Windows 10: Sending Email From Outlook.com Aliases in Windows 10 Mail App

Discus and support Sending Email From Outlook.com Aliases in Windows 10 Mail App in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; According to the Mail App 'What's New' details, it says the following: What's new in Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 New features in the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ARC1020, Jul 25, 2016.

1. ARC1020 Win User

Sending Email From Outlook.com Aliases in Windows 10 Mail App

According to the Mail App 'What's New' details, it says the following:

According to the details it should work, however, it doesn't work for me. Are there any non-insiders who can clarify whether they're able to send email from an Outlook.com alias in their desktop Mail App?

It works OK for me on Windows 10 Mobile, however I'm not seeing any drop-down box in the desktop app.

Sending Email From Outlook.com Aliases in Windows 10 Mail App [​IMG]

:)

ARC1020, Jul 25, 2016

2. WP8 and Alias

That is my experience too.

However, I would like to be able to send and receive from my Outlook.com alias.

In the WP8 mail client, I have all Hotmail.com and Outlook.com emails and folders synced up; but I cannot send mail from any alias. I can only send mail from my main Hotmail.com and Outlook.com addresses.

The only thing I can do is go to the IE app and manually open Hotmail.com and Outlook.com and send from aliases there.

What is the point of the alias if you can only receive at the email address? Another junk mail account?

PrimalBeastMode, Jul 25, 2016
  3. Steve0000 Win User
    Windows 10 Mail app: not able to choose aliases to send emails from

I have downloaded Windows 10. In the Mail app I can no longer choose which of my Outlook account aliases I send an email from - only the default is available.

In outlook.com and in my last version of Windows Mail app, when I write an email or reply to an email, I can/could choose which alias I send the email from. At the moment in Windows 10 Mail app From: field I can no longer do this.
    The only address available is the default or primary account address.

How can I get the previous functionality back, please?

Steve0000, Jul 25, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

This feature only seems to be available to insiders at the moment.

philc43, Jul 25, 2016
  5. ARC1020 Win User
    OK, thanks for confirming.

ARC1020, Jul 25, 2016
  6. ARC1020 Win User
    It has now finally been added to the desktop Mail app too.

Sending Email From Outlook.com Aliases in Windows 10 Mail App [​IMG]

ARC1020, Aug 24, 2016
  7. philc43 Win User
    Thanks for verifying this *Smile

philc43, Aug 24, 2016
  8. jameshowe Win User

Works fine for on the desktop - running 14393.82 in the Mail app - don't ever use it due to having outlook 2016 installed.

not available to me on the mobile though - running 14393.67

jameshowe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Sending Email From Outlook.com Aliases in Windows 10 Mail App - Similar Threads - Sending Email Outlook

2. Aliases in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Aliases in Windows 10 Mail app: I have set up four email aliases in my Microsoft account - 2 outlook.com and 2 icloud.comI can send email using the icloud.com aliases when in Outlook.com webmail, but in the Windows 10 mail app, only the two outlook.com aliases appear as being able to send email from.Is...
  3. Mail app for Windows is not sending emails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail app for Windows is not sending emails: I have an issue with the Mail app for Windows. It stopped sending emails, they are hanging in the outbox. But inbound correspondence gets into inbox without any problems. I have this issue only with the Mail App, Outlookworks as expected. Could you help me fix it?...
  4. Windows 10 Mail app not sending or receiving emails

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Mail app not sending or receiving emails: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]We’ve heard of several folks speaking of the inability to send emails from the built-in Mail app within Windows 10. Now, this can be a huge problem for those who receive and send emails on a regular basis. We understand [...] This post Windows 10 Mail app...
  5. Unable to send emails from Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to send emails from Windows 10 Mail app: My Windows 10 Livemail sends all my outgoing emails to Outbox. Optusnet email is working on internet (webmail) and tests on Windows 10 has provided messages that all settings are correct. Any ideas on what is going wrong here?? ***Original title: Sending emails from...
  6. Cannot send smtp emails from Mail app or Outlook(error 0x8009030f)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot send smtp emails from Mail app or Outlook(error 0x8009030f): Hello, I have a problem with using the Mail app and Outlook 2019 I can receive emails but can't send them. The error I get is 0x8009030f And after I press send, I get this message to my inbox: "We weren't able to send this message, so we've put it in your Drafts folder....
  7. Cannot send yahoo email from Windows 10 mail app

Cannot send yahoo email from Windows 10 mail app: Outgoing messages get hung up in Outbox on Windows 10 mail app. Have deleted and reinstalled yahoo numerous times. Web-based yahoo works fine, works fine from my iPhone...it's just Win 10. What's the correct outbox server setting?...
  8. Windows 10 Mail app and Outlook .com

Windows 10 Mail app and Outlook .com: I'm having a problem with Mail and Outlook. When I go to view my e-mail messages using the Mail app viewer all of the body content of the message is in some sort of plain text or computer language. There are no pictures of graphics in the message just this plain text...
  9. email aliases in Mail app vs WLM 2012

in Browsers and Email
    email aliases in Mail app vs WLM 2012: In WLM 2012 email arriving in my alias folder appear in "Quick Views" making it easy to see when new mail arrived for those aliases. I given the Live mail app in Windows 10 a try. In this app I have to click More to see the folders for my aliases and there is no notification...
  10. Make 'Mail' app default for sending emails and not Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Make 'Mail' app default for sending emails and not Outlook: I have both the windows 10 mail app and office outlook installed but when emailing a document from within windows file explorer it always tries to send it using Outlook. Is there a way to get it to default to send using the Mail app instead? I have tried setting the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 mail send as alias

2. wondows 10 mail app no alias

3. how to show alias in windows 10 mail app

4. how to check email for aliases outlook,
  5. send from an alias in windows mail,
  6. windows 10 email aliases,
  7. outlook aliases in Windows 10,
  8. outlook mail windows 10 cant send from alias,
  9. outlook windows app alias,
  10. send from alias in mail for windows 10,
  11. win10 mail send as alias