Windows 10: Serious Question: How To Record Sound?

Discus and support Serious Question: How To Record Sound? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Sorry to be creating a thread, but I need some help from the knowledgeable I.T experts here! I have a song here that plays within an app on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NiceAndShy, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Serious Question: How To Record Sound?

Sorry to be creating a thread, but I need some help from the knowledgeable I.T experts here!

I have a song here that plays within an app on my Windows 10 PC.

However, I want to create an .MP3 file of this song so I can play it in Windows Media Player on my PC.

How can I do this?

Thank you!

:)

NiceAndShy, Feb 21, 2017

2. Serious Question

Hello, can i upgrade Windows 10 32bit to Windows 10 64bit my proccesor based on 64bit.

If can, tell me how to do it? Serious Question: How To Record Sound? :)

EimantasBuivydas, Feb 21, 2017
  3. dalchina New Member

Serious Question: How To Record Sound?

dalchina, Feb 21, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member
    Another possibility would be to record the source with GameBar, (WinKey+G) and convert it to mp3 online.

Edwin, Feb 21, 2017
  5. Thanks so much for your replies!

Is it possible to do this using an app that's built into Windows 10?

NiceAndShy, Feb 23, 2017
  6. Fafhrd Win User
    Edwin's suggestion is built-in to Windows 10.

Gamebar, which is accessed by the shortcut *Start+G is there to enable recording of windows, sound, video, keystrokes, etc.

Here's Brink's tutorial, which you may find helpful.

Game Bar - Turn On or Off in Windows 10

Fafhrd, Feb 23, 2017
  7. dalchina New Member

Personally I find that incredibly cumbersome... at a glance, don't even know where the recording is stored, and I had to wade through a couple of unobvious screens to get Game bar responding - i.e. you need to follow the tutorial.

That's certainly not intuitive.

dalchina, Feb 23, 2017
  8. Thanks!

I'll give it a try.

NiceAndShy, Feb 23, 2017
  9. Are there any other options for me to try?

NiceAndShy, Feb 23, 2017
  10. Fafhrd Win User
    I guess it didn't work.

I wish I hadn't butted in earlier, since I had never tried to use it as a sound recorder before.

Because it is a total pain in the butt!

It should be easy *Start+G then *Start+Alt+G should start recording, stop from the *Start+G again.

I have a laptop with integrated GPU, so I get this:

Serious Question: How To Record Sound? [​IMG]

Eventually I got here:

http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-o...s-for-game-dvr

which shows a list of supported hardware and lots of exceptions (which seem to exclude any Graphics card I have on any desktop).

Nothing to do with the audio system (to take an audio clip) - but your Graphics system - WHY??

Fair enough if I am trying to capture Video game action, but just a sound clip???

So, no I got no further. Oh, and Gamebar on makes this laptop behave strangely - unresponsive, like I have to cover the window that has (or should have) the focus with another window before the window updates - even with the cmd console, so things seem slow and treacly.

Dalchina says that the Voice recorder only records from the microphone, and it picks up sounds from the speakers, so it is weak and tinny and picks up external noises. To use Voice recorder:

*Start then type voice and then Enter

opens the Voice recorder.

the recordings are saved as .m4a files and are autonamed in

C:\Users\Username\Documents\Sound recordings

so you'd need to convert them to the format you want. I think Media Player will play and convert these?

Since Windows 3.1 until Windows XP the Windows Sound Recorder (sndrec32.exe) did a better job. The Sound Recorder from Windows 7 or 8 does not work in Windows 10 - it depends on libraries that have been changed. I discovered that Windows XP sndrec32.exe does work in Windows 10 - it complains that something failed to register, but works as well as it ever did - which is not very impressively.

But it does steal the Windows 10 Winver dialog when you click the Help, About menu:

Just a word about the Windows store - if you click *Start then type Voice Recorder​ you will find some suggestions - I do not know what they are like, but you might dare to try them!

Fafhrd, Feb 24, 2017
  11. Edwin New Member
    This will work if your audio drivers support the method:
    1 Open System Tray
    2 right click Speaker icon
    3 click on Recording devices
    Right click in the 'Recording' Tab area and check mark 'Show Disabled Devices'/'Disconnected Devices', (5, 6)
    4 right click Stereo Mix
    7 Set as Default Device
    8 Press Record using Windows Voice Recorder
    9 Play the source.

The recorded files will be in Documents/Sound Recordings

Edwin, Feb 24, 2017
  12. Serious Question: How To Record Sound?

Wow, I appreciate the replies!

I'll try it as soon as I can!

NiceAndShy, Feb 24, 2017
  13. Edwin New Member
    (Watch on YouTube in 1080)

[youtube]CuvZXNGPebQ[/youtube]

Edwin, Feb 24, 2017
  14. Fafhrd Win User
    A word about "Stereo Mix" in the recording devices. The majority of on-board sound devices use Realtek chips.
    For reasons unknown, Microsoft Windows 10 upgrades seem to replace Realtek HD audio drivers and codecs with their own Generic Microsoft HD sound drivers.
    The generic drivers do not offer the Stereo Mix option.

You may need to get and install drivers from Realtek, and expect Microsoft to attempt to change them back to generic drivers at every opportunity. See the Drivers and Hardware forum sticky at the top of Drivers and Hardware - Windows 10 Forums

Fafhrd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Serious Question: How To Record Sound? - Similar Threads - Serious Question Record

2. How to reinstall Windows sound recorder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reinstall Windows sound recorder.: And how to turn on security centre service.How to restore default settings of Windows like display and whole window https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reinstall-windows-sound-recorder/49a580f6-9061-4b67-b2b1-d6a77083eb0c
  3. How to reinstall Windows sound recorder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reinstall Windows sound recorder.: And how to turn on security centre service.How to restore default settings of Windows like display and whole window https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reinstall-windows-sound-recorder/49a580f6-9061-4b67-b2b1-d6a77083eb0c
  4. How to reinstall Windows sound recorder.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. How to restore sound on a windows10 recording?

How to restore sound on a windows10 recording?: Hello, I recorded something and after viewing that recording, I noticed that it has no sound. There was no problem with the audio, because I used this option for a while and it went well. Last time I used it was last week and everything went well. Earlier this week monday,...
  6. Sound Recording Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Recording Issue: Hello, So I recently got this laptop and have been trying to use a gaming headset that I have. However when I connect it, it seems that the audio works fine, but the microphone is still being routed through the laptop itself and not the headset's mic. No devices are coming...
  7. Serious Updates Question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Serious Updates Question: I have blocked every Win 10 Update for at least the last two months with the exception of Defender Updates and MS Office App updates. I read horror stories. I'm sure we all do. I could provide a list, but I think you likely know all the ones I am referring to. Are there any...
  8. Serious Updates Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Serious Updates Question: I have blocked every Win 10 Update for at least the last two months with the exception of Defender Updates and MS Office App updates. I read horror stories. I'm sure we all do. I could provide a list, but I think you likely know all the ones I am referring to. Are there any...
  9. sound recorder

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sound recorder: hello, I am facing a problem regarding my sound recorder. The recorded sound are played without volume. May I plz find the solution for my problem. Thank you with regards manjar...
  10. A very serious question

A very serious question: ok I have a real problem I use both Microsoft and android I downloaded an app called N-Track 9 on my android but its not available on Microsoft but Microsoft do have the N-Track guitar tuner which I find crazy. ow can you have a plugin for the app but not the app itself?...