Windows 10: SendKeys not working on Windows 10

Discus and support SendKeys not working on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi every body, Sorry for my poor English. I am trying to use the "SendKeys" command to the Windows Calculator in Win 10 but it does not work at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Adalwar, May 7, 2016.

1. Adalwar Win User

SendKeys not working on Windows 10

Hi every body,
    Sorry for my poor English.

I am trying to use the "SendKeys" command to the Windows Calculator in Win 10 but it does not work at all.
    In Win 8.1 it works fine, but only if I have disabled completly the UAC via Registry (EnableLUA=0).

In Win 10, disabling UAC via Regsitry the Calculator does not Start at all as many other things stop working. And with EnableLUA=1 the SendKeys just does not work, but the Calculator is copying and reding from Clipboard (Ctrl+c, Ctrl+V).

Does anybody have an a Ideia how un-block this?
    Thank you.

:)

Adalwar, May 7, 2016

2. SendKeys and Windows 10

Hello to all.

I'm developing projects written in VB6 (desktop applications). In many cases, we use the "SendKeys" function in order to do a number of things. This worked fine with previous versions of Windows but stopped working with Windows 10. Is there a solution to
    this problem?

Thanks in advance

Kostas Bolos, May 7, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Version 1703: detect display (to correct screen resolution)

Hi,

whenever I connect/enable my 2nd display, the screen resolution is wrong.

Upto Windows 10 Version 1511, I had the following shortcut to the display settings control panel:

C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL desk.cpl.

I then clicked "Detect" and the screen resolution was corrected.

Since Windows 10 Version 1607, this was no longer possible. The desk.cpl file exists, but doesn't work anymore. And the "detect display" exists, but only in the "modern" look.

I then started to use the solution from the following question:
    Windows 10 Version 1607: detect display (to correct screen resolution)

However, in Windows 10 Version 1703, this doesn't work either. I now solved my problem using the following
    SetDisplay.bat script:

rem Use %SendKeys% to send keys to the keyboard buffer

set SendKeys=CScript //nologo //E:JScript "%~F0"

%windir%\System32\DisplaySwitch.exe /clone

ping -n 5 -w 1 127.0.0.1 > NUL

%SendKeys% "echo off{ENTER}"

%windir%\System32\DisplaySwitch.exe /external

ping -n 5 -w 1 127.0.0.1 > NUL

%SendKeys% "echo off{ENTER}"

This works perfectly fine, but to avoid the black command screen from appearing, I call it using the
    invisible.vbs script file:

CreateObject("Wscript.Shell").Run """" & WScript.Arguments(0) & """", 0, False

And finally I create the following shortcut:

wscript.exe "C:\path\to\invisible.vbs" "C:\path\to\SetDisplay.bat"

Kind regards

Stijn

StijnBousard, May 7, 2016
  4. KiloOne Win User

I have a similar problem in Win 10 with a mintty (a Cygwin64 Terminal) window not accepting wscript sendkeys, any help would be appreciated. Worked fine in Win 7.

KiloOne, Jun 22, 2016
  5. Adalwar Win User
    Hi,
    SendKeys is Blocked in W10. In W8.1 it still works.
    There are other anoying things, like not allowing App to Read or Wright to Drive C. The "file" is there but W10 "hides" it or simply not allowing to access it.
    There are Netwok problems also, not allowing App to work on LAN environement.
    Well, my opinion is that W10 behaves like Malware to user PC. Useless.

Adalwar, Jun 22, 2016
  6. KiloOne Win User
    Right from the start of my Win 10 experiment I have been discouraged. Took amazing gymnastics to get my right side taskbar setup with my old quicklaunch icons, even had to revert back to a windows color theme just so I could read the taskbar items due to limited taskbar back colors.
    Then, I ran into existing file write issues on ALL my hard drives. That was unbelievable. Not sure I have even corrected all that yet.
    Now, Sendkeys doesn't work, I have written so many sendkeys programs over the years I lost track. There are way more reasons than malware to use sendkeys.
    I am afraid if I go back to Win 7 it will never be the same there, will they put all the file permissions back to the way they were before I installed this Win 10 abortion?

