Windows 10: Separate task bar & window colours?

Discus and support Separate task bar & window colours? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; OK, so I have installed Win10 (9926) from the ISO image, and managed to customise it a bit, but there are still some annoyances, like... ... the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Fenestrix, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Fenestrix Win User

Separate task bar & window colours?

OK, so I have installed Win10 (9926) from the ISO image, and managed to customise it a bit, but there are still some annoyances, like...

... the taskbar colour (thankfully opaque in Win10) and the windows title bar colours are always the same. I hate that. Why can I not set them separately? In good old XP, which I used until I had to migrate to Win7 last year, I could set colours of all sorts of areas separately and independently of each other. I never bothered with Win8 apart from a week or two with the review edition, which put me off it for good.

If the colour selection is truly thus limited, this is a MAJOR step backwards from the user-friendliness of XP. Have I missed a setting somewhere? Even W95 was more flexible, and that was 20 years ago!

By the way, is there a way of thickening the window frames so that they are actually visible without a magnifying glass?

I suppose there is no way of having nicely rounded window corners, like XP or W7?

:)

Fenestrix, Jan 25, 2015
  2. RBobby Win User

Win10Pro: Quick Launch toolbar is in the wrong place. Any way to move it to the left end of the toolbar?

There's a missing step in your method, and there's important
    visible feedback missing
    from the process.

The separator line on the far left can be moved, even though there's no visible feedback that it's actually moving.

To do what I want, I first moved the separator between the Task Bar and the Quick Launch tool bar as far to the left as it will go, squeezing the Task Bar into a small space on the left.

The missing step is to then grab the separator that's to the left of the squashed Task Bar and drag it to the right of the Quick Launch tool bar.

As soon as the image of the separator passes to the right of the Task Bar, the Task Bar will expand to normal size, and to the right of the Quick Launch bar.

The Task Bar, Quick Launch and notification area are now in their proper places and should no longer interfere with one another.

RBobby, Jan 25, 2015
  3. How do I get my four e-mail accounts on to one screen?

I receive e-mails on WebMail, iCloud, Gmail and Outlook.

They are all separate on my Task Bar.

Can I get them all on to one screen?

AlanWilmot, Jan 25, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

I found this code that rdwray posted over at W8F and applied it to 9926.
    Surprisingly, it works well and looks real nice, so far. Still fiddling with it.
    Kind of a combination of a lot of different Windows versions elements, and a bunch of nice elements from W8.1!
    (example: borders; yes I liked borders!) *Wink

Separate task bar & window colours? [​IMG]

Edwin, Mar 5, 2015
  5. begem0t Win User
    Check this.
    It may work a little bit different, depending on which build you use.

begem0t, May 17, 2015
  6. Edwin New Member
    *Thumbs

Works very well especially if you want to make the taskbar match the menu color.

Edwin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Separate task bar & window colours? - Similar Threads - Separate task bar

2. Windows 11 Task Bar - Inability to Display Files Separately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Task Bar - Inability to Display Files Separately: Hi, I have a windows 11 taskbar-view question.A function in windows 10 that I leveraged was the ability to display files and windows within an app on the taskbar. i.e., if I had a couple of Excel and/or PowerPoint files open, and with multiple windows open in each, I had it...
  3. Windows 11 Task Bar - Inability to Display Files Separately

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Task Bar - Inability to Display Files Separately: Hi, I have a windows 11 taskbar-view question.A function in windows 10 that I leveraged was the ability to display files and windows within an app on the taskbar. i.e., if I had a couple of Excel and/or PowerPoint files open, and with multiple windows open in each, I had it...
  4. Changing colours of the Task Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing colours of the Task Bar: I am trying to change the colour of my Taskbar etc but when I am on the Personalize/Colors screen the Start, taskbar, and action center" check box is gray which indicates that I can not check this box. What setting is controlling this check box?,...
  5. Unable to choose the option of auto task bar colour

Unable to choose the option of auto task bar colour: Hi, Previously i was able to put the adaptive colours as per the background on task bar and windows start menu in light theme only but when i was doing it today then i am unable to tick the box not tickable. but I am able to do it in Black theme and Custom theme. Is there...
  6. Separate login UI colour from accent colour?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Separate login UI colour from accent colour?: I've set my accent colour to red but this means that the 'logging in' and 'shutting down' screens are the same colour and I hate it. I want them to be black whilst still keeping my Desktop theme and accent colour red. Is this possible via registry editing? Thanks in advance...
  7. windows task bar colour change

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows task bar colour change: I want to change windows task bar colour, when im changing all folders colours also changing.. . I want to change task bar colour only, Pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-task-bar-colour-change/3031cbcd-3790-48f8-bb83-f6f0b5024daf
  8. task bar colour

task bar colour: The colour of my task bar has changed to grey and I can't get it back to black. 140956
  9. Colour change on Task Bar.

Colour change on Task Bar.: I updated my windows 10 yesterday and now my task bar has gone back to the 1990! I have googled instructions on how to change it but my Start, taskbar, and action center is not clickable. Any help apreciated. Thank you. [ATTACH]...
  10. Changing the task bar accent colour

Changing the task bar accent colour: After updating to build 1903, I'm trying to change the accent colour for the taskbar. There are 2 options under "Show the accent colour on the following surfaces". I can select the "Title bars and window borders" option OK but the "Start, taskbar and action centre" option...