Windows 10: Serious Issue: All Text in Windows Explorer Disappears?

Discus and support Serious Issue: All Text in Windows Explorer Disappears? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys, This has only had to me 3 times in the past 12 months or so, but it's very concerning when it does happen. What happens is all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NiceAndShy, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Serious Issue: All Text in Windows Explorer Disappears?

Hey guys,

This has only had to me 3 times in the past 12 months or so, but it's very concerning when it does happen.

What happens is all the text in Windows Explorer will disappear and nothing is readable.

I've always been able to fix the problem by doing a restart, but it'd be great if I could prevent it from happening.

My Windows 10 PC is fully updated.

Thanks!

:)

NiceAndShy, Jan 3, 2018

2. Serious issue with Text messaging

I am a bit confused here: you have sent something on your desktop, and you blame your phone??

Jaap

Jaap van Ekris, Jan 3, 2018
  3. buster554 Win User
    Serious issue with Text messaging

I have a Treo700w and verizon. Twice in the past 2 weeks each of my sons have received emails stored in my aol saved messages on my computer. I sent them a text and attached to the text they each got an email sent to me back in Jan. 2008 of a very sensitive
    nature(2 different ones) that I have saved in the Aol saved file. Has anyone heard of such a thing? I called Verizon and after being transferred numerous times someone calls me back and says its a windows mobile issue and they know about it. I asked them what
    they are going to do about it and they said I need to get rid of windows mobile and offered me a $50.00 credit towards a palm. I cannot find anywhere on this Windows mobile site any contact info to speak to someone. I am desparate because they told me this
    will happen randomly at any time. Why isn't anyone addressing this?

buster554, Jan 3, 2018
  4. Serious Issue: All Text in Windows Explorer Disappears?

Please restore Windows default font settings from Control Panel --> Fonts -->Font settings and click Restore default font settings.
    Restart your computer.

FreeBooter, Jan 3, 2018
  5. philc43 Win User
    Did you change the default colour scheme for the text and backgrounds? Perhaps you can show us a screenshot of what you have.

philc43, Jan 3, 2018
  6. Thanks!

Is it possible for me to see what my fonts will look like before I restart?

NiceAndShy, Jan 5, 2018
  7. The font on Windows 10 is called Segoe UI, and if you don't like it, you can use this below, which will walk you through the steps to modify the registry to change the default system font on your computer.

*Arrow Change Default System Font in Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

FreeBooter, Jan 5, 2018
  8. vram Win User

Serious Issue: All Text in Windows Explorer Disappears?

Can’t say I’ve run into that one. Other than resetting font settings as previously mentioned, run system file checker by opening CMD prompt and typing “sfc /scannow” Also make sure gfx drivers are up to date.

vram, Jan 5, 2018
  9. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Try the simplest things first -- is Video connection between computer and monitor decent --i.e if using HDMI cable is it properly plugged in.
    If using separate graphics / gaming card -- has it come slightly loose. Are keyboard and mouse connected properly.

If these are OK then try booting the stand alone version of Macrium restore -- you should see immediately from that if your video / keyboard are working properly. In not then you know it's a video problem - otherwise it's Windows.

If it's a windows problem restore from a previous backup -- you should always have REGULAR backups of the OS --programs like Macrium are excellent and FREE -- no excuse not to have backups. Keep Windows OS in it's own partition if you've only 1 HDD otherwise keep on separate HDD / SSD.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Serious Issue: All Text in Windows Explorer Disappears?

1. Serious Issue: All Text in Windows Explorer Disappears? - Similar Threads - Serious Issue Text

2. Text disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text disappeared: So I added text to the bottom of all my home videos so as you watch them you can see the dates in the corner now a year or do later all the text are missing on all my videos what happend and how do I fix it thank you for any help...
  3. Serious Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Serious Issue: Hi,I was trying to reset my PC yesterday but it got stuck at 39% for over 2 hours, then the power got cutted off. After I re-charged my PC, it showed me option to choose operating system for 2 times and later it restarted and got stucked in blinking page. Now it just turns on...
  4. Serious Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Serious Issue: Hi,I was trying to reset my PC yesterday but it got stuck at 39% for over 2 hours, then the power got cutted off. After I re-charged my PC, it showed me option to choose operating system for 2 times and later it restarted and got stucked in blinking page. Now it just turns on...
  5. Serious Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. disappearing text

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    disappearing text: The text on my screen intermittently comes and goes, on web sites. Not a problem on Microsoft office applications and only on some websites, like LInkedin. I have tried clearly all cookies and caches from browser. [ATTACH]...
  7. ALL Thumbnails disappear in Windows Explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ALL Thumbnails disappear in Windows Explorer?: I've searched all across the internet for this and all I see is photo thumbnails disappearing, but this case is different. Almost ALL of the thumbnails have disappeared including program icons, videos, images, music, zip files, etc. except for folders and turned into "file"...
  8. All text disappears after restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All text disappears after restart: Hi, I have strange problem with win10 and I think it happend after some update. All text keeps dissapearing not only text from all kind of menus, desktop icons, try panel but also text in any terminal cmd or powershell. Strange thing is when I logout I have to press win+x...
  9. Serious graphical issues with Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Serious graphical issues with Windows Explorer: Basically my start bar icons keep duplicating themselves and appearing in odd places along the taskbar. This extendes to the clock icons appearing glitchy partially covering up my 5 icons i have docked. In addition to this when I hover over said icons then disapear until they...
  10. Text Disappearing All Over Windows Randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Text Disappearing All Over Windows Randomly: Hello all, Ive got a weird issue here. More often than not, when I log onto Windows on my laptop, my desktop icons are missing text. It is not limited to just the icons though. Context menus are all missing text as well, along with everything when I open Windows explorer....