Windows 10: Sending pictures to an existing CDR

Discus and support Sending pictures to an existing CDR in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I used XP for almost fourteen years without a problem. Now that I have windows10 I haven't been able to add pictures to exist8ing cd's. No problems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by numbed79, Dec 31, 2015.

1. numbed79 Win User

Sending pictures to an existing CDR

I used XP for almost fourteen years without a problem. Now that I have windows10 I haven't been able to add pictures to exist8ing cd's. No problems with data or music. I also cannot view the picture CD's. I double click burn to disc but nothing happens. I get a list but no way to view it. I get a notice,these files are ready....etc. but when I click on a folder to transfer new contents...nothing happens. I'm at a loss on how to procede. Any step by step would be greatlyb appreciated.

:)

numbed79, Dec 31, 2015
  2. inkyphil Win User

CDR Thumbnails and Windows 10

Having had the same cdr thumbnail view problems I tried your suggestion but nothing changed. Funny though that I can see cdr file thumbs that I have created and saved myself. It is just cdr clipart that seems to be the problem ( ie: not showing as a picture
    in explorer, ( just as an icon). Does windows 10 apps have a valid thumbnail viewer that will show cdr clipart thumbnails?

inkyphil, Dec 31, 2015
  3. Burn Disc does not work in Windows 10 File Explorer.

With regard to Windows 10 "burn to disc", I found that have a new CDR or DVD in the DVD drive, I could simply drag and drop files to the drive icon, and it worked perfectly. I recently did this repeatedly to create more than a dozen CDR disks with several
    files each. I also insured that I could read them off the CDR disk.

Dudley Parsons, Dec 31, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

jds63, Dec 31, 2015
  5. numbed79 Win User
    numbed79, Dec 31, 2015
  6. jds63 Win User
    jds63, Dec 31, 2015
  7. numbed79 Win User
    Thanks. I'll look into iy.

numbed79, Dec 31, 2015
  8. jds63 Win User

Your Welcome ! Other free software to use google it.

jds63, Jan 1, 2016
  9. Berton Win User
    By definition a CD-R is Recordable, once, then it becomes a CD-ROM [Read Only Memory]. There are programs can can format a CD-R and use it as a multi-session but considering the cost of discs [less than the old floppies] I've never found that process to be totally satisfactory. A CD-RW disc is ReWriteable, can be erased and used again and sometimes added to.

Berton, Jan 1, 2016
  10. jds63 Win User
    I missed the part of CD-R myself.

jds63, Jan 1, 2016
  11. numbed79 Win User
    I really miss XP. Transferring was so simple. All I did was click send to the CD and everything went. Then just click files ready to send to CD and that's it. Windows 10 is not an improvement and I'm still in the dark as to how to do something that used to be do simple. I alwqays added to the CDR since everything was meant to be permanent. Maybe I'm missing something but so far I'm haven't figured it out.

numbed79, Jan 2, 2016
  12. CountMike New Member
    I always used 3rd party programs for burning CDs, Windows were always too basic with very little control.
    Btw, you can ad files to CD only if session was not closed and there's more space than needed. With some brands of CDs and machines, you could "Overburn" them and than few more MBs could be added.

CountMike, Jan 2, 2016
  13. jds63 Win User

Now that is something i never asked CD session was closed.

Nice Avatar Mike !!*chuckle

jds63, Jan 3, 2016
  14. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Jan 3, 2016
  15. numbed79 Win User
    Thanks.

I will try this again. I hope it's just because I'm missing something simple. I wish I'd never have upgraded from XP. I know it's not supported any longer but it was perfect for my needs.

numbed79, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Sending pictures to an existing CDR - Similar Threads - Sending pictures existing

2. DOES PICTURE IT STILL EXIST?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DOES PICTURE IT STILL EXIST?: I HAVE SOME PICTURE IT PAPER AND NEED TO DOWNLOAD PICTURE IT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-picture-it-still-exist/17ee9db7-fc73-4574-b45f-9f01453d3852
  3. DOES PICTURE IT STILL EXIST?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DOES PICTURE IT STILL EXIST?: I HAVE SOME PICTURE IT PAPER AND NEED TO DOWNLOAD PICTURE IT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-picture-it-still-exist/17ee9db7-fc73-4574-b45f-9f01453d3852
  4. Unable to send pictures via chat.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to send pictures via chat.: Unable to fix issue with wifi extender, I was able to capture picture of the error but could not send that picture via chat to extender website. All options were either not available greyed or not present.Using Windows 11....
  5. external dvd cdr player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external dvd cdr player: New HP laptop, windows10 and I can NOT get an external dvd NOT BLU RAY movie or cdr audio to play. It recognizes the drive, and disc spins, then autoplay pops up only in file explorer, then file explorer stops responding.... 2 drives returned so far... I guess I need help on...
  6. Sending a file folder of pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sending a file folder of pictures: I have 3 pictures that I placed in a file folder. How do I send it to someone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sending-a-file-folder-of-pictures/0bbb7093-ac80-40d7-9f70-93bf571340dd
  7. my scanner will not send pictures to computor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my scanner will not send pictures to computor: my scanner will not transfer info to my computer. however my computer can send info to the scanner and print it. printer is Epson wy2760 3 in one. the computer is dell OptiPlex 390, the printer is connected by a usb cable...
  8. can't send pictures or video and can't see any pictures or videos that someone sends

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't send pictures or video and can't see any pictures or videos that someone sends: I try to send a picture to family and friends and what not but it doesn't let me it's the sane with sending a video and when someone sends me a picture or video it yelled Mr to download it and I try to bit it loss and them just said to download again I have tried to do it...
  9. Pictures wont send on skype

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pictures wont send on skype: im trying to send someone pictures on skype. they seam like they send but when i click of the window and click back to it i end up with a greay box with a picture frame looking thing in it and the pic has dissaped. ive tried rebooting, reinstalling and deleting the appdata...
  10. DVD and cdr do not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD and cdr do not work: dvd and cdr do not work in windows 10 how do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/dvd-and-cdr-do-not-work/19eb0b44-23aa-4696-a072-fae9db1fa9c7