Windows 10: Services "Application Information" or "User Profile Service" high CPU

Discus and support Services "Application Information" or "User Profile Service" high CPU in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Recently, one of my service host processes in the task manager showed about 13% CPU usage on my i7. I manually restarted each service in its list and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Arsenurderer, May 13, 2017.

1. Services "Application Information" or "User Profile Service" high CPU

Recently, one of my service host processes in the task manager showed about 13% CPU usage on my i7. I manually restarted each service in its list and found my problems: Application Information refused to stop on its own, but User Profile Service, which takes Application Information down with it, solved my CPU drain. Yesterday, the windows services locked me out. When I tried to stop the problem services, I got "Error 1061: The service cannot accept control messages at this time." Fearing a virus, I tried to run Malwarebytes, but it gave me the same error message. I managed to run it in safe mode, but this did not solve the problem. As of now, I have a CPU drain and no apparent way to stop it. Can anyone help?

:)

Arsenurderer, May 13, 2017

2. nokia 7210 supernova " contact service "

you need to take it to a nokia care center

techbuzzireland, May 13, 2017
  3. kokikz Win User
    nokia 7210 supernova " contact service "

my nokia 7210 supernova isn't working.. after the nokia logo appeared, the screen goes white then it shuts down.. what am i going to do?? i searched for answers but it didn't do any better on my phone.. your help is very much appreciated..

Blue hills.jpg

kokikz, May 13, 2017
  4. simrick Win User

Services "Application Information" or "User Profile Service" high CPU

Hi Arsenurderer and welcome to Tenforums.
    Let's get the virus possibility out of the way:

Run RKILL
    RKill Download
    Post the log that pops up upon completion.

Run "Scan" of ADWCleaner
    Downloads - AdwCleaner - ToolsLib

Post the scan log
    C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S1].txt

If you're around now, wait for my response - do not reboot, and do not run "Clean".

simrick, May 13, 2017
  5. I downloaded adw and rkill, but both displayed "This service cannot accept control messages at this time" when I tried to run them.

6. simrick Win User
    Can you boot into Safe Mode and try running them?

simrick, May 13, 2017
  7. ADW found some threats in the registry. This is the log file.
    # Updated on 24/04/2017 by Malwarebytes# Database : 2017-04-24.1 [Local]# Operating System : Windows 10 Pro (X64)# Username : Daniel - # Running from : C:\Users\Daniel\Desktop\adwcleaner_6.046.exe# Mode: Scan# Support : https://www.malwarebytes.com/support***** [ Services ] *****No malicious services found.***** [ Folders ] *****No malicious folders found.***** [ Files ] *****No malicious files found.***** [ DLL ] *****No malicious DLLs found.***** [ WMI ] *****No malicious keys found.***** [ Shortcuts ] *****No infected shortcut found.***** [ Scheduled Tasks ] *****No malicious task found.***** [ Registry ] *****Key Found: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\OCComSDK.ComSDKKey Found: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\OCComSDK.ComSDK.1Key Found: [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\OCComSDK.ComSDKKey Found: [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\OCComSDK.ComSDK.1Key Found: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{B9D64D3B-BE75-4FA2-B94A-C4AE772A0146}Key Found: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{47A1DF02-BCE4-40C3-AE47-E3EA09A65E4A}Key Found: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{FA7B2795-C0C8-4A58-8672-3F8D80CC0270}Key Found: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{47A1DF02-BCE4-40C3-AE47-E3EA09A65E4A}Key Found: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{1112F282-7099-4624-A439-DB29D6551552}***** [ Web browsers ] *****No malicious Firefox based browser items found.No malicious Chromium based browser items found.*************************C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S0].txt - [1578 Bytes] - [14/05/2017 13:43:07]########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S0].txt - [1651 Bytes] ##########

8. simrick Win User

simrick, May 13, 2017
  9. simrick Win User
    Please fill in your system specs so we know what we've got here.
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

Please run

JRT
    Junkware Removal Tool Download
    Please post the log if it finds anything.

