Windows 10: Sensitive pointer

Discus and support Sensitive pointer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When using the touchpad the pointer seems to be overly sensitive. I can pass the pointer over a link or page arrow in Edge and it will open or change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 4huskers, Jul 20, 2017.

1. 4huskers Win User

Sensitive pointer

When using the touchpad the pointer seems to be overly sensitive. I can pass the pointer over a link or page arrow in Edge and it will open or change the page quite often. It doesn't seem to do it when I use the wireless mouse I've this laptop a short time and still trying to figure everything out; is there a way to lower the sensitivity?

:)

4huskers, Jul 20, 2017

2. Mouse movement of the cursor when using the mouse has become very sensitive

The issue is likely with Synaptics drivers for your touchpad. Try adjusting the pointer sensitivity, which you should be able to find in Start > Settings > Devices > Touchpad

Browse through the settings to adjust mouse speed and sensitivity.

Andre Da Costa, Jul 20, 2017
  3. touchpad sensitivity

Hi Joobster,

When you mean Touchpad sensitivity, are you referring to the pointer speed of your touchpad? Or are you referring to the touch/pressure sensitivity of your touchpad whenever to press your fingers on your touchpad?

If you are referring to the pointer speed, you may follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type "main.cpl" and hit enter.
    • Click Pointer Options.
    • Under Motion, select the pointer speed you wanted for your touchpad.

Sensitive pointer [​IMG]

Regarding the Touch/pressure sensitivity, then you will need to contact your PC manufacturer to assist you on installing the right drivers for your touchpad.

Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Jul 20, 2017
  4. pepanee Win User

Sensitive pointer

Search for, and open, this on your computer.
    Try messing around with the pointer speed. Change the slider, press Apply, then move the mouse around.

Sensitive pointer [​IMG]

pepanee, Jul 20, 2017
  5. 4huskers Win User
    Thank you. I knew it was there somewhere, wasn't sure where to look.

4huskers, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Sensitive pointer

1. Sensitive pointer - Similar Threads - Sensitive pointer

2. Because you're accessing sensitive info, you need to verify your password. but it's asking...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Because you're accessing sensitive info, you need to verify your password. but it's asking...: The problem is on my computer it says "Because you're accessing sensitive info, you need to verify your password." and states the email the pin will be sent to is "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" which is definitely not my email or what the account is linked...
  3. Because you're accessing sensitive info, you need to verify your password. but it's asking...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Because you're accessing sensitive info, you need to verify your password. but it's asking...: The problem is on my computer it says "Because you're accessing sensitive info, you need to verify your password." and states the email the pin will be sent to is "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" which is definitely not my email or what the account is linked...
  4. Because you're accessing sensitive info, you need to verify your password. but it's asking...

5. windows pointer speed affect games sensitivity

windows pointer speed affect games sensitivity: hello. i have a question, does the windows pointer speed affect in-game sensitivity or only the the DPI does? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-pointer-speed-affect-games-sensitivity/e16dbbfe-a648-42a1-9780-d70f997d1883
  6. windows pointer speed affect games sensitivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows pointer speed affect games sensitivity: hello. i have a question, does the windows pointer speed affect in-game sensitivity or only the the DPI does? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-pointer-speed-affect-games-sensitivity/e16dbbfe-a648-42a1-9780-d70f997d1883
  7. Laptop pointer highs up sensitivity then stops, then turns normal, then repeats

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop pointer highs up sensitivity then stops, then turns normal, then repeats: My laptop's pointer increased sensitivity all of a sudden then does not respond to the touchpad, then turns normal, then repeats. What should I do to avoid this?...
  8. Laptop pointer highs up sensitivity then stops, then turns normal, then repeats

Laptop pointer highs up sensitivity then stops, then turns normal, then repeats: My laptop's pointer increased sensitivity all of a sudden then does not respond to the touchpad, then turns normal, then repeats. What should I do to avoid this?...
  9. Laptop pointer highs up sensitivity then stops, then turns normal, then repeats

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Laptop pointer too sensitive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop pointer too sensitive: The pointer on my Asus laptop suddenly became overly sensitive today. I changed the setting to the lowest sensitivity, but the pointer is still way too sensitive. I makes unselected windows come up constantly. Running Windows 10. Is there a fix for this ? Help will be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sensitive pointer