Windows 10: Send to menu

Discus and support Send to menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Whenever I right click any file I get the context menu with the 'send to option'. However, I have recently bought a new camera, and when I download the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by john3650, Feb 25, 2018.

1. john3650 Win User

Send to menu

Whenever I right click any file I get the context menu with the 'send to option'. However, I have recently bought a new camera, and when I download the photos into it's folder, then right click one, there is 'no send' to in the context menu.
    All the articles I have read assume that it is missing completely, and instructions are for replacing it, but non of this works when it is already on all other files.
    How do I get it working on the one folder where it is missing.?
    Thank you.

:)

john3650, Feb 25, 2018

2. Send to menu keys to access alternative send to menu

Hi,

Send to menu is accessible by using right click on the specific program or file. The alternative
    Send to menu feature can normally accessed by pressing Alt
    + Shift first before using right click on the program. That is the most updated shortcut for alternative
    Send to menu.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Janeane Cru, Feb 25, 2018
  3. Send to menu keys to access alternative send to menu

Okay. I have used machines where only shift is required too.

bmxjumperc, Feb 25, 2018
  4. Try3 Win User

Send to menu

John,

SendTo only appears if you right-click whilst a file is selected. If there is nothing selected then there would be nothing to SendTo anywhere.

If you do, in fact, have a file selected but SendTo is missing then please would you post a screenshot showing that happening and showing the folder address in case that turns out to be significant.

Denis

5. john3650 Win User
    Screenshot, showing what happens when I right click image. No problem anywhere else on PC

Send to menu [​IMG]

john3650, Feb 25, 2018
  6. Try3 Win User
    John,

1 Neither of the images shown appears to be selected & the 'context menu' [the common term for a right-click menu] you posted matches that condition i.e. of not having any file selected.
    2 The existence of the New folder entry in your context menu makes me think you are using a folder with very limited write permissions.
    3 Are you looking at a folder that is on the camera itself rather than a folder on your own computer into which you have copied your images? That is what its File explorer address suggests to me.
    4 If so then your camera probably maintains tight security over what you can do in its memory card and that could explain why you are getting a non-standard context menu that lacks SendTo.
    5 Copy some of your camera photos into a folder on your computer and see how its context menu behaves. There might well not be any problem.

Denis

7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello John, *Smile

In addition to what Denis posted, it appears you are right clicking on the background of the opened folder instead of on an actual file or selected files.

Brink, Feb 25, 2018
  8. john3650 Win User

Send to menu

Thank you for your reply.
    Image selected, and result of right click.

Send to menu [​IMG]

john3650, Feb 26, 2018
  9. spunk Win User
    When a phone is attached to a computer via a USB, it is not treated like an external HDD. Send To does not appear when right clicking a Picture on a Phone. It only appears when right clicking an internal or external drive on the computer. You can open the desired destination drive so it takes up half the screen and open the Phone directory and drag and drop your file to the destination drive, you just can't use the Send To menu.

spunk, Feb 26, 2018
  10. john3650 Win User
    OK, thank you for your help. At least I know it is not possible now.

john3650, Feb 26, 2018
  11. Try3 Win User
    John,

"At least I know it is not possible now" - It is possible once you have copied the photos from the camera into a folder on your computer.

Denis

12. john3650 Win User
    Surely the photos that I have selected are on a file in my computer?

john3650, Feb 27, 2018
  13. Try3 Win User

Send to menu

John,

The folder address shown in the File explorer window suggests that you are looking at the camera's storage card whilst it is still in the camera. That's why you are not getting a normal context menu.

If you create a folder of your own on, say, your desktop and copy the camera files there you will find that the context menu behaves normally.

By copying the files to your computer, you will also be able to include them in your routine file backup procedures.

Denis

14. john3650 Win User
    Thank you, that works perfectly.

john3650, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Send to menu

1. Send to menu - Similar Threads - Send menu

2. Send To Menu - Adding App's Shortcut

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Send To Menu - Adding App's Shortcut: I managed to put WhatsApp shortcut in "Send To Menu"; to help in sending attachments directly from their folders. When I open the menu folder, I find the shortcut there, but when I try to R-Click > Send To a file, the short cut is not there in the menu. How can I fix this?...
  3. Send To Menu - Adding App's Shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Send To Menu - Adding App's Shortcut: I managed to put WhatsApp shortcut in "Send To Menu"; to help in sending attachments directly from their folders. When I open the menu folder, I find the shortcut there, but when I try to R-Click > Send To a file, the short cut is not there in the menu. How can I fix this?...
  4. Send To Menu - Adding App's Shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. outlook file menu is not available so I have no way to select options to make send receive...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    outlook file menu is not available so I have no way to select options to make send receive...: microsoft office 365 family. Just updated outlook app, and my file menu option or send/receive menu item both missing. Trying to get send received back, but don't have access to options, without the file button. Can you assist?...
  6. outlook file menu is not available so I have no way to select options to make send receive...

outlook file menu is not available so I have no way to select options to make send receive...: microsoft office 365 family. Just updated outlook app, and my file menu option or send/receive menu item both missing. Trying to get send received back, but don't have access to options, without the file button. Can you assist?...
  7. From File Explorer right-click menu, how do you send file in OneDrive as attachment?...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    From File Explorer right-click menu, how do you send file in OneDrive as attachment?...: From File Explorer right-click menu, how do you send file located in OneDrive as attachment? Windows 11. Just bought a new laptop with Windows 11 home. "Documents" is located in OneDrive. I want to send a file via email as an attachment. Right-click reg edit to show all on...
  8. From File Explorer right-click menu, how do you send file in OneDrive as attachment?...

From File Explorer right-click menu, how do you send file in OneDrive as attachment?...: From File Explorer right-click menu, how do you send file located in OneDrive as attachment? Windows 11. Just bought a new laptop with Windows 11 home. "Documents" is located in OneDrive. I want to send a file via email as an attachment. Right-click reg edit to show all on...
  9. Send to mail recipient context menu not working, unable to set it to Mail app - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Send to mail recipient context menu not working, unable to set it to Mail app - Windows 11: When I try to send a file from Windows Explorer I'm unable to do so due to "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control...
  10. Send to mail recipient context menu not working, unable to set it to Mail app - Windows 11

Send to mail recipient context menu not working, unable to set it to Mail app - Windows 11: When I try to send a file from Windows Explorer I'm unable to do so due to "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control...