Windows 10: set items in order i want

Discus and support set items in order i want in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In the documents folder I have a folder called my tournament games In that folder I have my chess tournament games I cannot find how to manually set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wood, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Wood Win User

set items in order i want

In the documents folder I have a folder called my tournament games
    In that folder I have my chess tournament games
    I cannot find how to manually set the order myself
    I want to put them in order by dragging and dropping or whatever way is available, so far I have not been able to do so.

:)

Wood, Dec 2, 2015

2. How can I change the order of pinned items in Windows 10? (It works on Win7 & Win8)

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

You can pin but you can't make it in the order wise. For example- You want desktop icon to be replaced in the picture section and picture icon to be on top. It is not possible.

You may provide feedback through Windows feedback app.

Thank you.

Uttam Yadav, Dec 2, 2015
  3. How can I change the order of pinned items in Windows 10? (It works on Win7 & Win8)

In another link it was suggested that you unpin all the files and then repin them in the order you want. Did that. Now my jump list is shorter and the Recent section won't even show any files.

Why would some one actually degrade software performance? I know, it happens all the time.

KevinEntwistle, Dec 2, 2015
  4. AndreyT Win User

The ability to manually reorder files in folders existed in Windows XP. Later versions of Windows don't have that feature immediately available to the user. You can manually arrange items on desktop, but not in file folders as displayed by File Explorer.

That feature can be restored in later version of Windows by making some manual registry tweaks, so I guess there must be a similar registry hack for Windows 10.

And here it is: Auto Arrange in Folders - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Other than that the only thing you can do in file folders is change sorting modes: by name, by time etc. (and similarly - grouping modes, but that's a different story). So, if you really want to manually influence the order in which your files are displayed, one workaround would be to rename them: give them prefixes like '01...', '02 ...', '03...' etc. and then switch to "sort by name" mode.

AndreyT, Dec 2, 2015
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. set items in order i want - Similar Threads - set items order

2. How do I change the order of items in the navigation pane?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the order of items in the navigation pane?: As you can see, MEGA and One Drive are on the top with Home Folder, but Dropbox an Gdrive are on the bottom, I want them all to be in one place, top or bottom, or... I know Windows doesn't have that freature, but maybe from Registry? "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\CLSID"...
  3. How do I change the order of items in the navigation pane?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the order of items in the navigation pane?: As you can see, MEGA and One Drive are on the top with Home Folder, but Dropbox an Gdrive are on the bottom, I want them all to be in one place, top or bottom, or... I know Windows doesn't have that freature, but maybe from Registry? "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\CLSID"...
  4. can I delete a item ordered from account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can I delete a item ordered from account: can I delete a item ordered from account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-a-item-ordered-from-account/18cb2c07-2dd3-4660-829d-685f98bf65e4
  5. can I delete a item ordered from account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can I delete a item ordered from account: can I delete a item ordered from account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-a-item-ordered-from-account/18cb2c07-2dd3-4660-829d-685f98bf65e4
  6. I want more settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want more settings: We want More Settings like work mode or gaming mod control the brightness or light Like more light less light That will be good at gaming mode or work mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-more-settings/8a88a4c6-c962-4f86-950c-190639e940a0
  7. Perfmon doesn't monitor items i want.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Perfmon doesn't monitor items i want.: I am using data collector set and i am doing that in a same way, as when i add items in the performance monitor! I launch it as admin and click on user defined -> new -> data collector set -> Create Manually (Advanced) -> Create data logs, Performance Counter -> add and than...
  8. Change Item Order in "New" Context Menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Item Order in "New" Context Menu?: W10: LTSB 2016 (build 1607). Basically this menu: [ATTACH] Is there a way to sort the order? Other methods don't seem to work with this sub-menu. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks! :) 154136
  9. 2 settings items

in Windows 10 Support
    2 settings items: hi forum, i usually use tutorials here but i didn't find 2 of the items in the settings, so i created account to ask here, maybe someone can help, thanks in advance. Windows 10 enterprise x64 version 1803 or 1809 (i have both) 1) Settings > Privacy > General > Show me...
  10. How do I organize the order in which the taskbar items show?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I organize the order in which the taskbar items show?: I would like to put the taskbar items in a specific order but don't know how to do that. 37711