Windows 10: Send to one note

Discus and support Send to one note in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good Afternoon, Have a new HP laptop and all of a sudden when I turn it on three boxes appear on the bottom saying something about one note. I always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Generally Aware, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Send to one note

Good Afternoon,
    Have a new HP laptop and all of a sudden when I turn it on three boxes appear on the bottom saying something about one note. I always have to get rid of it. Can someone advise. Thanks.

:)

Generally Aware, Dec 1, 2017

2. Send to One Note Opens on Startup Ever Since the Fall Windows Update

Hi,

We need to do further investigation so that we can identify the cause of the issue. Let's try to disable OneNote on startup and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Open OneNote > File > Options.
    • Under Display, uncheck the Place OneNote icon in the notification area of the taskbar.
    If that does not work, check if the shortcut of the Send to OneNote Tool is placed in the startup folder "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup" If yes, delete its shortcut and see
    if it has the same issue.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Dec 1, 2017
  3. Send to One Note Opens on Startup Ever Since the Fall Windows Update

I have the same issue. This has only happened after recent updates. I am using Office 2013 with Win 10 Pro.

I have

- disabled OneNote from the Startup section of the Task Manager.

- unchecked Start with OneNote.

- deleted the Send to OneNote shortcut from "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup"

Send To OneNote still opens in the taskbar after restarting my PC.

If I uncheck "Place OneNote icon in the notification area of the taskbar" then Send to OneNote does not appear at all and I cannot use its snipping tool - the only feature that I use.

OneNote and "Send to OneNote" have different icons and appear to be different apps but the help always bundles them as "OneNote".

Shouldn't the checkbox "Place OneNote icon in the notification area of the taskbar" be "Place Send to OneNote in the..."?

Can you please make the distinction between both apps more clear in all checkbox options and help given.

I am still looking for an answer to this issue.

DragonflyKing, Dec 1, 2017
  4. Send to one note

Hi Generally Aware.

If you don't use then go into startup tab (Task Manager) and disable. Of course you could also uninstall.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Dec 1, 2017
  5. If you want you can uninstall OneNote app you can also check settings of the OneNote to see you can disable OneNote starting when Windows start.

To get rid of it you’ll need to open the Start menu, search for PowerShell, right click on the result and click on Run as administrator.

Execute following PowerShell command to uninstall OneNote app.

Code: Get-AppxPackage *OneNote* | Remove-AppxPackage[/quote] Restart your computer to see issue resolved.

FreeBooter, Dec 1, 2017
  6. Thanks for the answer to both. I tried Ken's first and it worked.

Generally Aware, Dec 1, 2017
  7. Excellent. Glad the forum could help.

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Send to one note

1. Send to one note - Similar Threads - Send note

2. On Link to Phone... Trying to send a group text. Are we limited to only ten people? I need...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On Link to Phone... Trying to send a group text. Are we limited to only ten people? I need...: Are we limited to only ten people? I need to send to 15. Is there a workaround?JB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-link-to-phone-trying-to-send-a-group-text-are/6988c5ea-9347-49eb-9949-099da6e4e1f6
  3. On Link to Phone... Trying to send a group text. Are we limited to only ten people? I need...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    On Link to Phone... Trying to send a group text. Are we limited to only ten people? I need...: Are we limited to only ten people? I need to send to 15. Is there a workaround?JB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-link-to-phone-trying-to-send-a-group-text-are/6988c5ea-9347-49eb-9949-099da6e4e1f6
  4. send photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    send photos: how to you send photos on my computer on an email to another email? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/send-photos/ab869e59-bd55-4009-9813-a0c7507d4697
  5. send photos

send photos: how to you send photos on my computer on an email to another email? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/send-photos/ab869e59-bd55-4009-9813-a0c7507d4697
  6. Epson Scan Smart: You cannot send the email confirm the settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Epson Scan Smart: You cannot send the email confirm the settings: I've been using Epson Scan Smart with no issues on Windows 10 ever since the program was released. Recently, I've upgraded to Windows 11 and when trying to use Epson Scan Smart and attaching the scan to an email reference point, an error message, "You cannot send the email...
  7. Epson Scan Smart: You cannot send the email confirm the settings

Epson Scan Smart: You cannot send the email confirm the settings: I've been using Epson Scan Smart with no issues on Windows 10 ever since the program was released. Recently, I've upgraded to Windows 11 and when trying to use Epson Scan Smart and attaching the scan to an email reference point, an error message, "You cannot send the email...
  8. My personal book editor put a "freeze" on my manuscript before sending to a publisher. The...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My personal book editor put a "freeze" on my manuscript before sending to a publisher. The...: I'm a free-lance writer and have finished my first book and hired a semi-retired editor to "do her thing". It was a very professional outcome, and then the editor put a "freeze" on the Word doc. to avoid traditional publishers from editing anything in the manuscript. Well,...
  9. Firefox Send and Firefox Notes are being decommissioned by Mozilla

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox Send and Firefox Notes are being decommissioned by Mozilla: As Mozilla tightens and refines its product focus in 2020, today we are announcing the end of life for two legacy services that grew out of the Firefox Test Pilot program: Firefox Send and Firefox Notes. Both services are being decommissioned and will no longer be a part of...
  10. How can I stop One Note from starting up when I boot up? It says "Send To OneNote" with...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I stop One Note from starting up when I boot up? It says "Send To OneNote" with...: When I start up Windows 10 on my desktop, it started showing OneNote gratuitously! There are three little windows under the caption "Send To OneNote. I've tried disabling the app, to no avail....