Windows 10: Set Bios to 1st check for Usb device ?

Discus and support Set Bios to 1st check for Usb device ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello & Thanks ,WIndows 10 , x64 , ThinkPad : I am trying to reset Bios to 1st check for Usb FlashDevice . I have no dvd . Via... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by vmars316, Jun 28, 2017.

1. vmars316 Win User

Set Bios to 1st check for Usb device ?

Hello & Thanks ,WIndows 10 , x64 , ThinkPad :
    I am trying to reset Bios to 1st check for Usb FlashDevice . I have no dvd .
    Via StartButton/ShiftKey/Restart I can get to Reset Settigs screen. And I have tried all the options 1 - 9 & Fn10 . But still can't get to Bios setting screens .Help!Pls , how do I get there ?Thanks

:)

vmars316, Jun 28, 2017

2. Win 10 Home ISO file too big for 4.7Gb DVD+R

I know you mentioned that your BIOS can not boot from a USB stick, but did you actually enter the BIOS to verify that you can not set USB as the 1st boot device?

:
    http://www.pagestart.com

J W Stuart, Jun 28, 2017
  3. Can't Boot Into Windows 10 USB

If you have a Desktop try the rear USB port.

Is the BIOS set so that USB is the 1st boot device followed by the disk drive?

Is the Flash drive formatted FAT32?

:
    http://www.pagestart.com

J W Stuart, Jun 28, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Its model dependent so we need exact model of pc but try

Hold down the Shift key on your keyboard while clicking the Power button on the screen. Continue to hold down the Shift key while clicking Restart. Click Troubleshoot --> Advanced options --> UEFI Firmware Settings --> Restart. You will enter BIOS setup utility interface.

Samuria, Jun 28, 2017
  5. vmars316 Win User
    Aha , at least I got there.
    Oops its an ideaPad 700.
    here are my settings now.
    usb boot pxe boot to lanboot priority order1.usb fdd2.windows boot manager3.usb hdd: sandisk cruiser glide4.nvme: samsugmzvlv256hchp-000l25.ata hdd wdc6.ati cd7.usb cd8.pci lan: efi (ipv4)9.pci lan: efi (ipv6)

I have a sandisk flash drive.
    Is that a fdd or a hdd ?

Anyways , I flip flopped 1. and 3. .
    But system ignored changes
    and started as usual to win 10.

Does that mean that my flashDrive in not set up properly ,
    or should 2.windows boot manager be in position 1. ?

Thanks

Is that a fdd or a hdd ?
    Does that mean that my flashDrive in not set up properly ,
    or should 2.windows boot manager be in position 1. ?

vmars316, Jun 28, 2017
  6. Set "sandisk cruiser glide4.nvme" as the first boot option and see what happens.

alphanumeric, Jun 29, 2017
  7. Samuria Win User
    Did you have the USB plugged in when your in the BIOS if you don't it may not give you the right option

Samuria, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Set Bios to 1st check for Usb device ? - Similar Threads - Set Bios 1st

2. Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. USB Device Over Current Status Detected !...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. USB Device Over Current Status Detected !...: this happened because of a short circuit it was working fine on the day that it happened just a pop up. but when I turned it on it showed this message I can’t go to bios I have tried resetting the cmos and nothing worked I can’t currently get a new one or get it sent to get...
  3. Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. USB Device Over Current Status Detected !...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. USB Device Over Current Status Detected !...: this happened because of a short circuit it was working fine on the day that it happened just a pop up. but when I turned it on it showed this message I can’t go to bios I have tried resetting the cmos and nothing worked I can’t currently get a new one or get it sent to get...
  4. Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. USB Device Over Current Status Detected !...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. USB Device Over Current Status Detected !...: Can’t current buy anew one or get I’ll looked at by a professional cost https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-enter-setup-to-recover-bios-setting-usb/fd6a3610-dd67-413d-91e0-4e826a64428a
  5. Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. USB Device Over Current Status Detected !...

Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. USB Device Over Current Status Detected !...: Can’t current buy anew one or get I’ll looked at by a professional cost https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-enter-setup-to-recover-bios-setting-usb/fd6a3610-dd67-413d-91e0-4e826a64428a
  6. Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. USB Device Over Current Status Detected !...

Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. USB Device Over Current Status Detected !...: I have tried multiple different ways to fix it but nothing has worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-enter-setup-to-recover-bios-setting-usb/aba81c3c-25ef-4474-98b9-5a4505492d95
  7. selecting 1st boot in bios

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    selecting 1st boot in bios: Hi guys, I have just successfully cloned my laptop hhd to ssd with Macrium , which advises that to boot from the ssd requires making the nessessary selection in the bios. I have opened the bios which is recognising the ssd and in the boot column I have the new drive as no 1,...
  8. 1st Boot Fails, 2nd Boot Works (Bios?)

in Windows 10 Support
    1st Boot Fails, 2nd Boot Works (Bios?): Greetings, So over the last weeks I tried Ubuntu Mate and Zorin. I installed each OS on my Mini PC twice and although interesting they weren't stable enough to switch to. I then installed Win10 again and it's actually zippy and works fine. Except for -- -- a strange booting...
  9. USB settings for usb capture device.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB settings for usb capture device.: I have just spent a day trying to find a problem with a USB composite capture device. It seems that it works fine on one computer and not at all on another, both with Windows 10. I have uninstalled the USB controllers and restarted with no effect. I have changed USB ports 3...
  10. What if I checked MSINFO and the BIOS was set to Legacy?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What if I checked MSINFO and the BIOS was set to Legacy?: I want the BIOS to be set to UEFI, not Legacy. And when I go to settings, recovery, restart, it doesn't show the UEFI options. So I can't enable it. Can someone help me?...