Windows 10: Service Host: Web Account Manager hogs CPU and freezes PC when starting Minecraft Windows...

Discus and support Service Host: Web Account Manager hogs CPU and freezes PC when starting Minecraft Windows... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; As titled. I'm posting on behalf of my Dad, who is having the issue. The CPU usage of "Service Host: Web Account Manager" shoots up to 100%,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ConalMaughan, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Service Host: Web Account Manager hogs CPU and freezes PC when starting Minecraft Windows...

As titled. I'm posting on behalf of my Dad, who is having the issue.

The CPU usage of "Service Host: Web Account Manager" shoots up to 100%, rendering the PC useless until it recovers. The problem is intermittent. Sometimes Minecraft starts up okay, other times it does not. It only started to happen after the first Aquatic update of Minecraft.

Processor is a Celeron G530... which is the system's bottleneck. I am considering recommending he upgrade to an i3 or i5, as his motherboard will support this.
    Is it due to his underpowered processor? Or has something gone wrong in windows?

:)

ConalMaughan, Jul 28, 2018
  2. SteveRem Win User

Service Host: Web Account Manager using 70+% of CPU

I noticed that the fan on my laptop (Thinkpad Yoga X1) running Windows 10 was running at full speed, which was draining the battery quickly. At the same time noticed a sharp drop off in performance on the machine. (I was waiting for the applications to
    catch up with the keystrokes, etc.)

I the looked at the task manager and noticed a process called Service Host:Web Account Manager using most of the CPU capacity. See below.

If I stop the process, the fan slows down, the applications and internet browser return to their normal self. But, when I restart the machine, this Web Account Manager returns along with the degraded performance. Do I need this process, and if not, can
    I disable it? Or, it this situation a result of something else going on. (This started back after a recent update I did. I tried to restore, but it wasn't successful.)

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Service Host: Web Account Manager hogs CPU and freezes PC when starting Minecraft Windows... [​IMG]

SteveRem, Jul 28, 2018
  3. High CPU usage by Service Host

My computer is running extremely slow - even though I have plenty of memory. Checked the Task Menu and something called "Service Host:Local System" seems to be hogging anywhere from 30-90% of CPU capacity. There are 2 subtasks below this Service Host Process;
    (1) Windows update and (2) Update Orchestrator Service. I also see other processes with the "Service Host" stem. Others are "Service Host" Security System" and "Service Host : State Repository System"

WHat is "Service Host"? Do I need it or should I end the operation? Note, my system has been running slowly now for 6 months and only getting worse.

Please advise. I have Windows 10 installed (computer originally came with Windows 7)

JohnSantell, Jul 28, 2018
  4. Service Host: Web Account Manager hogs CPU and freezes PC when starting Minecraft Windows...

Windows Shell Experience Host using 35 to 55% of CPU usage on Windows 10

Hi Don,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about CPU utilization by Windows Shell Experience Host, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to end the process from Task Manager and check.

• Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together to open
      Task Manager

• Go to Processes tab, right-click on the Windows Shell Experience Host process and click
      End Process.

Step 2: Boot the computer in to Safe mode with networking and if the CPU usage is same.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Step 3: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.
    Also, visit the computer manufacturer’s website and install the drivers being found and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 28, 2018
Thema:

Service Host: Web Account Manager hogs CPU and freezes PC when starting Minecraft Windows...

1. Service Host: Web Account Manager hogs CPU and freezes PC when starting Minecraft Windows... - Similar Threads - Service Host Web

2. Service host: windows management

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Service host: windows management: Hi, I know someone has already asked it but I am not good with computers and I didn't fully understand the answers. I have just reinstalled Windows 10 because I had some problems,vthe pc was very slow and at the certain point it stopped working. Even if I reinstalled it, my...
  3. Service Host: Network List Service hogging CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Service Host: Network List Service hogging CPU: I have a Surface Go running Windows 10 not 10S, and recently last few weeks whenever it wakes from Sleep "Network List Service" starts using at least 30% of my CPU. Often my combined CPU use is 100%. This goes on for a minute or more. None of my other computers have this...
  4. Service Host: Network Service - constantly hogging CPU time (~17%)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Service Host: Network Service - constantly hogging CPU time (~17%): [ATTACH] Laptop HP Omen, about 3 years old. Been solid so far... https://preview.redd.it/89nxo6dd7b441.jpg?width=686&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=ccaa8a75e881a917e582033f7fcd0d08fca1cd50...
  5. Service Host: Network Service -Delivery Optimization hogging network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Service Host: Network Service -Delivery Optimization hogging network: Currently Service Host: Network Service -Delivery Optimization is hogging the network. Therefore nothing else can download at the right speed. For example I am using the xbox (beta) app to install Gears 5 but it is barely able to achieve a reading so downloads very slowly...
  6. Task Manager is hogging the CPU

Task Manager is hogging the CPU: Thinkpad X1 Carbon 6th gen, Win 10 Pro 64 bit, auto updates. Crapware startup routines disabled except for a couple of printer updaters. Lately I have noticed laggy system performance. I see that Task Manager is hogging the CPU, routinely taking up 15-20% of the CPU. I...
  7. Web account manager eats cpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Web account manager eats cpu: When I start Movies & Tv on my Surface 3 with the latest Windows updates installed, Web Account Manager eats all available cpu, and I usually have to turn of the computer using the power button since I don't have a keyboard for the device. It started when I installed Windows...
  8. Will Modern Setup Host ever not hog my CPU?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will Modern Setup Host ever not hog my CPU?: Modern Setup Host is going and going. Constantly updating, day after day after day. Never stops! Just finished one, now it's at it again. Always hogging either CPU or Disk. Can I just murder it somehow? [ATTACH] Thanks!...
  9. "Service Host: Windows Manage..." chews up my CPU

"Service Host: Windows Manage..." chews up my CPU: I've been having this problem for a while now. Why does this "Service Host Windows Manage.." chew up my CPU and how can I solve this problem?[ATTACH]...
  10. Service Host "Windows Time" hogging CPU

Service Host "Windows Time" hogging CPU: Today I had a system that has been observed running the Windows Time service host at 56% CPU. I couldn't find a lot of literature on the topic and I couldn't resolve. I took a break and the service was back to 0. Someone else is also having the issue. What can cause this and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. service host web account manager high cpu

2. Service Host web account manager

3. service host web account manager cpu

4. web account manager cpu,
  5. what is service host web account manager and is it safe to end task,
  6. service host:web account manager,
  7. web account manger,
  8. web account manager hogs cpu,
  9. what is service host web account manager,
  10. windows 10 service host web account manager,
  11. Microsoft web account manager high power usage,