Windows 10: Service is Started on Restart but Service Set to Disabled

Discus and support Service is Started on Restart but Service Set to Disabled in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Service is Started on Restart but Service Set to Disabled I am new to WIN10, and I find this behavior puzzling. I have set the service "Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RustyNB, Aug 3, 2016.

1. RustyNB Win User

Service is Started on Restart but Service Set to Disabled

I am new to WIN10, and I find this behavior puzzling. I have set the service "Microsoft Office Click-to-Run Service" to Disabled because I can't stand using OneDrive and OneDrive (Office 2013 version) will autostart. So, I use a utility program (SC) to (1) Enable ClickToRunSvc service, (2) Start the Service, and (3) Disable the service (sc config ClickToRunSvc start= disabled).

Then I start the Microsoft programs as usual (Office365). When finished, I shut down the computer using the Windows menu item "Start", Power, Shutdown.

When I turn the computer back on and log in, the ClickToRunSvc is running again even though the service status is DISABLED?

It's as if the shutdown is not a true shutdown but in fact a hibernate or a "shutdown.exe /s /hybrid".

However, if I stop the ClickToRunSvc before shutting down, it is still stopped on the next boot -- but if it is running (started) when I shut down or restart, the restart allows the ClickToRunSvc to be running again.

Can anyone explain why this behavior in WIN10 is different than WIN7 ? In WIN7, I could leave ClickToRunSvc running at shutdown and it would not be able to start itself until my batch file started it up (enable, start, disable).

:)

RustyNB, Aug 3, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

On-Screen keyboard keeps popping up

Hi Keanu, this will disable the on-screen keyboard for you . . .

Click your Start button, type services and hit Enter

When the Services applet opens, click on the Name column to sort the services by name, and then scroll until you locate the “Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service“.

Double-click on that service, if it is started, click stop and set its Startup type to Disabled

Restart your PC

DaveM121, Aug 3, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    How do I stop the opening of virtual keyboard at the start of Windows 10 after Fall 2017 update?

Hi, to disable the On-screen keyboard totally:

Click your Start button, type services and hit Enter

When the Services applet opens, click on the Name column to sort the services by name, and then scroll until you locate the “Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service“.

Double-click on that service, if it is started, click stop and set its Startup type to Disabled - manual will not do!

Restart your system

DaveM121, Aug 3, 2016
  4. RustyNB Win User

RustyNB, Sep 7, 2016
  5. kat330 Win User
    After running services.msc, I open "Microsoft Office Click-to-Run Service" properties and apply DISABLED. At some point, and I haven't determined what triggers it, because I check after turning on laptop after an overnight shutdown and it will still show as DISABLED -- for a while -- but at some point it will turn itself back to being AUTOMATIC. HOW does it override my direct instructions of DISABLED over and over? Similarly, I must play whack-a-mole ending Cortana within my Task Manager every new start of my HP Pavilion laptop. Frustrating.

kat330, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Service is Started on Restart but Service Set to Disabled - Similar Threads - Service Started Restart

2. ClipSVC service disabled and can't be started

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    ClipSVC service disabled and can't be started: I can't install Microsoft store apps, and I tried every registry fix, but it didn't work. I did a cloud reset to my computer and this is already being boring because I don't want to buy a new computer, my computer is from 2015, the original version was Windows 7 Home and I...
  3. ClipSVC service disabled and can't be started

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ClipSVC service disabled and can't be started: I can't install Microsoft store apps, and I tried every registry fix, but it didn't work. I did a cloud reset to my computer and this is already being boring because I don't want to buy a new computer, my computer is from 2015, the original version was Windows 7 Home and I...
  4. ClipSVC service disabled and can't be started

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Services disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Services disabled: I have a Dell Alienware Aurora 13. I have had instability issues and 3 crashes since I owned it. Recently when I went to start some programs that had worked in the past i discovered that they plus many others were disabled in the services list. Why would this happen? i had...
  6. Services disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Services disabled: I have a Dell Alienware Aurora 13. I have had instability issues and 3 crashes since I owned it. Recently when I went to start some programs that had worked in the past i discovered that they plus many others were disabled in the services list. Why would this happen? i had...
  7. Windows services are set to disabled automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows services are set to disabled automatically: After restarting my PC, I notice that several Windows services are set to disabled mode, containing Credentials Manager cannot use Windows Hello, Windows Update cannot update, Storage Service cannot use Storage Sense, Windows Search affect Onenote, etc. Every time I will set...
  8. 'Storage Service' in Services is always set to disabled when I restart my computer

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    'Storage Service' in Services is always set to disabled when I restart my computer: My friend recently gave me an Xbox Game Pass for PC and I was really happy because I could finally play a certain game I wanted to play. I've been getting many errors and problems because the Xbox App is beyond broken, which has caused me to do all kinds of troubleshooting...
  9. Disable Services

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Services: Hi, I wanna disable some services because I want & I have to do so. Just to be on the safe side, I need your comments if these are safe and conflict free? If you're on lack of sure information on each one, please don't increase your post counts :) --- 1 AJRouter - AllJoyn...
  10. Start Services – what keep – what disable?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Services – what keep – what disable?: This morning Windows has decided to pester me about what I don’t know anything about – Start Services. I don’t know what they. And when I learn that (what they are), I will want to know which ones to disable and which ones to turn, or leave on and why. Can someone please...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stopping service clicktorunsvc and windows search

2. rustynb