Windows 10: Send updates to PCs on my local network

Discus and support Send updates to PCs on my local network in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; [img] With the setting as shown on the attached screen shot, does the PC send updates to other PCs directly through router without passing through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by big10, Nov 17, 2016.

1. big10 Win User

Send updates to PCs on my local network

Send updates to PCs on my local network [​IMG]

With the setting as shown on the attached screen shot, does the PC send updates to other PCs directly through router without passing through internet, i.e. does this setting save internet data volume?

:)

big10, Nov 17, 2016
  2. neilcq Win User

Windows 10 updates from PCs on your local network on public wifi

That's disappointing and makes sharing of updates a security issue for company laptops running Windows 10. It seems the only solution for these devices (where such restrictions are important - this feature could possibly be used to spread malware) is for
    Windows Updates to be set to not download from other devices, even on the LAN.

neilcq, Nov 17, 2016
  3. neilcq Win User
    Windows 10 updates from PCs on your local network on public wifi

Is there any setting that can restrict (prevent) sharing of updates on Public networks?

neilcq, Nov 17, 2016
  4. Neemobeer Win User

Yes, if you keep this setting enabled your computers will act as a update cache for your other Windows 10 devices and it will reduce internet usage.

Neemobeer, Nov 17, 2016
  5. big10 Win User
    Question withdrawn.

Answer found in MS website.

big10, Nov 18, 2016
  6. EdTittel Win User
    Please mark this thread as "solved" to help us forum watchers decide which threads to read. Thanks!
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Send updates to PCs on my local network - Similar Threads - Send updates PCs

2. Interactive Bat file to send Files across Network to PCs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Interactive Bat file to send Files across Network to PCs: I need help with creating a batch script, which will allow me to send some files across to PCs on the Network. I need the script to be interactive so that it requests the name of the PC to which the file will be sent. Instead of editing the script whenever I want to send the...
  3. Interactive Bat file to send Files across Network to PCs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Interactive Bat file to send Files across Network to PCs: I need help with creating a batch script, which will allow me to send some files across to PCs on the Network. I need the script to be interactive so that it requests the name of the PC to which the file will be sent. Instead of editing the script whenever I want to send the...
  4. Interactive Bat file to send Files across Network to PCs

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to share folders/documents on my Home Network with PCs using local accounts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to share folders/documents on my Home Network with PCs using local accounts: Hi, I have 4 PSs on my Home Network all using local accounts. 3Pcs are running Win10 Pro PC-1, PC-2, & PC-3 and 1 runs under Win10 Home PC-4.They all have the latest version of Win 10 20H2 and all of them have beenconfigured to share files with Password protection turned...
  6. Other PCs on my Network???

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Other PCs on my Network???: Hi guys, I've looked at my Network (This PC>Network) and have seen two other PC/Desktops that I don't recognise. What could this be and how can I find out? All help is appreciated! Thanks. submitted by /u/yeebaa [link] [comments]...
  7. Trying to connect two Win 10 pcs on local network

Trying to connect two Win 10 pcs on local network: After some searching on the net I have my old PC able to access my new PC. However I cannot access my old PC from my new PC. Any suggestions will be welcome...
  8. Update trashes my local network

Update trashes my local network: Why does each update remove my local network settings and replace them with what Windows seems to believe I want or need? I'm running Win 10 Pro on two computers and I want these to talk to each other, share files, etc. Shouldn't be that hard. However, after an update,...
  9. Updates on Local Network

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates on Local Network: If I have three computers on local network and only one has internet access will this update all machines on local network? [img] 41718
  10. Getting updates from PCs on local network doesn't happen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Getting updates from PCs on local network doesn't happen: Does this feature work as intended? We have two desktop PCs and one laptop at home, all running Win10 version 1607 x64 Pro and all on the same IP subnet. All three machines are configured in Settings / Update & Security / Advanced Settings with "Updates from more than one...