Windows 10: September 2015 OS Marketshare

Discus and support September 2015 OS Marketshare in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; I wouldn't think Microsoft is overly excited about these numbers. I would love to know what their internal monthly predictions were. [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by gator2013, Oct 1, 2015.

1. gator2013 Win User

September 2015 OS Marketshare

gator2013, Oct 1, 2015

2. Will windows 8 phones last?

is it really gaining marketshare?

Dude, really!!? Do you ever use google or bing to do an actual re-search about the OS and device you got, to learn about it more and more? Or you just pop in here and ask one stupid question after another?

WP8 is the newest major mobile OS in the market and the youngest. There are 3 major mobile OS's that holds the worlds marketshare, Android, iOS and WP, and WP is gaining marketshare with every passed month. WP8 or generally Windows Phone as an OS will stick
    around for many years and will gain more and more marketshare, so you are good so far and enjoy your WP device, cuz i know i enjoy mine as well and lovin' it every day.

Cheers!

BorisNevermorE, Oct 1, 2015
  3. Deluxeea Win User
    Laptop not working

1. I'd say around August or September 2015.

2. No.

3. Version 1607 and OS Build 14393.576.

Thank you.

Deluxeea, Oct 1, 2015
  4. September 2015 OS Marketshare

Really? That much Vista use dropped right off? And more people shifted to Windows 8 rather than Windows 8.1?
    *Smile

Jody Thornton, Oct 1, 2015
  5. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Not sure why they wouldn't be, it would appear that they still have what would be considered total control over the OS market. Also you could project that Windows 10 in the future will be the OS of choice. . .*Smile

6. I wouldn't have thought there was enough Vista users worldwide to lose that amount. I was also surprise that anyone would revert from Windows 8.1 to 8 Classic. *Smile

Jody Thornton, Oct 18, 2015
  7. windoz Win User
    The changes in the 8 & 8.1 numbers are likely due to retailers dumping old hardware inventory loaded with 8 at fire sale prices. People are jumping all over it, knowing that an upgrade is free. Machines with 8 are substantially cheaper than 8.1 machines, even with all else being equal. Certainly some deals out there!

And then, on top of that, many are trying to wait a few weeks or months for the upgrade, so that MS can hopefully get more of the bugs worked out.
    Just My $.02,
    Gene

windoz, Oct 19, 2015
  8. Fafhrd Win User

Vista has dropped a point or two to fall behind Linux, which has incrementally gained a little, as has OSX 10.10, to the slight detriment of Windows overall.
    No doubt Windows 10 had gained a few converts and lost some of their presbyterian users, who find the upgrade tactics, and perceived hype unbearable.

Some will have made the upgrade and then reverted in horror, especially if their hardware threw a wobbly with Windows 10

I doubt if MS is overly worried, but knows that Windows 10 Redstone must satisfy the critics within the Windows camp, otherwise the free upgrade year will have been in vain, just allowing a portion of Windows users to legitimize themselves, with the die hards digging in their heels even further.

Fafhrd, Oct 20, 2015
  9. John035 Win User
    Be nice to see them graph total recorded seats by month instead of market share.

John035, Oct 21, 2015
  10. And XP climbed... What?

DustSailor, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. September 2015 OS Marketshare - Similar Threads - September 2015 Marketshare

2. September 26, 2023—KB5030310 OS Build 22621.2361 Preview

in Windows 10 Gaming
    September 26, 2023—KB5030310 OS Build 22621.2361 Preview: Affects desktop icon labels. Cannot remove dropshadow. Uninstalled from WIN Updates but a few hours later it seems to run without me knowing and I get a popup I need to restart and there again is the update installed and dropshadows in my desktop icon labels are back. I have...
  3. September 26, 2023—KB5030310 OS Build 22621.2361 Preview

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    September 26, 2023—KB5030310 OS Build 22621.2361 Preview: Affects desktop icon labels. Cannot remove dropshadow. Uninstalled from WIN Updates but a few hours later it seems to run without me knowing and I get a popup I need to restart and there again is the update installed and dropshadows in my desktop icon labels are back. I have...
  4. Microsoft Solitaire Collection Premium - Cannot access Daily Challenges for September 2015

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection Premium - Cannot access Daily Challenges for September 2015: I have purchased the Premium Microsoft Solitaire Collection for one month and this is supposed give me access to all past Daily Challenges from 2015 to present day, but I cannot access any of the games from September 2015. When I attempt to access that month the app freezes...
  5. September CU, "September 11, 2018—KB4457128 (OS Build 17134.285)" Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    September CU, "September 11, 2018—KB4457128 (OS Build 17134.285)" Problem: When the September CU, "September 11, 2018—KB4457128 (OS Build 17134.285)" installed on my two Windows 10 PCs, I found that one PC had a serious problem. No Windows system window, e.g., "Task Manager" "Uninstall Updates", System tray entities, nor any MS Office apps, would...
  6. Microsoft Security Bulletin(s) for September 8, 2015

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Security Bulletin(s) for September 8, 2015: Microsoft Security Bulletin(s) for September 8, 2015 Note: There may be latency issues due to replication, if the page does not display keep refreshing Today Microsoft released the following Security Bulletin(s). Note: »www.microsoft.com/techne ··· security and...
  7. Windows Store Trends – September 2015

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Store Trends – September 2015: This blog is the latest in a recurring series about recent Store trends across categories, markets, and more. Understanding these trends can help you determine what types of apps to build or where to focus your development efforts. With the launch of the unified Dev Center...
  8. September 8th 2015 Security Update Release Summary for Windows

in Windows 10 News
    September 8th 2015 Security Update Release Summary for Windows: Today we released security updates to provide protections against malicious attackers. As a best practice, we encourage customers to apply security updates as soon as they are released. More information about this month’s security updates and advisories can be found in the...
  9. Office 2016 rumored to launch September 22nd 2015

in Windows 10 News
    Office 2016 rumored to launch September 22nd 2015: Microsoft’s fall season looks to be shaping up quite nicely – we’re expecting significant updates to Windows 10 and Edge, the launch of Windows 10 Mobile, and a whole slew of new hardware including new Windows Phones, a Surface Pro 4, a new Microsoft Band, and more. If the...
  10. Office 2016, rollout begins September 22nd 2015

in Windows 10 News
    Office 2016, rollout begins September 22nd 2015: In March, we announced the Office 2016 IT Pro and Developer Preview. Since then, we’ve been listening to your feedback and continuing to build, refine and improve Office 2016 for Windows. This is a seminal release for Office and one you won’t want to wait to deploy to your...