Windows 10: Services.exe running all the time. High CPU. Cursor flickering. Stop!

Discus and support Services.exe running all the time. High CPU. Cursor flickering. Stop! in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Services.exe has been running for 3 days now. While it doesn't impede use of the computer, apparently, the tasks app says it is using about half the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MikeAtt, Jan 16, 2018.

1. MikeAtt Win User

Services.exe running all the time. High CPU. Cursor flickering. Stop!

Services.exe has been running for 3 days now. While it doesn't impede use of the computer, apparently, the tasks app says it is using about half the CPU. The cursor flickers between normal and the little circle all the time, which is annoying. I tried to halt the exe but Windows will not let me. Do I have a virus? How do I stop this? Please!

:)

MikeAtt, Jan 16, 2018

2. services.exe using small, but regular spikes in CPU. Normal?

Hi,

I am also facing this problem. Services.exe causes cpu spikes every seconds. Average cpu utilazation is %10 . It causes battery drain and fan is always working.

when i analyze the process with WPA, i see that services.exe!RQueryServiceConfig2W is been called hundreds of times in a second.

Please help

MuratÇinkaya, Jan 16, 2018
  3. CPU, Memory and Disk usage are consistently high as soon as I boot up on Windows 10 laptop

CPU, Memory and Disk usage are consistently high as soon as I boot up on Windows 10 laptop

Sometime a few weeks back or maybe a month ago, I my HP ENVY dv6 notebook started experiencing high CPU, Memory and Disk usage as soon as I booted up. I stopped a few applications from starting but could find nothing else that was obvious in Task Manager
    besides many processing flickering in and out with high usage. It didn’t return until last night when I inadvertently miskeyed and Windows 10 started reloading again which I saw no way to stop. Once the final reboot completed, this problem with high CPU,
    Memory and Disk usage returned. It is apparent all the time. The blue circle next to the pointer arrow is flickering all the time. I have Windows Explorer pinned to the task bar but it is not running. In Task Manager, CPU and memory are in the 30% range
    all the time, which might not be a lot I do not know. Other apps flicker in and out all the time (Application Host Service – 32 bit, System and Compressed Memory, Desktop Window Manager, Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry, Search Runtime Executable and Windows
    Audio Device Graph Isolation to name a few. The main problem is that I cannot use drop down choice selections now as the choices only are shown for a split section. Right click on a word to check spelling also only last for a few seconds. I know this is
    vague explanation but not sure how else to explain it. I cannot even select the correct Windows topic as the selection doesn't stay visible long enough.

I am not a technical PC expert by any means but in past have usually been able to get around problems. But I have no ideas on this one. Any thoughts are appreciated.

DougRoessler, Jan 16, 2018
  4. hiphopper Win User

It continues to do this even after you rebooted the computer?

hiphopper, Jan 16, 2018
  5. MikeAtt Win User
    Have restarted and then done a cold boot. So, Yes! Thanks. M

MikeAtt, Jan 16, 2018
  6. MikeAtt Win User
    I solved it by experimentation. Went to task manager and right clicked on services.exe and went to the option: details. There I right-clicked again. There was an option: end process tree. Quite at random I clicked on that. Windows had a little fit, said it was recovering stuff and would reboot. On booting up, all was fine.

MikeAtt, Jan 17, 2018
  7. From your trace, the CPU is consumed by the svchost.exe and explorer.exe, to find the real service name, we can run process explorer to check which process consumes so much CPU resource under svchost.exe

fisrtme2212, Jan 17, 2018
  8. zinou Win User

Hi,
    You can also use Windows Performance Toolkit to identify the culprit;

• Open a command line as Administrator;
    • Type this command "wpr -start generalprofile -start CPU"; this will start trace recording.
    • While recording the trace, try to work on your system for about 2 minutes.
    • Then type this command to stop trace recording "wpr -stop C:\Temp\MyTrace.etl". Make sure the folder where you record the trace exist.
    • Compress the resulting file (Important)
    • Share it through TransferNow or any other file sharing platform.

I'llanalyze your trace file and give you a feedback.

See you

zinou, Jan 20, 2018
  9. xsol Win User
    I am also having an issue with services.exe utilizing 100% of my CPU.
    Would you be willing to analyze my file as well? I'd greatly appreciate any help or insight.
    Etl File Link (exactly as instructed) *Smile
    www.transfernow.net/6199j8189h9j

xsol, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Services.exe running all the time. High CPU. Cursor flickering. Stop! - Similar Threads - Services exe running

2. Services and controller app cpu utilization goes high on running a specific exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Services and controller app cpu utilization goes high on running a specific exe: Hello,When we run our application\exe Services and controller app cpu utilization increases. What are all the application types Services and controller app sensitive to ? Is there any way we can stop this from happening ?...
  3. Services and controller app cpu utilization goes high on running a specific exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Services and controller app cpu utilization goes high on running a specific exe: Hello,When we run our application\exe Services and controller app cpu utilization increases. What are all the application types Services and controller app sensitive to ? Is there any way we can stop this from happening ?...
  4. Services and controller app cpu utilization goes high on running a specific exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. taskbar icons flickering after running a game and high cpu usage with nothing running in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    taskbar icons flickering after running a game and high cpu usage with nothing running in...: Back from 3 months ago, I reinstalled windows 10, a week after that, my taskbar icons wifi, audio, battery, ...etc sometimes flickering, especially when I run some games Valorant, GI,..., they're really laggy. When I check what's running on my laptop at the moment by task...
  6. High CPU Usage at all times

High CPU Usage at all times: I have at least 60% CPU usage always. When I check in processes, I see that Discord is using 40% of cpu, so I went to try and fix that. Nothing worked. But the problem is that even when Discord isn't running, I still have problems with my cpu usage. If I dont use Discord,...
  7. cpu fan running high speed all the time?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    cpu fan running high speed all the time?: Hello, windos 10. Motherboard changed: Afox 81 More than one processor fan has been changed but: cpu fan running high speed all the time? 147728
  8. cpu fan running high speed all the time?

in Windows 10 Support
    cpu fan running high speed all the time?: Hello, windos 10. Motherboard changed: Afox 81 More than one processor fan has been changed but: cpu fan running high speed all the time? 147728
  9. High disk and cpu usage all the time

High disk and cpu usage all the time: I have - Dell Inspiron 5567 Intel CoreTM i7-7500U RAM - 16 GB When i bought my laptop, in starting days it's running quite well but after few days in task manager it shows disk usage 100% with or without any running application so I run my drivers update some of them are...
  10. High CPU Usage 99-100% at all times

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High CPU Usage 99-100% at all times: Hello everyone, I recently started noticing my computer's cpu usage has been off the charts. I am currently unaware of what is causing it. I have run full system scans with my antivirus (Bitdefender 2017) and have run checks from windows. As i look at the usage in task...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rqueryserviceconfig2w CPU