Windows 10: Send to Mail Recipient - Windows 10 - MS Office 2016 Pro Plus

Discus and support Send to Mail Recipient - Windows 10 - MS Office 2016 Pro Plus in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Since the latest update in Windows 10 Version 1709 everyone of my computers was having the same problem. I would right click on word docs, excel docs,... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by dheisler, Dec 2, 2017.

1. dheisler Win User

Send to Mail Recipient - Windows 10 - MS Office 2016 Pro Plus

Since the latest update in Windows 10 Version 1709 everyone of my computers was having the same problem. I would right click on word docs, excel docs, pdfs, jpgs and nothing would happen with the exception of jpg files. It would ask me what size I would like to send the file as. Once I chose the size, selected attach, nothing would happen.

Solution: I went to Add/remove programs in the control panel and when I got to Microsoft Office, I selected modify (make sure all of your MS office programs/apps are closed), after that I chose repair and then OK, and after a reboot, everything worked like it was supposed to. I had to do this to all of my computers after this latest patch. 12/1/2017

:)

dheisler, Dec 2, 2017
  2. Ben Corr Win User

How to remove a default file association app from a file type in Windows 10

Such a great answer that is not addressing the question at all. Well done.

So I have the same problem and it's coming completely from microsoft. We decided to install office 365. We had already office 2016 on our machines, so we thought we didn't need office 2016 that is bundled with office 365. Turns out office 2016 from office
    365 is not the same as office 2016. Great!

So now we uninstalled office on all our machines, and reinstalled office 2016 from office 365 (that's a mouthful...)

Anyways, since then nobody can use send to -> mail recipient. One answer was to recreate the link for send to. For that, you have to edit the file with notepad. Did that, forgot to uncheck open by default with notepad.

Now .mapimail is opened by notepad and it's impossible to use send to -> mail recipient anymore. And windows 10 is so well done that we cannot remove the association. That's a nice pile of c*** you sent us there microsoft, thanks a lot.

Regards, a clearly not satisfied customer.

Ben Corr, Dec 2, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Photos App - no Outlook 2013 Share option??

Not exactly an app fix, but if you are on your desktop in Windows 10...

Find the picture in File Explorer,

Right Click it,

Go the 'Send to'

The options their should show you 'mail recipient'

On my computer, the mail client is Office (current version) 2016

On my computer, when I click that, it gives you the change to change the file size (handy),

and then send the picture as an attachment.

LeslieTr_101, Dec 2, 2017
Thema:

Send to Mail Recipient - Windows 10 - MS Office 2016 Pro Plus

1. Send to Mail Recipient - Windows 10 - MS Office 2016 Pro Plus - Similar Threads - Send Mail Recipient

2. Mail will not connect with send to mail recipiant

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail will not connect with send to mail recipiant: I have been using a number of different email programs. Recently had to give one up and now using outlook again. A feature I use a lot is right click images and use send to mail recipient, I have tried changing the setting to mail and reboot. change to google, reboot. and...
  3. Mail will not connect with send to mail recipiant

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail will not connect with send to mail recipiant: I have been using a number of different email programs. Recently had to give one up and now using outlook again. A feature I use a lot is right click images and use send to mail recipient, I have tried changing the setting to mail and reboot. change to google, reboot. and...
  4. "Send to mail recipient" problem!

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Send to mail recipient" problem!: I use Windows 10. The “send to email recipient” always worked perfectly until Microsoft performed an update a couple of months ago.I have tried every suggestion on the internet and none have worked. Thunderbird is selected as my default email program. Outlook is my...
  5. Editing "send to: mail recipient"

Editing "send to: mail recipient": I have a friend whose computer recently died. He is now running the latest version of Windows 10 and uses Eudora 7 as his mail client. He does not wish to change. I have tried! Previously when using Windows 10 if he wanted to send a picture which he wanted to compress he...
  6. Office 365 subscription changed to MS Office Pro Plus 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 subscription changed to MS Office Pro Plus 2016: After upgrading to 20152.1 my Office 365 has changed to MS Office Pro Plus 2016 and is requiring activation If I select Change license option then my valid MS Office 365 license is presented but nothing appears to happen when I select it and click next (it stays as MS Office...
  7. MS Office Pro Plus 2016 Win10Pro looses Printers view

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS Office Pro Plus 2016 Win10Pro looses Printers view: I print once and then next print it says no printers installed. Appears to be since a Microsoft update happened, whats the issue and how to correct? Thanks for any feedback, Greg...
  8. MS Office/Outlook 2016 Pro Plus

MS Office/Outlook 2016 Pro Plus: I recently installed MS Office Pro 2016 mainly so I could use Outlook 2016 as my default email along with Yahoo. However, when I click on anything in a message I get: "Your Organizations Policies are preventing us from completing this action for you. For more information...
  9. Windows 10 "send to mail recipient" error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 "send to mail recipient" error: I have Windows 10 home on PC and windows 10 pro on laptop for the last couple of months when I left click on "send to mail recipient" an error message says there's no email program associated to perform this.--ONLY on win 10 home, It works fine on pro version. -this is a...
  10. MS Office Pro Plus 2016 (some updates are not needed)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    MS Office Pro Plus 2016 (some updates are not needed): I have MS Office Pro Plus 2016 installed and running the most latest version of Win10. Whenever I install the Office program, I select Custom, and only installing Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. That is all I need. But when I run Windows Updates for other Microsoft...