Windows 10: Seriously, is there any way to block the latest Windows 10 Forced Updates?

Discus and support Seriously, is there any way to block the latest Windows 10 Forced Updates? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The 1803 update was a catastrophe and left me with workstations that Blue Screened every 10 - 15 minutes. I just got the workstations back on their... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MartinKimzey, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Seriously, is there any way to block the latest Windows 10 Forced Updates?

The 1803 update was a catastrophe and left me with workstations that Blue Screened every 10 - 15 minutes. I just got the workstations back on their feet and stable. I disabled all Windows updates so that we could catch up after being down for two weeks. Last night, I see a message saying a re-start is required to take the latest FORCED update.

When I configured the workstations to not accept Windows 10 Updates, I was really hoping for a period where we could get work done. I mean - really - NO MEANS NO.

Lately, I cannot tell the difference between a Windows 10 Update and a Cyber-attack. If I die tonight and don't make it to heaven, I'll be dealing with a Windows 10 Update in the morning.

:)

MartinKimzey, Aug 3, 2018
  2. xkm1948 Win User

Advice For People wishing to update to Windows 10 Redstone

Yep. Tried to update my Realtek sound driver to the lastest version. After that I can't even use the Realtek sound control panel any more. It is now blocked. Seems M$ is determined to force users to swallow their automated driver update system.

f*u*c*k this. One step forward two steps backward.

xkm1948, Aug 3, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

I actually had a client call yesterday with an email problem. when I tried walking him through some steps, he says "Yeah, I don't see that there, but I think it's because it's updated to windows 10. It did that a few weeks ago. I came back in on Monday, and it said Welcome to Windows 10"..... I think I'd throw the computer out the window.

Ahhzz, Aug 3, 2018
  4. Reefer86 Win User

Seriously, is there any way to block the latest Windows 10 Forced Updates?

Reefer86, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

Seriously, is there any way to block the latest Windows 10 Forced Updates?

1. Seriously, is there any way to block the latest Windows 10 Forced Updates? - Similar Threads - Seriously block latest

2. Is there a way to block a particular update in windows update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to block a particular update in windows update?: For whatever reason, windows update always want to install an older driver on my laptop. The problem however besides it being out of date is that it doesnt also replace the radeon software version, so it can't open. I got around this before with an appx package for it I...
  3. Is there a way to block a particular update in windows update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to block a particular update in windows update?: For whatever reason, windows update always want to install an older driver on my laptop. The problem however besides it being out of date is that it doesnt also replace the radeon software version, so it can't open. I got around this before with an appx package for it I...
  4. Is there a way to block a particular update in windows update?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Best Way to Permanently Block Windows 10 Updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best Way to Permanently Block Windows 10 Updates: The updates are worse than any security threats. What is the best way to block them entirely. Programs like shutdownblocker seem to not work long term. submitted by /u/uspsman [link] [comments]...
  6. Is there any way to force restart DirectX 12?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to force restart DirectX 12?: I'm experiencing an issue where DirectX 12 can essentially "shut off", meaning games will simply freeze if I try to launch them. The only cure is to restart the PC every time I want to play a game that uses DX12, but that's really annoying, especially since I use my PC to do...
  7. Ways to block Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Ways to block Windows 10 updates: I'm having issues with a recent windows cumulative update. I uninstalled said update, and blocked it using wushowhide tool. However, after leaving my pc on, unattended for a few minutes, I came back to see that the pc had restarted and begun updating automatically. After the...
  8. Is there a way to stop forced update?

Is there a way to stop forced update?: After the last forced update, my office 2010 did not work. I reverted back, and all is fine, but no matter what I do, the update automatically starts again. Since this one is a security update, I can’t stop it from happening. The only thing I have been able to do to stop...
  9. Easiest way to block Windows Updates

Easiest way to block Windows Updates: Hi all, I need three days of my life to setup a new computer with Win 10 Pro AU and now it's pretty fine (or almost...). Said that, I am really afraid that some "forced" update will destroy my spare time again so I want to AVOID Windows Update to update my computer....
  10. Is there any way to force more resources to an app?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is there any way to force more resources to an app?: I have a new backup drive (WD MyCloud) and new software to backup a large amount of data (1.5TB). the process is progressing extremely slow (only about 20 GB/day). When I look at task manager I see that little or no GPU and only 14% of memory being used. Is there some...