Windows 10: Set hibernation as "default" sleep

Discus and support Set hibernation as "default" sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Is there a way to configure windows so every time a sleep is triggered indirectly (i.e. by a 3rd-party SW) than windows will automaticaly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by plonilmoni, May 26, 2017.

1. Set hibernation as "default" sleep

Hello,

Is there a way to configure windows so every time a sleep is triggered indirectly (i.e. by a 3rd-party SW) than windows will automaticaly hibernate instead of entering a "regular" sleep ?

:)

plonilmoni, May 26, 2017

2. Sleep & Hibernate issues

For some time now, my computer will not go into "Sleep" or "Hibernate" mode, unless I force it manually. In "Settings" , "Power & Sleep", I have it set to "Sleep" after 4 hours, but it does not go into "Sleep" mode, and stays on until I turn off the computer.
    I can put it in "Sleep" mode manually from the "Start" menu power button icon, and I can do the same for "Hibernate". There is no setting for "Hibernate", under "Settings" , "Power & Sleep". How can I get the settings to work for "Sleep", and how can I add
    "Hibernate" to the "Power & Sleep" menu in "Settings"?

AlanRosenbaum, May 26, 2017
  3. Dadramel Win User
    Waking the laptop up with a wireless keyboard

It was already set as default if you mean "allow hibernate sleep" setting. Moreover i put the notebook to sleep the same way every time and it can be woken up when plugged, not really when unplugged. That's the only difference, I might add i've tried changing
    the settings in "advanced" regarding those "on battery" to look exactly like those "plugged" ones. Didn't help.

Dadramel, May 26, 2017
Thema:

Set hibernation as "default" sleep

1. Set hibernation as "default" sleep - Similar Threads - Set hibernation default

2. Windows 10/11 sleep/hibernation settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10/11 sleep/hibernation settings: I'm using Windows 11 and I realise that everytime my laptop is in sleep mode at night and eventually goes into hibernation, the apps that were open, ie Microsoft edge are minimised on return. is that normal?...
  3. Windows 10/11 sleep/hibernation settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10/11 sleep/hibernation settings: I'm using Windows 11 and I realise that everytime my laptop is in sleep mode at night and eventually goes into hibernation, the apps that were open, ie Microsoft edge are minimised on return. is that normal?...
  4. Hibernate doesn't hibernate but goes into sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernate doesn't hibernate but goes into sleep: Hello,I have an issue with hibernate, when I hit the hibernate button, my laptop does not go into hibernate but it seems like it goes into sleep.This problem does not happen right after a restart but only after the laptop is running for a while.I noticed this when I...
  5. Hibernate doesn't hibernate but goes into sleep

Hibernate doesn't hibernate but goes into sleep: Hello,I have an issue with hibernate, when I hit the hibernate button my laptop does not go into hibernate but it seems like it goes into sleep.This problem does not happen right after a restart but only after the laptop is running for a while.I noticed this when I...
  6. Sleep setting defaults to 2 hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sleep setting defaults to 2 hours: Sleep setting defaults to 2 hours I usually keep my sleep setting at 'Never' but lately, the setting gets changed to '2 hours' after a reboot. I can't get it to stay at 'Never.' This has been happening since I clean installed in August. Edition: Windows 10 Education...
  7. Sleep & Hibernate

Sleep & Hibernate: Other than maybe creating a custom power plan via Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options > Create a Power Plan, how do I get my laptop to sleep or hibernate automatically? Long story short, I was using my laptop and Microsoft Edge to watch shows on CBS.com last...
  8. Sleep and hibernation

Sleep and hibernation: When I put my windows 10 PC to sleep it wakes up again after about 5 minutes, I have also tried hibernation mode and that does not work either, even when unplugging mouse, keyboard and, HDMI lead it still wakes up, I have even tried turning off notifications but still no...
  9. Power settings(sleep, hibernate) do not work

Power settings(sleep, hibernate) do not work: my settings for sleep and hibernate are not working. The power does not shut off after 20 minutes as in settings Any help? Moved from: MSN / Settings and personalization / Location settings / Windows 10 ***Title modified from: power settings***...
  10. Sleep Reason: Hibernate from Sleep - Fixed Timeout - Set Never?

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Reason: Hibernate from Sleep - Fixed Timeout - Set Never?: I recently did a fresh install of Win 10 Creative Update. I have Hibernate on my pc set to Never. My computer is set to Sleep after 20 minutes which works fine. After it goes to sleep a minute later I can hit a key and it will return from sleep. The problem is after a long...