viceversa.

Tip

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Send Text Messages from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10

windows 8 phone vs android?

I think the Lumia 920 is better than the HTC 8X. I can tell you Windows Phone 8 is good and the Lumia 920 is solid but I can't tell you if it is better than Android.

I think if you use your phone as a phone with occassional browsing, texting, and an app or two, Windows Phone 8 will probably be the better choice. If you are going to install dozens of apps and basically use your phone as a computer substitute, Android is probably better.

If you think you're going to use text-to-speech and speech-to-text a lot, go with Windows Phone 8.

Better yet, just go to a phone store and check all four out and decide what you like best.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Brink Win User
    New Your Phone Companion app 3.5.4 version for Android - July 12

Source: Your Phone Companion - Apps on Google Play

See also: Your Phone app can now receive and manage notifications in Windows 10

Tip

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Brink Win User
    New Your Phone Companion app 3.5.5 version for Android - July 17

Source: Your Phone Companion - Apps on Google Play

See also: Your Phone app can now receive and manage notifications in Windows 10

Tip

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Send Text Messages from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10

1. Send Text Messages from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Send Text Messages

2. Forwarding text messages with the your phone app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forwarding text messages with the your phone app: I have Your Phone installed with Windows 10, I just installed the latest update and was hoping it would include an option to forward messages. I am still not seeing it, it seems unlikely that Microsoft would skip such a basic feature, so I am wondering if I am just not...
  3. Forwarding text messages with the your phone app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forwarding text messages with the your phone app: I have Your Phone installed with Windows 10, I just installed the latest update and was hoping it would include an option to forward messages. I am still not seeing it, it seems unlikely that Microsoft would skip such a basic feature, so I am wondering if I am just not...
  4. Your Phone app: text messaging

Your Phone app: text messaging: I installed Your Phone app on my pc Windows 10 & Your Phone Companion on my android 9 Moto X4 phone. Everything is synched & working except I cannot send texts from the pc. I can receive texts on the pc, & when I send a text from my phone, the text is mirrored on the pc's...
  5. No text message notifications in Your Phone app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No text message notifications in Your Phone app: I set up the Your Phone app with my Galaxy S9 and it mostly works, I can see photos, make calls, I've enabled notification access in the phone's permission settings, and I can send and receive texts and system-related notifications. The battery optimization exception setting...
  6. How to send text messages from Windows 10 with Android Phone

in Windows 10 News
    How to send text messages from Windows 10 with Android Phone: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 and Android has come a long way. Microsoft offers the Phone app which allows one to connect the phone, and then access data. However, it needs Microsoft Launcher or Cortana to make it work. It brings notifications, messaging [...] This post How to...
  7. "Your Phone" app showing text messages but no photos...

"Your Phone" app showing text messages but no photos...: Hi guys i am trying to troubleshoot my issue for an about month now, still no luck. My phone is clear Android, Nokia 8. As text messages are showing up properly the account must be linked properly. I tried to unlink the phone from my Microsoft account, resetting apps both...
  8. Pick Apps from Android Phone to Notify in Your Phone app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Pick Apps from Android Phone to Notify in Your Phone app in Windows 10: How to: Pick Apps from Android Phone to Notify in Your Phone app in Windows 10 How to Pick Apps from Android Phone to Notify in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC Starting with Windows 10 build 18885 on April 26, 2019, Microsoft added a new preview feature to the Your...
  9. View Text Messages from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    View Text Messages from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10: How to: View Text Messages from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 How to View and Reply to Text Messages from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC After you send text messages from your Android phone on your PC. Your Phone is an app that runs...
  10. Turn Off Show Text Messages from Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn Off Show Text Messages from Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10: How to: Turn Off Show Text Messages from Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Show Text Messages from Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC After you send text messages from your Android phone on your PC. You will can only delete messages on...