Windows 10: Set ".manifest" file to open with Notepad. Will it cause problem ?

Discus and support Set ".manifest" file to open with Notepad. Will it cause problem ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have associated ".manifest" file to open with Notepad. Will this cause a problem ? I have been playing around with some manifest files and have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by FredM8, Mar 11, 2017.

1. FredM8 Win User

Set ".manifest" file to open with Notepad. Will it cause problem ?

I have associated ".manifest" file to open with Notepad. Will this cause a problem ?

I have been playing around with some manifest files and have accidentally associated to open with Notepad by default.

Prior to this it had no default programme associated with it, at least non that I could see.

I have looked around and found that there are all sorts of ways of changing/saving/importing/exporting/ windows file associations. But nothing that I can find for just the one file, in this case the ".manifest" file back to no association.

Can I remove this Notepad association from the .manifest file, or is it OK just to leave it ?

:)

FredM8, Mar 11, 2017

2. " Nokia Simple " theme - where it this theme?

hi,

Some days ago on page
    http://ea.mobile.nokia.com/content/spin/ea/6120c/en/theme/index.xhtml
    or in phone (nokia 6120c) themes/general/download themes/ was very cool theme (light cream white, black fonts) " Nokia Simple ", now its dissapear from this site. Where i can get it?
    or maybe somebody has it and could send to me.

thx

szympek123, Mar 11, 2017
  3. okinawa---01, Mar 11, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

No, it won't do any harm to leave it.

If you want to remove the association you'll need to edit the registry and remove a few keys. This tutorial...
    Restore Default File Type Associations in Windows 10
    ...has .reg files to do that for some other extensions, such as the .bak one. If you feel confident editing the registry that example will show you where to look. If you don't, then you could ask @Brink to add .manifest to the list.

5. FredM8 Win User
    Many thank for the info Bree.
    I will probably just leave it as it is. I was feeling quite smug with myself as I had just completed a "Restore Drive" with a fresh install of the OS and my programmes plus all of the updates. Then clone it to HDD, wrap it up in a anti static bag and put it away until I need to do fresh install again. Then I just clone it back and start all over again. I should have done this years ago !
    Thank again.

FredM8, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Set ".manifest" file to open with Notepad. Will it cause problem ? - Similar Threads - Set manifest file

2. manifest files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    manifest files: i recently accidently deleted some manifest files for adobe flash. Will this effect my computer? Possibly create errors? Or am I overeacting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/manifest-files/75522568-c516-4c75-850d-7aa08085f67b
  3. winsxs manifest files

winsxs manifest files: Hi so i recently accedentially deleted a manifest file for adobe flash so will this effect my computer? will it make it slower? or will it not effect it at all? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/winsxs-manifest-files/d93cc175-6698-4aa6-95ce-ba6d7543ed57
  4. Manifest file is missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Manifest file is missing: Since the Windows update of 10/21/2020 the following has happened: on booting, error states "manifest file is missing" and displays the address Windows/system32/tower_main. In addition, system does not save passwords beyond the session, i.e. you have to put in passwords...
  5. Json file opens in notepad

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Json file opens in notepad: Ok so dont hate me too much cause I dont know anything about programming So here's my problem I got a game and I found out you could mod the game and change the map for that you needed an json file of the map which you would overwrite one of your saved maps with and I...
  6. Files opening with Notepad

Files opening with Notepad: i have a issue where all my .rpf files are opening with notepad. how would i get them back to normal? the icon was a white piece of paper before if its any help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-opening-with-notepad/97a85f6f-c2f4-43a6-9c92-1e4e69ddaf28
  7. debug-file-opens-in-notepad

in Windows 10 Customization
    debug-file-opens-in-notepad: A notepad file text below opens up whenever I boot up my desktop computer. What does it mean? How do I deal with this? [0312/211005.586:ERROR:process_info.cc329] VirtualQueryEx: Access is denied. 0x5 [0312/211005.587:ERROR:process_info.cc556] ReadMemoryInfo failed...
  8. Rar files opening in Notepad

in Windows 10 Support
    Rar files opening in Notepad: I play games such as Sims 4 and I download custom content. A good portion of the stuff I download are RAR files. I accidentally clicked "Always open with notepad" and I can no longer get it to be just a normal file. I would like to know how to make it not open as a notepad...
  9. Can't set notepad to open .srt files by default

Can't set notepad to open .srt files by default: Hi ! Strange problem I have... I used to always open .srt files (mainly movie subtitles) with the notepad, but I installed a new application (a media player called PotPlayer). It became the default application for .srt files, but I just can't make the notepad to be the...
  10. .smod file type accidently set to "open with" Notepad

.smod file type accidently set to "open with" Notepad: Well...… from what the subject says, I am stuck with a notepad being stuck to the .smod file association. The problem is I have no way to set it back to default, even when going into the registry. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] There are no guides I could find, no File association...