Windows 10: Serious problems files and URL sites

Discus and support Serious problems files and URL sites in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 64 bit OS. When I try to open photos, I get a window that reads "Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kenward42, Jan 14, 2017.

1. kenward42 Win User

Serious problems files and URL sites

I am using Windows 10 64 bit OS. When I try to open photos, I get a window that reads "Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion". When I attempt to open a URL from an email, I get a window that reads "invalided value for registry. I had purchased a new Dell Laptop that had similar problems on which a Dell technician reset Windows operating system six times, and I reset it five times on my own, but the problem persisted. I finally sent the computer back to Dell in Texas, per their request to see if they can resolve the problem with that computer. But the problem that I have explained above exists on my wife's laptop that I am using until the Dell computer is returned. My personal opinion is that the Windows 10 operating system is a pile of crap. I have reset Windows 10 on this computer three times, without the problem being resolved.

:)

kenward42, Jan 14, 2017
  2. JAG77 Win User

Microsoft Edge - Malicous Page will not close

On 31 Dec 2015 this problem manifested again. I visited a psychology forum site and when attempting to close the site a dialog blacked out the entire screen and displays:

This site says...

There is a new Flash player version. Install new version now for better performance.

No, I will never click into such a link. However, it has everything else blacked out. Edge cannot be closed. As before after forcibly closing, on restart, it goes back to this same page. Yes there are procedures that can correct the problem. But the
    fact that this problem exists is a serious problem.

I cannot highlight the URL line to paste it in so the problem can be researched. This is a serious defect in Edge.

To be explicitly redundant:

The problem still exists.

JAG77, Jan 14, 2017
  3. How to restore a lost file in Windows 10

Hi,

I have started the computer several times and checked the actual location of the file.I also have the option turned on to see the hidden files and haven't seen the file yet.When I search the Microsoft site, I saw many postings having problem with files disappearing,
    I am NOT sure if Windows 10 have a serious problem devouring files or

these are just isolated incidents.

Thanks Joe

JoeMartino, Jan 14, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

- how are you trying to open them?
    Are you
    a. double clicking on a file
    b. opening a program (which) and browsing to a file and trying to open it

Which image file type are you concerned about?
    (jpg, bmp, gif, png.....)

Please post a screenshot like this to show the file type you are concerned about - (here mine are associated with Arcsoft Photo+ which I have installed)

Serious problems files and URL sites [​IMG]

Of course you're entitled to your opinion, and your experience has been frustrating. But it is an unusual one.

Given you are experiencing the same with both PCs this suggests a similar cause.
    Are you syncing settings between the PCs? Or have you installed the same programs on both?

dalchina, Jan 14, 2017
Thema:

1. Serious problems files and URL sites - Similar Threads - Serious problems files

2. URLs not opening in the web app version of the site

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    URLs not opening in the web app version of the site: I was reading an article about an Edge experiment from years ago that I thought would be working by now. I have a ticketing system that runs Ina browser. And we have a ERP system that has links to tickets. When we click on these links it opens a new tab. For our ticketing...
  3. Unable to browse any Microsoft site URL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to browse any Microsoft site URL: Hi,I have a Dell Latitude 5590 with service tag: CJ2JZQ2 Laptop.The issue is; I can't browse any Microsoft site URL, Microsoft Store or any Microsoft related links.Every other site or link is working properly.Previously I had windows 10 insatalled on my PC and because of this...
  4. A serious problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A serious problem: My laptop is switched on but then my screen is still black and I don’t know what is happening Can someone help me with any solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-serious-problem/67266ddc-8d99-482a-a25e-35132fd90fa3
  5. A serious problem

A serious problem: My laptop is switched on but then my screen is still black and I don’t know what is happening Can someone help me with any solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-serious-problem/67266ddc-8d99-482a-a25e-35132fd90fa3
  6. A serious problem

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. .url problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .url problem: when i try to open a game like CS:GO i cant open it directly i have to open steam first and if i open other game it sends me to the CS:GO page not that game's page . If i didn't formulate the sentence correctly please ask me so i can describe it beater...
  8. .url files

.url files: so for apps like steam, to open games on the desktop, the file is a .url file. i have the latest version of windows insider build, and it just will not open. how do i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/url-files/c9e99cac-8564-4868-bbe0-3ced22fe6671
  9. .url file problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .url file problem: this all started when I was trying to play some steam games and I must have selected open with note pad instead. I went to the properties of one of my games and changed the opens with setting to steam client bootstrapper because it is the only steam related option I could...
  10. Problem with URL

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with URL: I'm getting an error when I try to follow a URL. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/problem-with-url/b1d1063f-02e4-4ba3-9749-d24be0cc3a97