If you have Ccleaner Free on the system already, run it on your browsers, clearing out all temp files, cache, cookies (using default settings is fine).

If you don't have it on your system, boot back into normal mode, install and run it .

I'm not seeing anything major, just adware (OpenCandy).

simrick, May 13, 2017
  10. I deleted the files and let ADW restart my computer. The processor drain is still present and the services are still not accepting control messages. Any ideas for the next step?

11. simrick Win User
    I am researching.
    Please fill in your system specs?
    I have to break for a few minutes - will be back. *Smile

simrick, May 13, 2017
  12. simrick Win User
    Try stopping the Windows Update service (wuauserv) and see if that makes a difference.

simrick, May 13, 2017
  13. Services "Application Information" or "User Profile Service" high CPU

Windows update got stuck in "stopping," so I disabled its startup and restarted the computer. CPU usage has returned to 1%. I will monitor it for a while, but it looks like that was it. Thank you.

14. simrick Win User
    simrick, May 13, 2017
  15. I followed your instructions. Windows update is running without any processor drain. Turns out I had fast boot disabled all along. Again, thanks.

Arsenurderer, May 14, 2017
Thema:

1. Services "Application Information" or "User Profile Service" high CPU - Similar Threads - Services Application Information

2. User Profile Service service failed sign-on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Profile Service service failed sign-on: I tried to get on my Windows10 Lenovo laptop, entered my password and received error: User Profile Service Service Failed the Sign-in User Profile Cannot be LoadedI installed BitDefender including VPN and have had problems ever since. I also have 2 MS 365 accounts and...
  3. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in

in Windows 10 Customization
    The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in: After a failed attempt at factory resetting my desktop, I began to receive this message when I tried to login to my computer. I have tried to start my computer through safe mode, which has not worked, and have tried to go to a restore point, which also failed to work. Any way...
  4. User profile service service failed the logon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User profile service service failed the logon: Recently my keyboard stopped working. Due to the fact that my laptop did not experience any physical damage, I reset my laptop in the hopes that it was a software problem. After resetting my laptop I have been unable to login to my laptop with it saying “user profile service...
  5. User Profile Service, High memory usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User Profile Service, High memory usage: Hi, it's being like this for a while. [ATTACH] This process is always using a lot of my memory usually 100 mb and sometimes above 200 mb. It doesn't looks normal to me. I login with my Microsoft account, and I just want to know is there any fix for this? Or maybe I have...
  6. Service Host: Network Service - High CPU

Service Host: Network Service - High CPU: Is my 'Service Host: Network Service' out of order while asking 27+% CPU?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/service-host-network-service-high-cpu/5302eaba-a053-472d-9269-2a9a2c11bb6a
  7. windows service high cpu

windows service high cpu: cdpsvcuser_3cdb9 this thing is taking cpu why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-service-high-cpu/118feeee-749b-4a25-ba69-035c30120779
  8. Application Guard Container Service High CPU

Application Guard Container Service High CPU: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Upon cold start, the Host Service: Application Guard Container Service (AGCS) exhibits high cpu usage between 30=50% for a full two minutes, then stops. At startup, I sensed that my cpu fan was running at higher than normal speed, so I opened Task...
  9. User Profile Service Service failed

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Profile Service Service failed: Hi, I am having the same problem. One admin account which i created using mail id. Another Guest account. Admin account got this problem. So couldnt change anything in Guest account. If i give admin password in guest account to run command prompt in admin mode or...
  10. User Profile Service Service failed! User profile cannot be loaded.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Profile Service Service failed! User profile cannot be loaded.: How can I recover from this error message? I click on OK, and then see the sign on screen again prompting me to enter my MS password. Not able to login as this repeats ..... regards, . 14278

Users found this page by searching for:

1. application information high cpu