Windows 10: Set hibernation as "default" sleep

Discus and support Set hibernation as "default" sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Is there a way to configure windows so every time a sleep is triggered indirectly (i.e. by a 3rd-party SW) than windows will automaticaly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by plonilmoni, May 26, 2017.

1. Set hibernation as "default" sleep

Hello,

Is there a way to configure windows so every time a sleep is triggered indirectly (i.e. by a 3rd-party SW) than windows will automaticaly hibernate instead of entering a "regular" sleep ?

:)

plonilmoni, May 26, 2017

2. Sleep & Hibernate issues

For some time now, my computer will not go into "Sleep" or "Hibernate" mode, unless I force it manually. In "Settings" , "Power & Sleep", I have it set to "Sleep" after 4 hours, but it does not go into "Sleep" mode, and stays on until I turn off the computer.
    I can put it in "Sleep" mode manually from the "Start" menu power button icon, and I can do the same for "Hibernate". There is no setting for "Hibernate", under "Settings" , "Power & Sleep". How can I get the settings to work for "Sleep", and how can I add
    "Hibernate" to the "Power & Sleep" menu in "Settings"?

AlanRosenbaum, May 26, 2017
  3. Dadramel Win User
    Waking the laptop up with a wireless keyboard

It was already set as default if you mean "allow hibernate sleep" setting. Moreover i put the notebook to sleep the same way every time and it can be woken up when plugged, not really when unplugged. That's the only difference, I might add i've tried changing
    the settings in "advanced" regarding those "on battery" to look exactly like those "plugged" ones. Didn't help.

Dadramel, May 26, 2017
Thema:

Set hibernation as "default" sleep

1. Set hibernation as "default" sleep - Similar Threads - Set hibernation default

2. Sleep and Hibernate Ignored

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep and Hibernate Ignored: Starting about a week ago my Win 10 system doesn't sleep or hibernate as I request. Although it appears to be OK when I click on "Sleep" or "Hibernate" when I leave the office, when I return a few hours later it only resumes with a restart. In the past they both worked fine,...
  3. BSOD on sleep/hibernate

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on sleep/hibernate: I am getting a BSOD often when my PC goes into sleep mode. It is not every time, and the error codes I'm getting are different. This started about a month ago and has generated CRITICAL STRUCTURE CORRUPTION, KERNEL THREAD PRIORITY FLOOR VIOLATION, IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, PAGE...
  4. Problem with sleep and hibernation

Problem with sleep and hibernation: This problem seems to have suddenly come out of nowhere. I've done Malware scans and they've turned up nothing and I have looked all over the internet to find an answer and have gotten nowhere. When I try to put my computer to sleep , not a few seconds after my moniters turn...
  5. Sleep & Hibernate

Sleep & Hibernate: Other than maybe creating a custom power plan via Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options > Create a Power Plan, how do I get my laptop to sleep or hibernate automatically? Long story short, I was using my laptop and Microsoft Edge to watch shows on CBS.com last...
  6. Sleep and hibernation

Sleep and hibernation: When I put my windows 10 PC to sleep it wakes up again after about 5 minutes, I have also tried hibernation mode and that does not work either, even when unplugging mouse, keyboard and, HDMI lead it still wakes up, I have even tried turning off notifications but still no...
  7. Power settings(sleep, hibernate) do not work

Power settings(sleep, hibernate) do not work: my settings for sleep and hibernate are not working. The power does not shut off after 20 minutes as in settings Any help? Moved from: MSN / Settings and personalization / Location settings / Windows 10 ***Title modified from: power settings***...
  8. Sleep Reason: Hibernate from Sleep - Fixed Timeout - Set Never?

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Reason: Hibernate from Sleep - Fixed Timeout - Set Never?: I recently did a fresh install of Win 10 Creative Update. I have Hibernate on my pc set to Never. My computer is set to Sleep after 20 minutes which works fine. After it goes to sleep a minute later I can hit a key and it will return from sleep. The problem is after a long...
  9. Sleep and hibernate command line

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep and hibernate command line: How to do them without breaking something? Sleep in my computers are hybrid (desktop) and not hybrid (laptop). Quick boot is off. 94012
  10. Hibernate and sleep problem?

in Windows 10 Support
    Hibernate and sleep problem?: When I set my PC to hibernate or sleep, it no longer works the way it used to. It basically shuts down completely. How can I fix this? 93503