Windows 10: Set Now Playing Artist Art in Groove Music as Wallpaper in Windows 10

Discus and support Set Now Playing Artist Art in Groove Music as Wallpaper in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Good work @Brink ! *Thumbs Probably worth noting: if users want to return to their original background, they have to go back and change it manually:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Edwin, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Edwin New Member

Set Now Playing Artist Art in Groove Music as Wallpaper in Windows 10

Good work @Brink ! *Thumbs

Probably worth noting: if users want to return to their original background, they have to go back and change it manually:

Set Now Playing Artist Art in Groove Music as Wallpaper in Windows 10 [​IMG]

:)

Edwin, Feb 3, 2018
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Desktop Background and Lock Screen Keep Changing

Hi Christina,

This is actually a setting in Groove music that you can turn off . . .

In Groove Music click 'Settings' (gear icon)

In the Display artist art section, turn off 'Set Now Playing artist as my wallpaper'

That should do it!

DaveM121, Feb 3, 2018
  3. RobJLau Win User
    Display Artist Art in wallpaper and lockscreen

I noticed settings in Groove "Display artist art - Set the Now Playing artist art as my lock screen" and "Display artist art - Set the Now Playing artist art as my wallpaper".

I have enabled both, but nothing has changed on either lock screen or wallpaper. Checked under windows settings / personalization, no change there either.

Does anyone know if this is working anywhere; if so, what do I need to do to get this running.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

RobJLau, Feb 3, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Good point. Added to note in tutorial.

Brink, Feb 3, 2018
  5. Edwin New Member
    If you want to fetch the "GroovePaper" images while they are in place, in your native resolution, and save them to use at will, (personal use only!), at a later date, (although, the images usually aren't the greatest looking images); showing Hidden Files, Folders and Drives, navigate to C:\Users\{your name}\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\CachedFiles, and copy them to your Wallpaper folder.

Edwin, Feb 3, 2018
  6. AndreTen Win User
    No CachedFiles folder here. Is it optional - or is location changing with versions (this is Insider version)

AndreTen, Feb 3, 2018
  7. Cliff S New Member
    None here either:

Cliff S, Feb 3, 2018
  8. Edwin New Member

Odd!
    Try the TranscodedWallpaper, copy it to the Desktop and give it an .png extension...

Edwin, Feb 3, 2018
  9. AndreTen Win User
    TranscodedWallpaper is there, was just curious *Smile

AndreTen, Feb 3, 2018
  10. Edwin New Member
    Must be a Build thing... I'm on 16299.214

Edwin, Feb 3, 2018
  11. Cliff S New Member
    Nope, same build here*Wink

Cliff S, Feb 3, 2018
  12. AndreTen Win User
    I'm on Insider. 17083.

AndreTen, Feb 3, 2018
  13. Cliff S New Member

Hey Shawn, something interesting.
    Remember how I said when I started using this wallpaper option it deleted all the artist information I had before?

Well this morning I installed older .inf(10.1.1.42(z270 and older) instead of 10.1.1.45(z370)) files to get Catzilla to run as per doorules instructions(see here: Catzilla Benchmark - Page 21 - Windows 10 Forums ) now Groove has repopulated everything*Confused

Cliff S, Feb 21, 2018
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Interesting. You wouldn't think that would be related.

Brink, Feb 21, 2018
  15. Cliff S New Member
    Yeah, or maybe just a coincidence...

Cliff S, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Set Now Playing Artist Art in Groove Music as Wallpaper in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Set Playing Artist

2. "Display artist art - Set the Now Playing artist art as my wallpaper" Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Display artist art - Set the Now Playing artist art as my wallpaper" Not Working: Hey Microsoft I enabled this option "Display artist art - Set the Now Playing artist art as my wallpaper" In Groove Music Windows 10 But it Doesn't worked to me :( Does anyone know if this is working anywhere; if so, what do I need to do to get this running Help me :)...
  3. Unable setting artist art

Unable setting artist art: Guys, I'm unable to set artist art in my Groove Music, since my last update. Please help me to set it back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-setting-artist-art/77b82061-bf01-4487-91a6-7c92478b5d59
  4. Groove Music : artist art issue

Groove Music : artist art issue: For several weeks, the view of Groove is changed. My collection on my PC was displayed correctly 100%. Then, there is a disappearance of all the photos of the artists thumbnails, and a few days later, incomplete recurrence: thumbnails without pictures and bibliography,...
  5. Artist Art on Groove (Windows 10)

Artist Art on Groove (Windows 10): So,first of all there is Artist Art missing for some artist . Second : While playing shouldn't the artist art that is displayed be for the ALBUM ARTIST & not the 'Contributing artist' because more than 1 Artist might be contributing and for that there is no Artist art, so...
  6. Groove music doesn't recognize Artist, Album and Cover

Groove music doesn't recognize Artist, Album and Cover: Hi, Since I changed the folder of my music, Groove hasn't been able to recognize the albums and artists. I have tried: - Deleting the groove app and redownloading it. - Checking security of the folders and mp3 files. - Resetting the database:...
  7. GROOVE MUSIC EQUALISER SETTINGS?

GROOVE MUSIC EQUALISER SETTINGS?: Can someone suggest the best equaliser settings in groove music that comes with the dell laptops? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-groove/groove-music-equaliser-settings/a84e3a2a-bb7d-4d86-a47b-5f2d7b9c4f78
  8. Groove Music doesn't show artist correctly

Groove Music doesn't show artist correctly: [img] Look in the screenshot above. One album shows as "Unknown artist", and the other as "Various Artist". There is no album artist tag in my MP3 files, and the tags in the files all follow the same scheme. What could be happening? 69806
  9. How to Edit Artist Artwork in Groove Music?

How to Edit Artist Artwork in Groove Music?: Hello, I wanted to know how to change artist artwork in Groove Music. I have a band that does not have the right artwork in the "Artists" category. Any idea how to change this? Or is there no way and maybe the new Anniversary update will fix it? Thanks so much! *Smile...
  10. Set Now Playing Artist Art in Groove Music as Lock Screen - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set Now Playing Artist Art in Groove Music as Lock Screen - Windows 10: [img] 103674