Windows 10: Separate SSD for virtual memory shows stable at 88 GB in use. Working?

Discus and support Separate SSD for virtual memory shows stable at 88 GB in use. Working? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've just gotten a new desktop computer and am battling my way through Win 10. It has an Asus X99 Deluxe II board, an i7 6850 3.6, 32 GB DDR4 2400 ram,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mlg, Feb 22, 2017.

1. MLG
    mlg Win User

Separate SSD for virtual memory shows stable at 88 GB in use. Working?

I've just gotten a new desktop computer and am battling my way through Win 10. It has an Asus X99 Deluxe II board, an i7 6850 3.6, 32 GB DDR4 2400 ram, anEVGA GeForce GTX 1080, 8 GB. I have a 2 tb ssd for drive C, a WD 4 tb red partitioned into two drives, another 2 tb ssd for photo storage etc. I chose this because I do a lot of photo editing and am often using PS and LR and something else at the same time. I had a few smaller SATA 6 ssds from my old machine which were under a year old. I used one to create a separate scratch disk for photo editing programs.

I used another, a 128 GB Samsung, for virtual memory. I set windows to ONLY use this drive for virtual memory and since there's 128 GB, I set total paging file size to 90000 MB. When looking at the drive in My Computer, the green bar is filled to about 80% and seems to stay the same. It is reported as "23.7 GB free of 111 GB" and this too seems to stay the same. I don't know whether the approx 80 GB reported used actually has data on it or whether it is reported used because it has been allocated? If allocated, that's fine - but I want to be sure it's working properly because even with all the above resources the Adobe editing programs are not as responsive as I was expecting - or maybe dreaming *Smile

Would appreciate thoughts on how I set this up and whether it seems optimal. Also - how do I determine whether the paging file is functioning properly?

Thanks.

:)

2. Error: Low Virtual Memory on Windows 10, How much virtual memory should I program?

Hi, I have a HP Pavilion x360 4.0 GB Ram Windows 8.1 64-bit upgraded to Windows 10 and Virtual Memory window constantly shows up telling me I am low on V.M. My PC shows that Memory is using 1.7/3.9 GB (44%). Is this Virtual Memory or a different Memory?
    How do I change size of Virtual Memory for my PC? Thanks

ClaireF_979, Feb 22, 2017
  3. Virtual memory problem

My system disk is a 256GB SSD.

I use a 128 GB SSD (drive letter ASeparate SSD for virtual memory shows stable at 88 GB in use. Working? :) for temporary files incl. Virtual memory.

I have 8GBmemory.

I specified a virtual memory size of 4096 to 8192 MBs on A: and none on any other drives.

On booting I get a message, that Windows has a problem with the virtual memory and creates one of its own, size 1053 MB.

when I check the Virtual Memory allocation in the spec panel, it is as I specified it, but the Pagefile.sys is on the C: drive instead of on A:‼

This is annoying, because after each major change to C: I make 2 backup copies (clones), where the Pagefile and swapfile get also copied, which wastes space and time (This waste applies to the hybernate.sys file too, but I see that it must be on CSeparate SSD for virtual memory shows stable at 88 GB in use. Working? :)

Martin-Stephan C.A.M.de Rakovszky, Feb 22, 2017
Thema:

Separate SSD for virtual memory shows stable at 88 GB in use. Working?

1. Separate SSD for virtual memory shows stable at 88 GB in use. Working? - Similar Threads - Separate SSD virtual

2. After changing virtual memory on my SSD, it doesnt show up at all.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After changing virtual memory on my SSD, it doesnt show up at all.: I recently was told to change my virtual memory on my SSD drive to 16000MB. After doing so I restarted my pc and now my file manager and disk managment only show my HDD and my SSD has disappeared. My HDD has windows on it but EVERYTHING else is on my SSD. I cant find a...
  3. After changing virtual memory on my SSD, it doesnt show up at all.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After changing virtual memory on my SSD, it doesnt show up at all.: I recently was told to change my virtual memory on my SSD drive to 16000MB. After doing so I restarted my pc and now my file manager and disk managment only show my HDD and my SSD has disappeared. My HDD has windows on it but EVERYTHING else is on my SSD. I cant find a...
  4. After changing virtual memory on my SSD, it doesnt show up at all.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Virtual memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual memory: Hello all hope every one is having a good Day/Night I have a Asus IntelR CoreTM i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz with 24 gig of ram With a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 TiI Play Games mostly on my pc like The Witcher series, Fallout series, Borderlands Series & Red Dead Redemption 2 ....
  6. Virtual Memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Virtual Memory: I have a SSD 128gb and 1TB HDD.Should i set more VM on HDD does it make the pc run better or should i check the AUTOMATICALLY MANAGE PAGING FILE FOR ALL DRIVES Currently, i set Virtual memory like this :...
  7. dwm using 5 gb of memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dwm using 5 gb of memory: i dont know how to fix thisignore firefox processat idle with nothing open i use 70% of ram just from dwmnothing appears on task manager so i have to see it on process hacker...
  8. MoUSO uses 16 GB memory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MoUSO uses 16 GB memory: Should I do something? I feel that the memory usage is too high.MoUSO uses 16 GB memory even if processor usage is below 2%, most of the time 0%.OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 ProOS Version: 10.0.19041 N/A Build 19041...
  9. Windows 10 shows 512 Gb SSD disk as 256 Gb

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 shows 512 Gb SSD disk as 256 Gb: I have a Lenovo laptop with SanDisk 512 Gb SSD that came with preinstalled Windows 10 Pro. The disk P/N as shown by both the Lenovo utility and Device Manager corresponds to the 512 Gb model. The Lenovo utility and diskpart show the disk as having 512 Gb capacity well,...
  10. Virtual memory

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virtual memory: Hi guys, I'm trying to clear up some space on my SSD to install some games and I've noticed that my virtual memory is taking up 244GB !! I feel like this is highly irregular as all I can find online is about upping the virtual memory size. I'd like to reduce this, but I'm not...