Windows 10: Set Minimum Height for Scroll Bar?

Discus and support Set Minimum Height for Scroll Bar? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This one might not make sense to most, but I often make use of the scroll bar by dragging it to get to where I need to be in a document. Sometimes I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by That Random Guy, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Set Minimum Height for Scroll Bar?

This one might not make sense to most, but I often make use of the scroll bar by dragging it to get to where I need to be in a document.

Sometimes I have a file with a lot of text and I'll know where a specific value's location is but don't like spending time hitting the down key to get there.

When it's cases like that (i.e. too much text), I notice that the scroll bar becomes way too small and I would like to set a minimum height to it if possible.

Does anyone know how this could be done?

:)

That Random Guy, Jan 15, 2018

2. AFter setting desired text & icon size, windows height now to large

On my Windows 10, 1703, after setting my screen resolution to the recommended size, and upping the percent to 150%, it then provided the text and icon sizes that I desired. However, these settings have effected certain windows, making their height too large
    for the screen where the buttons fall beneath the bottom of the screen and unaccessible. Many of these windows, default to a minimum size that can be made larger, but not smaller in order to display the bottom buttons. Believe me that being a windows user
    since 3.1, I have tried everything possible to resize the windows to no avail.

Anyway, the only way I have found to correct this issue, is to drop the display percent setting, or increase the monitor resolution, but both of these decreases the desired font and icon sizes. Windows 10 used to provide a feature that would allow adjusting
    the text and icon sizes for a number of different items, allowing me to reduce the resolution/percent, and then increase the font/icon sizes. This was called the "Advanced Settings", which was at the bottom of the display settings page.

However, some Microsoft wizard, apparently did not think this setting important, and removed this availability, but apparently forgot to insure that when windows were too large in height, to adjust for the height of the monitor. Or at least, provide a scroll
    bar to allow being able to scroll down to the bottom buttons. So, can someone advise how I can increase the font/icon sizes, while shrinking the height of windows?

Dave -Laptop, Jan 15, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Jump list

THANKS, that works. It even created a scrolling list if the number creates a list that exceeds the screen height. NOW MICROSOFT, add this setting to the Taskbar properties settings!!!!!

TomElam_0000, Jan 15, 2018
Thema:

Set Minimum Height for Scroll Bar?

1. Set Minimum Height for Scroll Bar? - Similar Threads - Set Minimum Height

2. Scroll Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scroll Bar: I have lost my scroll bar. Tried restart but that didn't help.How do I get back the scroll bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scroll-bar/79826604-0692-46e1-9d6a-7c3cffbaee72
  3. Height of the Task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Height of the Task bar: Hi, I would like to know if there is an option/solution for the taskbar to get automatically bigger when there are too many buttons on it. I would then have a second row of buttons.I know I can manually make it bigger so I will have two rows but it will be permanently bigger,...
  4. Height of the Task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Height of the Task bar: Hi, I would like to know if there is an option/solution for the taskbar to get automatically bigger when there are too many buttons on it. I would then have a second row of buttons.I know I can manually make it bigger so I will have two rows but it will be permanently bigger,...
  5. Height of the Task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Windows Explorer address bar + search bar height?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Explorer address bar + search bar height?: [ATTACH] This came in a recent Windows 10 update for me. I've tried Googling the answer but all posts are for changing the width (just dragging it..), something about Winaero Tweaker (which I've tried), and one post about editing something in registry:...
  7. scroll bar

scroll bar: When I look at a folder with a lot of pictures which take up more than one page I cannot get the scroll bar to stay at the bottom of the page more than a few seconds which does not give me enough time to look through very many images before it returns back to the top. I did...
  8. Scroll Bar Not Scrolling

Scroll Bar Not Scrolling: On some websites, the scroll bar just doesn't scroll down. It's not like it's not there, it just doesn't move at all. Trying to drag it or press the buttons at the top or bottom doesn't work either. You can see the issuehere. Are any of you other guys having this problem?...
  9. Scroll bars

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scroll bars: I am having problems with lists that have scroll bars. Best example is the navigation pane of File Explorer. If a vertical scroll bar is present the navigation panel will jitter (flicker)! If I expand file explorer vertically so that the scroll bar disappears the jitter will...
  10. Scroll Bar

Scroll Bar: Every time I go to my photo folder where I have 100's of files and pictures, I scroll down 50-60 rows of pictures and while looking at the pictures, after 20-30 seconds the scroll bars automatically scrolls all the way to the top on its own. (Every Time I scroll down) I...