Windows 10: session expired to set the password in the new pc

Discus and support session expired to set the password in the new pc in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This problem is happened way before to have windows 10 set up. Just bought a new pc and try to set up the window. It seems need to set up a microsoft... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TONYFANG1, Jul 14, 2018.

1. TONYFANG1 Win User

session expired to set the password in the new pc

This problem is happened way before to have windows 10 set up.

Just bought a new pc and try to set up the window. It seems need to set up a microsoft account. This is a new PC for my daughter.

But we did not set the password right away and now session expired. On the screen asked us to try it again. I could not find a way to do it. No link to tell me how to try it again.

Thanks

:)

TONYFANG1, Jul 14, 2018

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Jul 14, 2018
  3. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jul 14, 2018
  4. session expired to set the password in the new pc

Windows Password has expired.

Hi,

I apologize for not addressing you in a timely manner. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you click on the link below and reset your password. (if you are using a Microsoft account)

Forgotten password and other sign-in problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

If you are using a local account, you may remove the password and set a strong password again. To remove the password, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + R.
    • Type control panel and click on Ok.
    • On the top right corner, change the view by to large icons.
    • Click on User accounts. And then click on manage another account.
    • Under the list, select your account and click remove/delete password.
    Once the password is deleted, you may go to the same settings to set a new password.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

session expired to set the password in the new pc

1. session expired to set the password in the new pc - Similar Threads - session expired set

2. Password expiration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password expiration: Greetings. I have Windows 11 Home Edition, and every month I'm getting a password expiraton notice. Is it possible to disable this annoying feature permamantly? I've searched the web and all I come up with is how to disable password expiation in Windows 10 and Windows 11, but...
  3. Password expiration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password expiration: Greetings. I have Windows 11 Home Edition, and every month I'm getting a password expiraton notice. Is it possible to disable this annoying feature permamantly? I've searched the web and all I come up with is how to disable password expiation in Windows 10 and Windows 11, but...
  4. Password expiration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password expiration: The Surface Pro 7 tablet running on Windows 10 prompts for a password reset. How can I stop this from happening? I have found answers but they don't work using netplwiz, control panel, etc.. Yet I also see Microsoft references that indicate this can be done....
  5. Password expiration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password expiration: The Surface Pro 7 tablet running on Windows 10 prompts for a password reset. How can I stop this from happening? I have found answers but they don't work using netplwiz, control panel, etc.. Yet I also see Microsoft references that indicate this can be done....
  6. Password expiration

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Expiring Passwords

in Windows 10 Customization
    Expiring Passwords: Yesterday when I attempted to sign into my computer, it said I had to change my password, which I did. Then I found directions on how to prevent it from happening again - so I never have to change it again. I understand it happens every 6 weeks. These are the directions I...
  8. Password Expiration

in Windows 10 Customization
    Password Expiration: I don't want my login password to expire in windows 10. How do I change this setting so it doesn't expire. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-expiration/e9769e7c-fba5-49f2-a5b5-dac99ac38e53
  9. Password set to never expire with GPO

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Password set to never expire with GPO: Hey, I Modified our GPO for Password policy to never expire (maximum password age = 0), I confirmed that the GPO took effect on all computers and on DC, but users passwords are still expiring (i confirmed they are not old expirations). submitted by /u/TeqWize [link]...
  10. Session Password set as a 1 spacebar

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Session Password set as a 1 spacebar: Hello I was trying to remove my session login password, I didn't saw the option to deactivate the password so I edited the password with a new one. The new password was just a blank space (hit 1 time the space bar) I restarted to see the effects ... I can't log...