Windows 10: Services Apache & MySQL won't run

Discus and support Services Apache & MySQL won't run in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Windows 7 Pro machine correctly ran Apache and MySQL servers until I accepted the free "upgrade" to Windows 10 Pro. Now the services won't stay... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rich Pasco, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Services Apache & MySQL won't run

My Windows 7 Pro machine correctly ran Apache and MySQL servers until I accepted the free "upgrade" to Windows 10 Pro. Now the services won't stay running.

I had previously installed the IndigoAMPP 9.04 distribution from IndigoStar software, including Apache 2.2.11 and MySQL 5.1.30 which ran perfectly until yesterday.

Now neither of those services will start, whether launched from the IndigoAMPP monitor 1.0 or from Services tab of Windows Task Manager.

I found the following errors in the System Event Log:

The Apache service named reported the following error: >>> (OS 10013)An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions. : make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80 The Apache service named

reported the following error: >>> no listening sockets available, shutting down Now what?

:)

Rich Pasco, Nov 3, 2015

2. since 1607 upgrade, web and database connection requests to win 10 machine time out

Since the 1607 upgrade, a win10 laptop times out all requests from our LAN to its Apache web server and to its MySQL server.

The apache & mysql servers are functioning normally for local browser and database requests from the win 10 machine.

Other LAN machines can ping the machine, and can browse its files & folders eg with Windows Explorer.

But all webserver and MySQL server connection requests from the LAN time out.

Turning off the win10's antivirus software makes no diff.

How do I fix this?

Peter Brawley, Nov 3, 2015
  3. Bitlocker issues with various services stopping unexpectedly

Hi. I just enabled bitlocker on my device, the encryption process went smoothly and everything else about my machine seems to be working the same, except for a couple of services.

I am a web developer, and I have apache web server, mongodb, redis and mysql all installed as services which run automatically when my computer starts.

Example apache service:

"D:\xampp\apache\bin\httpd.exe" -k runservice

Startup type: automatic

The problem only occurs when I start my machine from a cold boot. As soon as windows is started, I visit my local project, which does some queries on mysql and on mongo, and possibly caches some stuff in redis. The issue is that, randomly, one of this
    service simply stops (or maybe it never starts in the first place). Ok, so I go to services and start that service (let's assume apache is the one that stopped). But sometimes, after I start apache, mongodb stops .. The idea is that once started manually,
    the service is ok and it keeps running.

So there seems to be an issue with the fact that these services start automatically. They stop unexpectedly, and there is nothing logged ( for example, I checked the logs of mongods, but there's nothing there). Once manually started, they seem to work.
    I only encountered this problem after I encrypted my partitions with bitlocker.

Can anybody help me with this issue? Thank you!

AlexNegrila, Nov 3, 2015
Thema:

Services Apache & MySQL won't run

1. Services Apache & MySQL won't run - Similar Threads - Services Apache MySQL

2. MySQL services not starting whenever windows reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MySQL services not starting whenever windows reboot: We are using windows server 2019 Standard, 32GB RAM, Processor: IntelR Xeon® Silver 4310 CPU @2.1GHz2 processors, 64 bit OS in one of the Amazon Site.Whenever power trip or windows system reboot occurs, MySQL services are not starting....
  3. MySQL services not starting whenever windows reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MySQL services not starting whenever windows reboot: We are using windows server 2019 Standard, 32GB RAM, Processor: IntelR Xeon® Silver 4310 CPU @2.1GHz2 processors, 64 bit OS in one of the Amazon Site.Whenever power trip or windows system reboot occurs, MySQL services are not starting....
  4. XAMPP (Apache,MySQL,PHP web server)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    XAMPP (Apache,MySQL,PHP web server): Hi folks Anybody tried installing XAMPP for using as a Web server (can also install things like word press etc on it). I usually don't like integrated packages but there's so many different versions of perl, phy etc out there currently that installing "classically" (e.g on...
  5. mysql

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    mysql: mysql was not instaling in laptop my windows 10 home single language tell me any idea to instal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mysql/f816549b-ff83-47c3-b8be-eefef5d790b1
  6. Preventing MYSQL service running at start-up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Preventing MYSQL service running at start-up: I have installed MYSQL on windows 10 as manual service but it still start automatically at start-up, How do I prevent this? I never had this problem on windows 7...
  7. Port conflict by httpd.exe and Apache services on XAMPP Apache / PHP / SQL stack when...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Port conflict by httpd.exe and Apache services on XAMPP Apache / PHP / SQL stack when...: There was no problem installing XAMPP x64 7.3.4 on my Windows 10 PC on an SSD drive, the Apache and MySQL modules booted as ran as designed out of the box, but after running OSFMount program to install a drive in a volatile RAM disk, and after uninstalling XAMPP and...
  8. Apache

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apache: I want to remove Apache from my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apache/1e5a4b27-7f29-4fef-8822-97303f74d436
  9. By mistake deleted apache service using ms delete apache how to get it in service

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    By mistake deleted apache service using ms delete apache how to get it in service: in windows 10 Operating system by mistake deleted apache service using " ms delete apache" command. How to get it back in service. Now it is displayed in service ....
  10. Apache/MySQL service settings revert to manual on reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Apache/MySQL service settings revert to manual on reboot: I've maintained an XAMPP localhost on my machine for web development for years and never had any real problem with it. Fairly recently (within the last two or three months, I believe), the services for both Apache and MySQL always revert to a Startup Type of Manual on reboot....