Windows 10: Set desktop background to slide show a different image per monitor.

Discus and support Set desktop background to slide show a different image per monitor. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, Shortly after I upgraded to Win 10 I went to the control panel to set up my desktop background to slide show through a specific folder of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Guy C, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Guy C Win User

Set desktop background to slide show a different image per monitor.

Hi all,

Shortly after I upgraded to Win 10 I went to the control panel to set up my desktop background to slide show through a specific folder of images. This worked fine but had an unexpected side effect; each one of my monitors (I've 3) showed a different image from the slide show. Right clicking on the desktop and choosing "Next desktop background" would change just one monitor's image, doing it again would change another and doing it again would change the third.

As I said this was unexpected as I was on Win 7 previously where the monitors always showed the same image in the slide show. However I decided I liked the effect and left it at that. When I restarted my machine I found it had returned to the old Win 7 behaviour; same image on each monitor and using the "Next desktop background" option changed all the monitors to the same new image. No I could find no way to return to the other behaviour until I restarted again and found it had returned of it's own accord.

I have since restarted multiple times and now seem to be stuck with the Win 7 behaviour with the added note that the backgrounds are changing more often than they should. They are set to a 30 minute interval and they generally stick to that but as I wrote that last sentence they changed twice in quick succession (about 5 seconds apart...).

Ideally I would like to get back to having a different slide show on each monitor. Anyone know how?

Thanks in advance!

:)

Guy C, Aug 17, 2015
  2. Linney Win User

Displaying the same slideshow background on multiply displays

Does this work in Windows 10?

"8. To Set a Single Picture as Desktop Background for All Monitors

NOTE: If you have more than one monitor, then the same selected picture will display on all monitors.

A) Click/tap on a image to select (check) it, then go to step 11 below.

OR

B) Right click or press and hold on an image, and click/tap on either Set as desktop background (one monitor) or Set for all monitors (multiple monitors), then go to step 11 below."

How to Change Your Desktop Background and Slide Show in Windows 8 and 8.1

Desktop Background - Change in Windows 8

Linney, Aug 17, 2015
  3. Different Background for Multiple Desktops

Multiple monitors is so common these days, why does it take a google search to figure out how to have different background images on each monitor? Even then, most of the results didn't get you into the old control panel function and you can't turn off the
    slide show function.

Please, in a future update, make it easy to have different static background images on each monitor. This was easy in the past, it should be even easier now.

Marc Gaidosh, Aug 17, 2015
Thema:

Set desktop background to slide show a different image per monitor.

1. Set desktop background to slide show a different image per monitor. - Similar Threads - Set desktop background

2. Different folders per monitor for background slideshow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different folders per monitor for background slideshow: I have 2 monitors and one is set up vertically and one the standard horizontal. Is it possible to have two different folders for the background slideshow? I want vertical oriented photos to cycle through for the vertical monitor and then horizontal oriented ones for the main...
  3. Different folders per monitor for background slideshow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different folders per monitor for background slideshow: I have 2 monitors and one is set up vertically and one the standard horizontal. Is it possible to have two different folders for the background slideshow? I want vertical oriented photos to cycle through for the vertical monitor and then horizontal oriented ones for the main...
  4. Dual slide show on Dual monitors at different resolutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual slide show on Dual monitors at different resolutions: I have Windows 11 running on a dual monitor setup, but each monitor is a different size and native resolution. ie 3440 x 1440 21:9 ultra wide and a 4k 3840 x 3160 16:9. I want to run two different wallpaper slide shows from different directories. I would have thought...
  5. Different images as backgrounds on different Monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different images as backgrounds on different Monitors: I am currently unable to set different images as backgrounds on my different monitors. This is what I see when I try to do so:I have tried using methods I found in other threads to fix this problem. I have tried switching to duplicate display and back to extend as well as...
  6. Different images as backgrounds on different Monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different images as backgrounds on different Monitors: I am currently unable to set different images as backgrounds on my different monitors. This is what I see when I try to do so:I have tried using methods I found in other threads to fix this problem. I have tried switching to duplicate display and back to extend as well as...
  7. Different images as backgrounds on different Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. windows 10 desktop background slide show

windows 10 desktop background slide show: Hi, I'm trying to get a bit of help here. I've gotten a new computer with windows 10 on it and I'm trying to get the desktop background to play a collage of my photo's just like the lock screen does. I've done a lot of searching for this and none of the info I've found seems...
  9. Desktop Background different on dual monitors

Desktop Background different on dual monitors: Windows 10 Pro. Two monitors: Monitor 1 is 3840 X 2160. Monitor 2 set to Main Display is 1920 X 1080. The Desktop Background is set to "Slideshow" and "Fit" The Desktop Background is different for the two monitors though they change at the same time. If I set the background...
  10. Can't Set Different Wallpapers Per Monitor

Can't Set Different Wallpapers Per Monitor: Hello TenForums, I've got a b*tchin' multi monitor setup, and I had it set up to pull different wallpapers from my 3 gigs of dank papes. Each screen had a different wallpaper, and one would change every 30 minutes. Besides the fact that, if you number the monitors 1,2,3 left...