KiloOne, Jun 22, 2016
  7. Adalwar Win User
    "I am afraid if I go back to Win 7 it will never be the same there, will they put all the file permissions back to the way they were before I installed this Win 10 abortion?"
    Well, I can not tell you. But I am convinced all that "lockinng Files, Folders and App" Features are W10 related. If you move back, I bleieve the OS will not be able to do all that "locking Features" that they advertising as "Security".
    In the mean time I have been come acroos with crazy things in W10. There are several Hidden Folders, containing COPIES of Key Files for the Application. Why is W10 doing that? to make Programmers Crazy or what?
    That is the case , for example, of certain files located origanly under "Program Files > Commeon FIles" they beeing copied to a Hidden Folder named "Programm Data" under the Root of C: . That is preventing the App to find its File, because Windows wants to present to the App the file Hidden in Programm Data Folder.
    Also there is a Hidden Folder under "Users" called "VirtualData" which contains a copy of Data Files from an App. When App starts it is woking with the Copy rather than the original. That is all a bull sheet.

Adalwar, Jun 22, 2016
  8. Mystere Win User

You really should learn how UAC works. If you had a deeper understanding of it, you would understand exactly what's going on and why it's doing what it does. As it stands, you comments seem to be coming from a lack of understanding.

Mystere, Jun 22, 2016
  9. Adalwar Win User
    What is there to understand?! There is nothing to undertand. I have been losing Weeks of work to figure out what was BLOCKING my Aplication, including the Network! That "Security" thing is solely based on BLOCKING User´s activity. I even believe that MS is using that "Security" argument to defeat its concurrents.
    I have more than 25 Years on Computing experience, I have University Programming Study, so you have nothing to tell me about.

Adalwar, Jun 22, 2016
  10. Mystere Win User
    Wow.

First of all. The Calculator in Windows 10 is a Universal app, unlike the old calculator. You cannot use SendKeys with it. Nothing you can do will fix that. It has nothing to do with UAC, there simply is no Win32 message passing between Desktop and Universal Apps. Further, Universal apps don't work at all without UAC because they depend on the UAC subsystem to function.

Second of all, some of the stuff you're talking about has very logical reasons for it. For instance, read this:

UAC Architecture

In particular, pay close attention to the Virtualization section.

Finally, Windows does not allow messages to be sent between windows of different privilege. This is to prevent Shatter attacks. It's called User Interface Privilege Isolation.

Shatter attack - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The fact that you don't know ANY of this stuff makes me just shake my head when you sit here yelling about how you know everything, and have nothing to learn. Just amazing.

If you plan to use Windows 10, then i'd suggest giving up on SendKeys. It's not a maintainable solution.

You also don't mention what you're using to do your SendKeys implementation. If you're using .NET (C# or VB.NET) and you aren't trying to send between different privilege contexts, then there is an app.config entry that might help, read the note on the SendKeys class

SendKeys Class (System.Windows.Forms)

Mystere, Jun 23, 2016
  11. shimshom Win User
    shimshom, Jun 23, 2016
  12. Mystere Win User
    I doubt that's legal. Microsoft owns the copyright on the old calculator, and I doubt they've allowed anyone to distribute it like that.

Mystere, Jun 23, 2016
  13. shimshom Win User

It does work very well on the 2 10 pro x64 machines I use and I can't see any legal problems with that

shimshom, Jun 23, 2016
  14. Adalwar Win User
    Hi Mystere,
    Thank you for the info.
    Now I understand why the Calculator is not working, that is a sort of System Wide incompability related to Win32.
    The Real World, that is what am facing and talking about with the OS I was given, it is simply Blocking in Several ways my own App.
    Even the TCP/IP networking gets Blocked.
    For my App to Work I must disable the UAC.
    I am tied down with UAC, what ever I choice, there things in one way or the other Stops work.

