Windows 10: "Service_started_failed" at start, need to disable signed driver enfor

Discus and support "Service_started_failed" at start, need to disable signed driver enfor in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Since few days I have a BSOD on start Service_started_failed, I already had this problem earlier, I just had to reinstall drivers and all was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NitroBAY, Jan 11, 2017.

1. NitroBAY Win User

"Service_started_failed" at start, need to disable signed driver enfor

Hello,
    Since few days I have a BSOD on start Service_started_failed, I already had this problem earlier, I just had to reinstall drivers and all was working again. So I knew how to pass through this specific BSOD : I restart with disabled check of signed driver.
    Once I successfully logged I have two errors : microsoft security client 0x800b0100 and "Missing NVCPL.DLL"
    What I tried :
    1) I have a surface book so windows update handles driver update, I may reinstall drivers by downloading this : Access Denied
    So I did use this to "remove" surface platform software and reinstalling it right after. I did try to reinstall drives after analysis outdated drivers with online tools but unfortunately Microsoft has custom drivers so the only way is what I did earlier (downloading their tool).
    The missing dll error is gone thanks to uninstalling Microsoft tools to reinstall original nvidia drivers and after reinstalling Microsoft tools to have other drivers. (or maybe it's just reinstalling Microsoft surface platform managent which did the trick)
    2) SFC /scannow and chkdsk c: /r /x (multiple times). SFC reads smtgh like "we fix partly but we couldn't fix everything"
    3) I tried launch services.msc and devices manager but Windows reads that "the application was blocked for your security" "An admin refused you to use the application"
    4) Antivirus detection : ADW (which remove some chrome extensions and some other stuff), RogueKiller which found and fixed notably suspicious registry keys. All other were telling that I was clean : malwarbytes, OTL, TDSSKILLER (I checked almost all option except module loader one), eset online scanner and maybe others.
    5) I tried to reset from the recuperation screen, from Windows once logged with disabled signed drivers check and to use MediaCreationTool but NONE of these solutions worked, they all say that an error happened.
    So my PC is more or less working if I pass through the 7th option of special restart (signed driver check disabled) but it's not fully fonctionnal for all the reasons I said earlier (Windows defender doesn't start as he has the error described above, I can't start devices manager, I cannot use some windows' features such as troubleshoots as "a problem prevent the troubleshooting to start" etc.).
    I hope one could help show me the right way, I've been already looking through a lot of similar threads all over the Internet these days and I'm running out of ideas.
    Logs (for you experts) : Attachment 116852
    Thanks for reading.
    Please note that as I'm not a native speaker I'm very likely to NOT use rights terms used by Windows as I translate on my own already translated phrases, BTW I hope that the fact that I'm not a native doesn't prevent you to understand me "Service_started_failed" at start, need to disable signed driver enfor :).

:)

NitroBAY, Jan 11, 2017
  2. Jess Can Win User

"Service_started_failed" at start, need to disable signed driver enforcment

Hi,

This issue that you are facing here has to do with the driver and hardware therefore, we recommend that you get in touch with the hardware OEM or the manufacturer.

Should you need any more assistance, feel free to contact us.

Jess Can, Jan 11, 2017
  3. NitroBAY Win User
    "Service_started_failed" at start, need to disable signed driver enforcment

I still didn't fix my problem. I can't contact the OEM as I bought my PC from US and I'm in Europe and MS (it's a shame !) doesn't have global warranty. As soft reset, media creation tool to reinstall W10 etc. don't work I bought an HDD to try hard reset
    etc. If that helped me I will tell you.

NitroBAY, Jan 11, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi NitroBAY,

If I correctly understand what you have done, then it appears your HDD may be failing.
    There are numberous errors regarding HDD communication, starting from 13th last month.

If it is possible, RMA the surface book.

5. NitroBAY Win User
    Hmm okay thanks. I didn't know that hardware problems could cause specific bugs without fully preventing Windows to start. I will probably do an RMA, do ya have an idea to prevent such problems in the future ?

NitroBAY, Jan 13, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
    Hardware issues can cause a variety of issues, what kind of issues depends on a wide range of stuff.
    Hard drive problems can be mainly prevented by running a chkdsk once in a while.
    Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums

7. NitroBAY Win User
    I'm ... voiceless ... very sad. I'm French and I ordered my SB from 'murica as it wasn't available back then in my country.
    .... So they ... don't assure the warranty in one country where the device hasn't been bought.

NitroBAY, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. "Service_started_failed" at start, need to disable signed driver enfor - Similar Threads - Service_started_failed start need

2. sign in disabled?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sign in disabled?!: my laptop keeps saying sign in is disabled because to many failed attempts or repeated shut down. ive never input the wrong password, so thats not it. and i literally turn my laptop off once on a week, every thursday i turn it off and every sunday i turn it back on. so i dont...
  3. Sign in disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in disabled: whenever I shut down my computer and start it back up it says sign in disabled due to too many attempts or too many shutdowns. I shut down my laptop once every 3 days when I put it in my bag. I don’t know how to fix it and it is very annoying n...
  4. Sign in disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign in disabled: whenever I shut down my computer and start it back up it says sign in disabled due to too many attempts or too many shutdowns. I shut down my laptop once every 3 days when I put it in my bag. I don’t know how to fix it and it is very annoying n...
  5. Sign-in is disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign-in is disabled: Hey, In my case sign-in in another way or forgot pin option is not showing, I am frustrated now after waiting long 2 hours nothing has changed worst experience ever with Microsoft and now if you are telling me to reset my laptop then that is impossible for me, my all data...
  6. Sign-in is disabled

Sign-in is disabled: Hey, In my case sign-in in another way or forgot pin option is not showing, I am frustrated now after waiting long 2 hours nothing has changed worst experience ever with Microsoft and now if you are telling me to reset my laptop then that is impossible for me, my all data...
  7. Disable Sign In

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable Sign In: How can I completely disable the lock and sign in screen? I'm the only user of this laptop, and I don't want to have to sign in every time I want to use it. The methods I've found so far don't work. Any help would be appreciated. TIA. submitted by /u/ZippityDooDoo...
  8. samsung magician need digitally signed driver

samsung magician need digitally signed driver: downloaded samsung magician and installed it. it started up and apparently i need some sort of digitally signed driver now? "program compatibility assistant" "samsung magician application resource samsung india software operations windows blocked installation of a...
  9. Permanently Disable Driver Signing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Permanently Disable Driver Signing Windows 10: Try this: Disable driver signature enforcement permanently in Windows 10 I have tried all of that. Since the Anniversary update, it seems impossible to permanently do (see the comments on that article). Has anyone else had any luck? Many thanks.
  10. Need help disabling a bad lenovo driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help disabling a bad lenovo driver: I've isolated my laptop's (Lenovo Y 40-70) battery gauge issue to a driver called "Lenovo ACPI-Compliant Virtual Power Controller," listed under "System Devices" in the Device Manager. I've tried uninstalling it (and deleting it, when prompted by a dialogue box) but it always...