Windows 10: Session Manager question

Discus and support Session Manager question in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When using session manager in chrome, when the tabs open it starts with the tabs that opens on the right. I would like it to open on with the left tab.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by bruinator, Oct 9, 2017.

1. bruinator Win User

Session Manager question

When using session manager in chrome, when the tabs open it starts with the tabs that opens on the right. I would like it to open on with the left tab. How do I accomplish this?

thx

:)

bruinator, Oct 9, 2017

2. Session Management: Insufficient Session ID Length

As per our security team, the ASP.Net generated session ID length is insufficient. Here the recommendation is session ID should be more than 128bits but ASP.NET provide session ID length is 120bits. When the session ID is less than 128 bits (16 bytes), it
    is practical for hackers to perform brute-force attacks. It was recommended by the security team that session ID should be composed of static data and variable data, and only variable data are counted in length calculation.

Can I increase the session ID length from 120 bits to 128 bits in ASP.NET Framework 4.0 environment ?

Also, if we need to override the session ID class what are all factor we need to consider while overriding the methods CreateSessionID and Validate.

AvinashPanda, Oct 9, 2017
  3. Mike_Keys Win User
    Mike_Keys, Oct 9, 2017
  4. torre Win User

Session Manager question

If the option is not available in the settings for the extension, likely not possible ?

May want to visit Chrome Forum for more info.

Google Groupes

torre, Oct 10, 2017
  5. bruinator Win User
    Thx. Am trying there but may be someone has an answer here?

bruinator, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Session Manager question

1. Session Manager question - Similar Threads - Session Manager question

2. RDP Windows 11, Session blocked by: Local Session Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP Windows 11, Session blocked by: Local Session Manager: I recently updated my work computer to Windows 11 about bought a new laptop that also uses Windows 11. When I work from home I used Remote Desktop Connection to log into my work computer. I'm fine for a decent number of hours but then suddenly I get bumped from the work...
  3. RDP Windows 11, Session blocked by: Local Session Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDP Windows 11, Session blocked by: Local Session Manager: I recently updated my work computer to Windows 11 about bought a new laptop that also uses Windows 11. When I work from home I used Remote Desktop Connection to log into my work computer. I'm fine for a decent number of hours but then suddenly I get bumped from the work...
  4. Local Session Manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Local Session Manager: Hello, this might be a long question Few month ago i did a tweak using an apps named "Hone", and tomorrow after i tweaked my laptop, when it boot it just says local session manager, i can boot the laptop normally but, what is Local Session Manager?, and why when i tried to...
  5. Enhanced Session Mode question

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Enhanced Session Mode question: I have a vi-Boot created W10 system that has "Enhanced Session mode" set. Yet when I attempt activate it, the "Enhanced session" is grayed out in the VIEW menu. Is this caused by something that vi-Boot causing ? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks 165219
  6. win10 windows manager / session manager, and setup backup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    win10 windows manager / session manager, and setup backup: I'm looking for a solution to have several virtual desktops, preconfigured with various apps/stuff open, with that config able to be saved somewhere and recovered. How can that be implemented? Furthermore I want most of my Windows config 'backed up' like you can backup...
  7. Sessions in Microsoft Management Console

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sessions in Microsoft Management Console: Hi, May I know the architecture of where the sessions opened for CIFS shares are stored? Does it use a Microsoft Database? Is there any article supporting this?...
  8. Local Sessions Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local Sessions Manager: Why does Local Sessions Manager start up on some Windows 10 laptops and not on other s? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-sessions-manager/dd20f674-80c1-4ffa-b863-10a8e821cb80
  9. Please wait for Local Session Manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Please wait for Local Session Manager: Windows 10 Home on an older eMachine. Customer was trying to do something with "PCMatic" he just saw on TV and thought it might help his PC without checking with his computer IT guy, me. Somehow, he really got the Start screwed up and the PC boots first to : "Please...
  10. "Waiting for Local Session manager"

in Windows 10 Support
    "Waiting for Local Session manager": Using a Dell Laptop with W10 ver 1607 64 bit 2 out of 3 times my Laptop will start quickly and what I think of as normal. Then the other times it start, and for a long time no screen activity at al … though I can see there is HDD activity, it can be 5 mins or more then it...