Windows 10: Server Mobo OK for Desktop

Discus and support Server Mobo OK for Desktop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ordered this from amazon . In my haste, didn't realize it was a server mobo. Can I use it as a Desktop. Have compatible CPU and Ram Pete ASUS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cfourkays, Feb 16, 2018.

1. cfourkays Win User

Server Mobo OK for Desktop

Ordered this from amazon .
    In my haste, didn't realize it was a server mobo.
    Can I use it as a Desktop.
    Have compatible CPU and Ram
    Pete

ASUS DDR3 1333 LGA 1150 Motherboard P9D-C/4L

:)

cfourkays, Feb 16, 2018

2. Bluetooth Sync Option is Greyed out

am having the same problem on my MSI U130 netbook, but BT works OK on my desktop PC (MSI mobo)

Nokia - over to you!!

VFRBoy---01, Feb 16, 2018
  3. FSX will not install after new graphics card

It is a NEW pc MoBO, GPU and PSU - ok? Not helpful at all.

TomJCharles, Feb 16, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

I don't see why it wouldn't work. BUT, you should contact your Amazon seller and ask about return policies. It may be safer just to send it back and order something else, IF the return policy is that you can't return the mobo after it's been opened and tried out. If you can still return it, then if it doesn't work for you, that's what you should do. But if it doesn't work and you can't return it, you'll have to eat the expense involved, and you don't want that, do you?
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Feb 16, 2018
  5. I guess but understand it is not designed as such.

Notice no integrated sound, it supports old VGA connector, I don't see any front headers like headphones, Mic.

It supports very few USB devices, no modern C port.

The BIOS is likely to be straight forward without all the things you would see on desktop.

That said you can connect four lan cables to it.

If it were me I would cancel asap.

Caledon Ken, Feb 16, 2018
  6. cfourkays Win User
    Amazon Prime
    It's back in the shipping box and will go back tomorrow.
    Didn't look that close at it, saw Asus which is my old board.
    Thanks for getting to me before I started to unpack it.
    Will look more closely tonight and will have it Sunday.
    Pete

cfourkays, Feb 16, 2018
  7. cfourkays Win User
    I should have looked further. Nowhere in the Amazon did it say server. Was very obvious on the box, however

cfourkays, Feb 16, 2018
  8. Server Mobo OK for Desktop

Great. Glad the forum could help.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Server Mobo OK for Desktop - Similar Threads - Server Mobo Desktop

2. is it ok to delete this from my desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is it ok to delete this from my desktop?: I used NetFixRepairTool and it added aCabinet files that says FixDorNet202303091234335039 to my desktop. Is it safe to delete this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-ok-to-delete-this-from-my-desktop/b34cf62a-11b3-45b7-8b99-0bb99ab5561a
  3. is it ok to delete this from my desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is it ok to delete this from my desktop?: I used NetFixRepairTool and it added some Cabinet files that says FixDorNet202303091234335039. Is it safe to delete this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-ok-to-delete-this-from-my-desktop/b34cf62a-11b3-45b7-8b99-0bb99ab5561a
  4. Edge problem on Desktop but OK on Surface Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge problem on Desktop but OK on Surface Pro: This morning when I started my desktop computer and Edge started there was a sidebar. I closed the sidebar and opened a website and parts of it was missing. When I opened the Microsoft website it looked like this:It looks ok on my surface pro....
  5. Issue with MOBO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with MOBO: Hi, my pc for some reason idk stops giving video every other startup. i mean, i turned off and back on, red light on the MOBO directing to the video, turned off and back on again and it works. Feels so odd to do this every time, i'm scared to burn some components doing...
  6. Tower desktop or Server ???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tower desktop or Server ???: Hi folks One of my older NAS servers is giving up the Ghost so I need another computer to replace. I'm not a gamer and as above stated I'm in the market for another computer -- seems by getting a decent Tower Server I can get a much better deal - especially as I can...
  7. overload mobo

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    overload mobo: I not sure what to call it as the title states. Is it possible to overload the mobo using all the USB ports on the I/0 area? I only have two ports left and need to add my printer. Mind you my keybaord and mouse are RGB and I have a Wavlink docking station that's connected but...
  8. Remote Desktop Server

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Remote Desktop Server: Evening All, Just wondering if anyone more experienced can just fill me in on the details - I'm convinced I'm missing something basic! We've got a Windows server 2019 machine that has remote desktop licencing for 50 CALs. However, when the user logs in via RDP, they get...
  9. computer ok but The Device Or Resource (DNS Server) Is Not Responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    computer ok but The Device Or Resource (DNS Server) Is Not Responding: hello i have my wifi + internet connected working fine but when i try browsing i can't load anything. the net adapter win 10 troubleshoot report "Your Computer Appears To Be Correctly Configured, But The Device Or Resource (DNS Server) Is Not Responding" I set my DNS on...
  10. Why my location is ok with localhost but not in web server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why my location is ok with localhost but not in web server: My website is in Asp.Net and C # using the .NET Framework 4.7. I'm testing your "User Location> Basic User Location" routine from https://bingmapsv8samples.azurewebsites.net/#Basic%20User%20Location The problem is that it works on my PC through localhost but when I upload the...