Windows 10: Set Now Playing Artist Art in Groove Music as Wallpaper in Windows 10

Discus and support Set Now Playing Artist Art in Groove Music as Wallpaper in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Set Now Playing Artist Art in Groove Music as Wallpaper in Windows 10 How to Set Now Playing Artist Art in Groove Music app as Desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Edwin, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Edwin New Member

Set Now Playing Artist Art in Groove Music as Wallpaper in Windows 10

How to: Set Now Playing Artist Art in Groove Music as Wallpaper in Windows 10

How to Set Now Playing Artist Art in Groove Music app as Desktop Background in Windows 10

The included Groove Music app in Windows 10 allows you to listen to your favorite music on your Windows, iOS, and Android devices. You can create a playlist with music you've purchased or uploaded to OneDrive or pick your background music on Xbox One.

Starting with version 10.17112.1531.0, Groove Music app allows you to turn on or off having the Now Playing artist art display as your desktop background wallpaper.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off setting the Now Playing artist art in the Groove Music app as the desktop background wallpaper for your account in Windows 10.

*note If you wanted to restore your original desktop background wallpaper, you will need to manually change it.

*note If the artist art for your Now Playing isn't populated in My music > Artists in Groove Music, then it will not change your desktop background wallpaper since there isn't any artist art available.

Set Now Playing Artist Art in Groove Music as Wallpaper in Windows 10 [​IMG]

EXAMPLE: Now Playing artist art from Groove Music displaying as desktop background wallpaper

Here's How:

1. While you have the Groove Music app open, click/tap on the Settings (gear) icon at the bottom left. (see screenshot below)

2. In the Display artist art section, turn on or off (default) Set Now Playing artist as my wallpaper for what you want. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Edwin, Feb 3, 2018
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Desktop Background and Lock Screen Keep Changing

Hi Christina,

This is actually a setting in Groove music that you can turn off . . .

In Groove Music click 'Settings' (gear icon)

In the Display artist art section, turn off 'Set Now Playing artist as my wallpaper'

That should do it!

DaveM121, Feb 3, 2018
  3. RobJLau Win User
    Display Artist Art in wallpaper and lockscreen

I noticed settings in Groove "Display artist art - Set the Now Playing artist art as my lock screen" and "Display artist art - Set the Now Playing artist art as my wallpaper".

I have enabled both, but nothing has changed on either lock screen or wallpaper. Checked under windows settings / personalization, no change there either.

Does anyone know if this is working anywhere; if so, what do I need to do to get this running.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

RobJLau, Feb 3, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Good point. Added to note in tutorial.

Brink, Feb 3, 2018
  5. Edwin New Member
    If you want to fetch the "GroovePaper" images while they are in place, in your native resolution, and save them to use at will, (personal use only!), at a later date, (although, the images usually aren't the greatest looking images); showing Hidden Files, Folders and Drives, navigate to C:\Users\{your name}\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\CachedFiles, and copy them to your Wallpaper folder.

Edwin, Feb 3, 2018
  6. AndreTen Win User
    No CachedFiles folder here. Is it optional - or is location changing with versions (this is Insider version)

AndreTen, Feb 3, 2018
  7. Cliff S New Member
    None here either:

Cliff S, Feb 3, 2018
  8. Edwin New Member

Odd!
    Try the TranscodedWallpaper, copy it to the Desktop and give it an .png extension...

Edwin, Feb 3, 2018
  9. AndreTen Win User
    TranscodedWallpaper is there, was just curious *Smile

AndreTen, Feb 3, 2018
  10. Edwin New Member
    Must be a Build thing... I'm on 16299.214

Edwin, Feb 3, 2018
  11. Cliff S New Member
    Nope, same build here*Wink

Cliff S, Feb 3, 2018
  12. AndreTen Win User
    I'm on Insider. 17083.

AndreTen, Feb 3, 2018
  13. Cliff S New Member

Hey Shawn, something interesting.
    Remember how I said when I started using this wallpaper option it deleted all the artist information I had before?

Well this morning I installed older .inf(10.1.1.42(z270 and older) instead of 10.1.1.45(z370)) files to get Catzilla to run as per doorules instructions(see here: Catzilla Benchmark - Page 21 - Windows 10 Forums ) now Groove has repopulated everything*Confused

Cliff S, Feb 21, 2018
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Interesting. You wouldn't think that would be related.

Brink, Feb 21, 2018
  15. Cliff S New Member
    Yeah, or maybe just a coincidence...

Cliff S, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Set Now Playing Artist Art in Groove Music as Wallpaper in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Set Playing Artist

2. Groove Music Artist Art Blur

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Groove Music Artist Art Blur: Groove music just blurs the entire art for some reason and I am unable to find a way how to remove this feature. Please help me out. Thanks in advance! submitted by /u/Swimming-Bee340 [link] [comments]...
  3. Groove Music Artist Metadata

in Windows 10 Support
    Groove Music Artist Metadata: I'm trying to fix the artist metadata on Groove Music (i.e. Profile Picture and Description), but I can't find the folder on where it's at. Can somebody help? Build number: 18362.1139 167132
  4. Groove Music Unknown Album/Artist Album Art

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Groove Music Unknown Album/Artist Album Art: Having this issue with Groove Music for a long time where it acquires a random album art from the music collection and assigns it to files without a specific Album or Artist name in its metadata. It's really annoying and I was wondering if anyone here knew how to fix it. I've...
  5. Artist image in Groove Music

in Windows 10 Customization
    Artist image in Groove Music: I found out that some artists in the Groove Music app are provided with photos that are independent of the album cover. The same artists have high-resolution photos that are displayed in the visualization area. I would like to have all the artists provided with...
  6. Groove Music - Artist Wallpaper art not showing/rotating on new desktop pc.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Groove Music - Artist Wallpaper art not showing/rotating on new desktop pc.: Hi all, I have an issue with the Groove Music app on a new Windows 10 desktop pc. When music is playing the artist wallpaper art is not displaying at all or rotating. I contacted Microsoft via chat and after a lengthy 2 hours they advised me to uninstall the Groove app and...
  7. "Display artist art - Set the Now Playing artist art as my wallpaper" Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Display artist art - Set the Now Playing artist art as my wallpaper" Not Working: Hey Microsoft I enabled this option "Display artist art - Set the Now Playing artist art as my wallpaper" In Groove Music Windows 10 But it Doesn't worked to me :( Does anyone know if this is working anywhere; if so, what do I need to do to get this running Help me :)...
  8. Groove Music : artist art issue

Groove Music : artist art issue: For several weeks, the view of Groove is changed. My collection on my PC was displayed correctly 100%. Then, there is a disappearance of all the photos of the artists thumbnails, and a few days later, incomplete recurrence: thumbnails without pictures and bibliography,...
  9. Artist Art on Groove (Windows 10)

Artist Art on Groove (Windows 10): So,first of all there is Artist Art missing for some artist . Second : While playing shouldn't the artist art that is displayed be for the ALBUM ARTIST & not the 'Contributing artist' because more than 1 Artist might be contributing and for that there is no Artist art, so...
  10. Set Now Playing Artist Art in Groove Music as Lock Screen - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set Now Playing Artist Art in Groove Music as Lock Screen - Windows 10: How to: Set Now Playing Artist Art in Groove Music as Lock Screen - Windows 10 [img] Information The included Groove Music app in Windows 10 allows you to listen to your favorite music on your Windows, iOS, and Android devices. You can create a playlist with music you've...