What ever MS is thinking and implementing "Security" (UAC, SecurePaths, Virtualization) it turns in Real World that my App is getting Prevented to work and there is no "Security" Reason envolved to prevent it. In the Other side, as I see around, the Real Malware W10 can not Stop it.
    So, now I am questioning the Logical Sense of that Security of just blocking user´s.

W8.1 has a lot of that "Security" things but I can disable them and everything still works.
    So far I can see, W8.1 will be my last Windows Version.

Adalwar, Jun 23, 2016
  15. Mystere Win User
    There are a lot of people like you who refuse to understand that Win32 is slowly going away. It's being migrated to WinRT (ie Universal apps). You're going to need to find other solutions to your problems if you want to work in Windows 10. It's not going away, and Microsoft isn't going to change their mind. Win32 will further and further become less relevant with each new release of Windows 10 (of which another is coming next month).

"What Microsoft is thinking" is the fastest way to transition everyone from Win32 to WinRT, just like they did with Win16 to Win32 (despite the fact there is still some 16 bit apps out there even today).

Microsoft's solution for people that absolutely need compatibility is probably virtual machines in the future. Kind of like XP Mode in Windows vista.

Mystere, Jun 23, 2016
Thema:

1. SendKeys not working on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - SendKeys working

2. Windows 8 pro product key not working for Microsoft 365

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8 pro product key not working for Microsoft 365: Hi, I bough a new laptop and Microsoft is asking me to purchase Microsoft Apps I need to use Word and Excel. I tried my current Windows 8 Pro license but it did not work. Any ideas how I can still use an old license and have access to Word and Excel?ThanksCris...
  3. Windows 8 pro product key not working for Microsoft 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 8 pro product key not working for Microsoft 365: Hi, I bough a new laptop and Microsoft is asking me to purchase Microsoft Apps I need to use Word and Excel. I tried my current Windows 8 Pro license but it did not work. Any ideas how I can still use an old license and have access to Word and Excel?ThanksCris...
  4. I can't factory rest my brothers old work PC!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't factory rest my brothers old work PC!: My brother used to work in sales for a cell phone company. He had a very nice computer that he handed down to me because he's recently changed jobs. I've factory reset a PC once before, but whatever I try with this laptop, it just simply won't work which basically was just...
  5. I can't factory rest my brothers old work PC!

I can't factory rest my brothers old work PC!: My brother used to work in sales for a cell phone company. He had a very nice computer that he handed down to me because he's recently changed jobs. I've factory reset a PC once before, but whatever I try with this laptop, it just simply won't work which basically was just...
  6. I can't factory rest my brothers old work PC!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Onedrive login doesn't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive login doesn't work: My login to onedrive doesn't work. It shows only a white window and the error code 0x8004de44OS system: Windows 10 22H2One drive updatedsolution with powershell didn't work...
  8. Onedrive login doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive login doesn't work: My login to onedrive doesn't work. It shows only a white window and the error code 0x8004de44OS system: Windows 10 22H2One drive updatedsolution with powershell didn't work...
  9. Onedrive login doesn't work

10. the touchpad and built-in keyboard only work in BIOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    the touchpad and built-in keyboard only work in BIOS: Hello. I have a vivobook flip tp412fa laptop. For some time now, the touchpad and built-in keyboard have stopped responding and only work in BIOS mode, the touchscreen works without any problems. The devices are visible in the device manager without any errors, when turning...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. vba sendkeys not working windows 10

2. SendKeys {Enter} win 10

3. sendkeys enter vbs not working

4. sendkeys not working in win 10,
  5. WINDOWS 10 SENDKEYS NOT WORKING,
  6. sendkeys w10 FILEERRORS.COM,
  7. vbscript sendkeys not working in windows 01,
  8. sendkeys are not working in windows 10,
  9. vb.net sendkeys stop working windows update,
  10. windows send key not working,
  11. vb.net sendkeys stop working windows 10 1903,