Windows 10: Session Manager question

Discus and support Session Manager question in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When using session manager in chrome, when the tabs open it starts with the tabs that opens on the right. I would like it to open on with the left tab.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by bruinator, Oct 9, 2017.

1. bruinator Win User

Session Manager question

When using session manager in chrome, when the tabs open it starts with the tabs that opens on the right. I would like it to open on with the left tab. How do I accomplish this?

thx

:)

bruinator, Oct 9, 2017

2. Session Management: Insufficient Session ID Length

As per our security team, the ASP.Net generated session ID length is insufficient. Here the recommendation is session ID should be more than 128bits but ASP.NET provide session ID length is 120bits. When the session ID is less than 128 bits (16 bytes), it
    is practical for hackers to perform brute-force attacks. It was recommended by the security team that session ID should be composed of static data and variable data, and only variable data are counted in length calculation.

Can I increase the session ID length from 120 bits to 128 bits in ASP.NET Framework 4.0 environment ?

Also, if we need to override the session ID class what are all factor we need to consider while overriding the methods CreateSessionID and Validate.

AvinashPanda, Oct 9, 2017
  3. Mike_Keys Win User
    Mike_Keys, Oct 9, 2017
  4. torre Win User

Session Manager question

If the option is not available in the settings for the extension, likely not possible ?

May want to visit Chrome Forum for more info.

Google Groupes

torre, Oct 10, 2017
  5. bruinator Win User
    Thx. Am trying there but may be someone has an answer here?

bruinator, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Session Manager question

1. Session Manager question - Similar Threads - Session Manager question

2. Boot manager question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot manager question: Just a quick question for clarification : In Bios (Uefi) Windows Boot Manager is displayed at the top of the boot order. Is this the same as the Boot manager in Windows? [img] 135054
  3. Why Local Sessions Manager starts or not starts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why Local Sessions Manager starts or not starts: I wonder why Local Sessions Manager starts up on some particular Windows 10 laptops and don’t want to start on the others? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-local-sessions-manager-starts-or-not-starts/626cf52e-fed8-44c0-ad15-57d976984689
  4. Local Sessions Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local Sessions Manager: Why does Local Sessions Manager start up on some Windows 10 laptops and not on other s? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-sessions-manager/dd20f674-80c1-4ffa-b863-10a8e821cb80
  5. Disk management question?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk management question?: In Disk Management..When you create a New Simple Volume on Unallocated space there is a screen where you must select a drive letter. I'm presuming that when you choose a drive letter here that it will be a fixed drive letter. Is there any way of creating a new simple volume...
  6. Device Manager questions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Manager questions: I have a couple of questions about updates to certain areas of the device manager. System is Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Mobo - Asus Maximus Hero Viii GTX 980Ti Core i7-6700 8GB memory My question is that I see a couple of items that I am not sure if I need to update or...
  7. Please wait for Local Session Manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Please wait for Local Session Manager: Windows 10 Home on an older eMachine. Customer was trying to do something with "PCMatic" he just saw on TV and thought it might help his PC without checking with his computer IT guy, me. Somehow, he really got the Start screwed up and the PC boots first to : "Please...
  8. "Waiting for Local Session manager"

in Windows 10 Support
    "Waiting for Local Session manager": Using a Dell Laptop with W10 ver 1607 64 bit 2 out of 3 times my Laptop will start quickly and what I think of as normal. Then the other times it start, and for a long time no screen activity at al … though I can see there is HDD activity, it can be 5 mins or more then it...
  9. Ignite 2017 – Windows 10 Deployment And Management Sessions

in Windows 10 News
    Ignite 2017 – Windows 10 Deployment And Management Sessions: It’s almost that time of year, Microsoft’s Ignite event takes place in September 25th 2017, and here are a few of the sessions that focus on Windows 10 to help give you an idea of which ones you might want to consider attending, or alternatively, and more likely for the...
  10. Task Manager questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager questions: In previous Windows versions the Task Manager had several tabs, for applications to memory usage. It now only has running applications. What happened to the other tabs? Where can they be seen? Thank you for your help. 49078