Windows 10: "Send to Mail Recipient" not associated with Mail app?

Discus and support "Send to Mail Recipient" not associated with Mail app? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello all, I remember this being a problem in Windows 8.1 and to my surprise, it's still present in Windows 10. When right-clicking a file (e.g. an... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JohnnyGui, Oct 2, 2016.

1. JohnnyGui Win User

"Send to Mail Recipient" not associated with Mail app?

Hello all,

I remember this being a problem in Windows 8.1 and to my surprise, it's still present in Windows 10. When right-clicking a file (e.g. an image) selecting "Send To" and then choosing "Mail recipient" Windows would say that there isn't an e-mail program associated with this option and that I'd have to select one in the Standard Apps settings. However, when I go there and view the Standard apps per protocol, I can clearly see that the "Mail to" protocol is already associated with the Mail app.

How to fix this?

:)

JohnnyGui, Oct 2, 2016
  2. GoHawgs Win User

EMail

I right click on a "pdf" file on my desktop. I then select "send to" and "mail recipient." I get an error there is no program associated, yada, yada, yada. I've read the forums and MS just basically indicates set default programs to mail. I don't want
    to use mail. I want to use GMAIL. Does anyone in this plane of existence know how I can make right click, send to, mail recipient open GMAIL? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated as I have tried everything I can think of with no luck. In any case,
    have a great day!

GoHawgs, Oct 2, 2016
  3. Send to mail recipient

It says Outlook then my e-mail address, however , my desktop says the same "Outlook then email address", and it has no problem with "send to mail recipient".Please reply *** Email address is removed for privacy ***.

EricSmith_479, Oct 2, 2016
  4. "Send to Mail Recipient" not associated with Mail app?

Hi have you tried sending what you want via the insert app found at the top of your e-mail app.
    So how I do it is put in the e-mail address you want to send it to then fill in subject.
    then what I am sending them.
    Then use the above mentioned
    I use that when I want to send a file or document, or photo, as an attachment.
    Works every time for me and believe me I send out over 100 of them a day for my daughters and grand daughters business

hTconeM9user, Oct 2, 2016
  5. EJB986 Win User
    I have exactly the same problem.
    If I open my emails I can attach whatever is required....but that isn't my particular problem the same as the OP.
    The right click and select mail recipient....states that no programme is available.
    I use IE 11 and all it's defaults are available?

If I misunderstand the Q and A I apologise!!

EJB986, Oct 2, 2016
  6. lx07 Win User
    You could try deleting everything from %appdata%\microsoft\windows\sendto and then restoring them back from your recycle bin. Or copy them elsewhere, delete them and then copy them back. It seems some corruption here stops the "send to" opening your mail client.

Windows 10 send to mail link broken - Windows 10 Forums

lx07, Oct 2, 2016
  7. JohnnyGui Win User
    Just tried it and it doesn't fix the issue unfortunately. Does it work normally in your case? If so, what Mail app have you associated with the option?

JohnnyGui, Oct 2, 2016
  8. lx07 Win User

It works fine for me but I use Outlook. Hopefully someone using the Windows 10 mail app will try it out.

lx07, Oct 2, 2016
  9. JohnnyGui Win User
    I think that's indeed the reason why it works in your case. Don't know if you're willing to do that but perhaps you can try and associate it temporarily with the Mail app in the "Standard apps per protocol" settings and check if it would work or not.

JohnnyGui, Oct 2, 2016
  10. I have got the same problem. Has anyone fixed this yet?

Cornishman, Jun 4, 2017
  11. Edwin New Member
    'Send to ► Mail recipient' works for me with 3rd party client as defaulted;

for Windows Mail, the 'Share' link works.

Edwin, Jun 4, 2017
    Cornishman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. "Send to Mail Recipient" not associated with Mail app? - Similar Threads - Send Mail Recipient

2. Mail will not connect with send to mail recipiant

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail will not connect with send to mail recipiant: I have been using a number of different email programs. Recently had to give one up and now using outlook again. A feature I use a lot is right click images and use send to mail recipient, I have tried changing the setting to mail and reboot. change to google, reboot. and...
  3. Mail will not connect with send to mail recipiant

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail will not connect with send to mail recipiant: I have been using a number of different email programs. Recently had to give one up and now using outlook again. A feature I use a lot is right click images and use send to mail recipient, I have tried changing the setting to mail and reboot. change to google, reboot. and...
  4. "Send to mail recipient" problem!

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Send to mail recipient" problem!: I use Windows 10. The “send to email recipient” always worked perfectly until Microsoft performed an update a couple of months ago.I have tried every suggestion on the internet and none have worked. Thunderbird is selected as my default email program. Outlook is my...
  5. Editing "send to: mail recipient"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Editing "send to: mail recipient": I have a friend whose computer recently died. He is now running the latest version of Windows 10 and uses Eudora 7 as his mail client. He does not wish to change. I have tried! Previously when using Windows 10 if he wanted to send a picture which he wanted to compress he...
  6. Mail App and File Explorer option Send to > Mail Recipient solution?

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App and File Explorer option Send to > Mail Recipient solution?: Is there a way to make Send to > Mail recipient from File Explorer work with default Windows Mail app? [ATTACH] I know it works with Outlook but wanted to know if there's a working solution/hack to make it also work with default Windows 10 Mail app... Someone mentioned...
  7. Mail's association with "Send to", "Mail recipient" cannot be repaired

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail's association with "Send to", "Mail recipient" cannot be repaired: Hi, This Mail feature has never worked since day 1 for me. The error "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action" persists despite all corrective actions. I've followed all of the Microsoft Support suggestions, starting with resetting the Mail...
  8. Send to mail recipient not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Send to mail recipient not working: I use the "send to mail recipient" in the past by highlighting files, right click and selecting "send to mail recipient". An email would open in outlook with the files as attachments. When I do this now file explorer closes and no email is created. I have windows 10 and use...
  9. Send To Mail Recipient Issues

in Browsers and Email
    Send To Mail Recipient Issues: At some point in the last couple of weeks the Send To/Mail Recipient function has stopped working. When I select a file and do the send to, Windows starts thinking, the explorer window that I have selected this from stops taking input and then eventually, with no error...
  10. Send-to mail recipient association to Outlook but should be to Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Send-to mail recipient association to Outlook but should be to Mail: I recently visited my sister and set up a new computer for her with Windows 10, MS Office 2016 professional and using the Windows Mail. She is as pleased as punch but when wanting to send jpegs to a mail recipient (and resize them accordingly) it asks her to create a new...