Windows 10: Separating two headphones volume settings

Discus and support Separating two headphones volume settings in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have two sets of different headphones and I use them separately throughout the day. Unplug one, plug the other one. Now, they play the same sounds at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Yamiko_Hikari, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Separating two headphones volume settings

I have two sets of different headphones and I use them separately throughout the day. Unplug one, plug the other one. Now, they play the same sounds at different volume and I understand why that happens, but that's quite uncomfortable. In volume mixer there is only one slider for headphones, so I have to change it everytime I change my headset. Is there a way to make a separate slider for each headset?

:)

Yamiko_Hikari, Jul 17, 2018

2. Volumes for headphones and speakers are separate

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the below:

1. Are you changing the volume on headphone or from the sound icon in the taskbar of the system?

2. How are you trying to change the speaker volume?

I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Also try to download and install the latest chipset and Sound drivers from the manufacturer website and install the same.

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Jul 17, 2018
  3. Headphone and Speaker volume Windows 10

How to separate the volume of speaker and headphone phone volume. I am using Realtek High Definition Audio. My headphone is not in the sound list.

Microsoft account user, Jul 17, 2018
  4. farby Win User

Separating two headphones volume settings

separate setting for ringer volume and media volume?

There is NO separate volume setting .. You may add your Vote
    HERE

farby, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

Separating two headphones volume settings

1. Separating two headphones volume settings - Similar Threads - Separating headphones volume

2. Using two separate microphones with different settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using two separate microphones with different settings?: I have my Shure SM7B and a Logiteh C920. Sometimes, I will want to make the C920 microphone as bad as I can possibly make it I think it would be pretty funny in a call with friends, but I want my Shure to stay with its default settings. I have a stream deck that I can use to...
  3. Using two separate microphones with different settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using two separate microphones with different settings?: I have my Shure SM7B and a Logiteh C920. Sometimes, I will want to make the C920 microphone as bad as I can possibly make it I think it would be pretty funny in a call with friends, but I want my Shure to stay with its default settings. I have a stream deck that I can use to...
  4. TWO SEPARATE BROWSERS ON TWO SEPARATE SCREENS 1 LAPTOP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TWO SEPARATE BROWSERS ON TWO SEPARATE SCREENS 1 LAPTOP: Hi guys, I have managed to duplicate and project my browser from my laptop to a different screen clicking on the Windows and P buttons however I am trying to have a different browser opened on each screen, which I am struggling to achieve. Please could one of you kind folks...
  5. TWO SEPARATE BROWSERS ON TWO SEPARATE SCREENS 1 LAPTOP

TWO SEPARATE BROWSERS ON TWO SEPARATE SCREENS 1 LAPTOP: Hi guys, I have managed to duplicate and project my browser from my laptop to a different screen clicking on the Windows and P buttons however I am trying to have a different browser opened on each screen, which I am struggling to achieve. Please could one of you kind folks...
  6. TWO SEPARATE BROWSERS ON TWO SEPARATE SCREENS 1 LAPTOP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Two Volumes??

Two Volumes??: HiI seem to have 2 identical volumes, whats the best way to remoce one?taLouis https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-volumes/10b55665-3e5b-4da7-8415-bf3efc5d55b3
  8. Two Volumes??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Two Volumes??: HiI seem to have 2 identical volumes, whats the best way to remoce one?taLouis https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-volumes/10b55665-3e5b-4da7-8415-bf3efc5d55b3
  9. Use separate sound volume for speakers and headphones on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Use separate sound volume for speakers and headphones on Windows 10: Something that will also allow sound to stay silent if I previously set speakers volume to silent, but volume for headphone to 100%. I have integrated realtek audio card in lenovo laptop. I have already tried realtek app advanced settings, there is no separate setting for my...
  10. Separate Headphone Profiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Separate Headphone Profiles: I (like many people) am working from home and I'm using my personal rig to do it. I've set up another account on the computer to keep most of the work-related stuff separated. The one issue I'm having is headphones. I have a set of USB headphones with a mic for work and a...