Windows 10: Series of 4 to 10 Beeps Every 5 minutes in Computer Box

Discus and support Series of 4 to 10 Beeps Every 5 minutes in Computer Box in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A series of 4 to 10 beeps is occurring about 5 minutes apart in my computer box. Ran a diagnostic and according to the results everything checks fine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cheezz, Feb 22, 2018.

1. cheezz Win User

Series of 4 to 10 Beeps Every 5 minutes in Computer Box

A series of 4 to 10 beeps is occurring about 5 minutes apart in my computer box. Ran a diagnostic and according to the results everything checks fine. Any idea what's causing this? TIA

:)

cheezz, Feb 22, 2018
  2. QUICKZHOU Win User

Beeping Sounds on Startup

Upon startup of my Windows 10 All-in-One I hear a series of beeps. It starts with 4 beeps with an interval of about 3 seconds in between each beep. Then it is followed by 4 similar beeps which are a bit shorter and have an interval of about 1 second each.
    This action repeats about 3-5 times, and then my computer starts up normally again. This sometimes happens, and sometimes doesn't but it has happened before, but not as long as it is happening now. Even when I opened my computer 10 minutes ago, it was beeping.
    I heard it had something to do with the hardware, but I'm not really sure. Any ideas? Thanks!

QUICKZHOU, Feb 22, 2018
  3. death caused by handy

it is a new one.

it beeps every i think 5 minutes if i missed a call. this is i think a very good feature, but it helps nothing when the caller spoke on my mailbox cause then i would just recieve a sms that someone spoke on it. and thats just one single beep. so mybe a godd
    idea would be that it would also beep every 5 minutes or so.

medionmedion0, Feb 22, 2018
  4. Berton Win User

Does your Dell show a prompt on the black screen about booting choices? Usually there will be a memory test, suggest you run it. If not possible use memtest86+, downloadable and run within Windows.

Berton, Feb 22, 2018
  5. cheezz Win User
    Ran the HP diagnostics and everything passed. What could be doing this? Thanks for your response. Anyone else have any ideas? Also ran a virus scan but nothing found. TIA

cheezz, Feb 23, 2018
  6. Berton Win User
    Didn't know you have an HP, your My Computer shows a Dell.

Berton, Feb 23, 2018
  7. cheezz Win User
    My bad. It is Dell 8300 xps. Thanks

cheezz, Feb 23, 2018
  8. spunk Win User

spunk, Feb 23, 2018
  9. kato181 Win User
    sounds like a video card is faulty..if you get 4 beeps on boot up then it's the video card that is the problem.

kato181, Feb 23, 2018
  10. Stephanie Win User
    You can test your Ram with Windows 10

In RUN (Win Key + R) type mdsched.exe press Enter and you will see >

*Smile

Stephanie, Feb 23, 2018
  11. cheezz Win User
    Cooling fans are clean but the cpu ribs (right below the fan) had accumulated some lint cause I have ignored it during cleaning. All is good now. Thanks for all of those who responded.

cheezz, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Series of 4 to 10 Beeps Every 5 minutes in Computer Box - Similar Threads - Series Beeps Every

2. Computer keeps bluescreening every 5 minutes, at a loss.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps bluescreening every 5 minutes, at a loss.: I've tried everything from resetting, downgrading, upgrading drivers and windows, wiping my entire drive, but some things still persist when it type them in the windows thingI've gotten a multitude of error messages, with one of them being "memory_management"I'm not sure how...
  3. Computer keeps bluescreening every 5 minutes, at a loss.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer keeps bluescreening every 5 minutes, at a loss.: I've tried everything from resetting, downgrading, upgrading drivers and windows, wiping my entire drive, but some things still persist when it type them in the windows thingI've gotten a multitude of error messages, with one of them being "memory_management"I'm not sure how...
  4. Computer keeps bluescreening every 5 minutes, at a loss.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer Beeps every ten minutes after experiencing a power outage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Beeps every ten minutes after experiencing a power outage: About three days ago we experienced a power outage and after the power returned one of our computers beeps every ten minutes. The beeping is driving everyone in the office crazy and I can't figure out how to stop it. There is no help from Microsoft because they no longer...
  6. BSOD every 5 minutes

BSOD every 5 minutes: ***moved on english forum*** Hello guys, I really need your support there, my PC crashes every 5 minutes with BSOD, ive done A LOT OF TEST, tested all my componant, all is good. New new Windows, all driver ok etc... etc... Here is my minidump crash link :...
  7. WiFi Disconnecting Every 5-10 Minutes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi Disconnecting Every 5-10 Minutes: Hello- I have a Dell G7 laptop with windows 10 installed. When I am on my home wireless network, my computer disconnects itself from the network every 5-10 minutes. I have troubleshooted this problem and tried many methods of fixing it. When I do trouble shoot, I always get...
  8. Windows beeps every 5 minutes

Windows beeps every 5 minutes: HP desktop with Windows 10. Recently added SSD and moved Windows to it. Computer seems to be running fine, but every 5 minutes exactly, I get this beeping sound: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnLMwhu33RN2hqxIC33iPYgAdBMM_Q No idea what's causing it. All the diagnostics I've run...
  9. Crashing every 5 - 10 minutes

Crashing every 5 - 10 minutes: Can someone help me scan this debug? I'm crashing too often to make much progress. So far I've seen memory fault exception and security kernel BSODs. Edit: And a system service exception just now. + PFN list corrupt 38741
  10. Windows 10 restarts every 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 restarts every 5 minutes: Currently using a 2007 Alienware went from windows vista to windows 10 32bit and change the processor core 2 duo 2.33ghz to core 2 extreme 3.0 ghz motherboard xfx nforce 680i sli graphics card geforce 480 gtx 6gb ram installed a 1tb hard drive I'm not sure how to fix...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 beeping every 5 minutes

2. pc beeping every 5 minutes

3. serie of beeps windows 10

4. 6 beeps every 5 minutes,
  5. hp computer 4 beeps every 5 mins