Windows 10: Set Firefox/gmail as my default mail client

Discus and support Set Firefox/gmail as my default mail client in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Clicking on an mailto link in Excel or Word no longer brings me to Firefox and gmail. I have Windows 10. My default browser is set to Firefox. Website... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by cweedon, Nov 4, 2017.

1. cweedon Win User

Set Firefox/gmail as my default mail client

Clicking on an mailto link in Excel or Word no longer brings me to Firefox and gmail. I have Windows 10. My default browser is set to Firefox. Website hyperlinks in Excel or Word work fine, taking me to Firefox. Within Firefox the mailto is set to gmail and this works if I am in Firefox.
    Under Windows/Control panel/Default apps/email Firefox is not listed as an option.
    Any ideas?

:)

cweedon, Nov 4, 2017
  2. JimWynne Win User

How to set Firefox (Gmail) as Windows' default service for email links

Of course GMail is not a program. And this is why OutlookCalendarScroll was asking "How to set
    Firefox as Windows' default for email
    ", and why we are talking mostly about Firefox, and not about Gmail here. The webservice you choose in Firefox doesn't change in any way my solution. We are talking here about how can we force Windows 10
    to open all email links with Firefox. The manner Firefox reacts to these links well that's another story (Story i mentionned in "NB" section, but here we are in a Microsoft forum, so i don't want to develop more on this point, there is all informations you
    need on this point here :
    https://support.mozilla.org/fr/products/firefox
    ).

And sure, you need to have Firefox installed on your computer if you want to launch Firefox on your computer...

Wrong, wrong, wrong. We're talking about setting the Gmail web service as the default mail client, which you acknowledge can't be done. Having the "send to" or "Mail to" prompts open Firefox doesn't address the issue. Even if one has Firefox
    set to open Gmail when it starts it won't accomplish such things as placing attachments in an email message, which can be done if a proper email client is set as the Windows default.

JimWynne, Nov 4, 2017
  3. How to set Firefox (Gmail) as Windows' default service for email links

I am sorry but you don't read the initial request correctly, i suggest you to open another question.

OutlookCalendarScroll just want Firefox to do the same as Chrome already does on his computer. Obviously, "send to -> mail recipient" doesn't work with those programs, but he don't care as many others.

Things you want is a common issue for not using a proper email client. If you absolutely need this to work, i guess you have to give up right now the internet browser idea.

And since last Windows 10 update, "send to -> mail recipient" functionnality seems to be broken, for e-ve-ry-one. There is no magic here...

Quendinator, Nov 4, 2017
Thema:

Set Firefox/gmail as my default mail client

1. Set Firefox/gmail as my default mail client - Similar Threads - Set Firefox gmail

2. Problem with registry setting default e-mail client

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with registry setting default e-mail client: In Windows 10, I was using Outlook desktop as my default e-mail client. I then changed the default app to "Thunderbird" When I look in the registry Current User Software Clients Mail it still shows "Microsoft Outlook" as the default mail app. This is affecting how our...
  3. Problem with registry setting default e-mail client

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with registry setting default e-mail client: In Windows 10, I was using Outlook desktop as my default e-mail client. I then changed the default app to "Thunderbird" When I look in the registry Current User Software Clients Mail it still shows "Microsoft Outlook" as the default mail app. This is affecting how our...
  4. Either there is no default mail client

in Windows 10 Customization
    Either there is no default mail client: Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client....
  5. Default mail client warning

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Default mail client warning: I keep getting the warning below, although I have Outlook as the default mail client. How can I stop getting this warning. Thank you in advance for your help. [img] 153835
  6. Can't set Windows 10 Mail app as default mail client

Can't set Windows 10 Mail app as default mail client: If I right click a file and select Send To I get a dialog stating that no default mail client has been installed. I have set Mail as the default client in Settings/System/Default Apps but that has no effect. I've checked the registry key...
  7. [SOLVED] Info on setting up Gmail as the default using Firefox?

in Browsers and Email
    [SOLVED] Info on setting up Gmail as the default using Firefox?: I am looking to configure W10 Pro 1809 to use Gmail as the default mailbox, opened in Firefox which is already the default browser. The are numerous web articles but their instructions refer to menu objects that were renamed and moved. So, I got nowhere. Can anyone please...
  8. Info on setting up Gmail as the default using Firefox?

in Windows 10 Support
    Info on setting up Gmail as the default using Firefox?: I am looking to configure W10 Pro 1809 to use Gmail as the default mailbox, opened in Firefox which is already the default browser. The are numerous web articles but their instructions refer to menu objects that were renamed and moved. So, I got nowhere. Can anyone please...
  9. Outlook Default Mail Client

Outlook Default Mail Client: Following earlier instructions (using windows 10) I set outlook as my default e-mail client for in both Outlook and my registry. When I use my scanner (Brother MFC-J4420DW printer) to scan to E-Mail I get the message: "Either there is no default mail client or the current...
  10. Make Gmail a Default Mail Client in Windows 10

Make Gmail a Default Mail Client in Windows 10: Windows 10 only has two options for default email clients. Outlook and Mail. I'd like to add Gmail, and make that my default since Outlook goes through periods of several days where it won't send emails. Receives them, won't send. How do I make Gmail an option? Thanks....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. CAN i USE FIREFOX AS MY DEFAULT WITH gMAIL?