Windows 10: Set "Open" and "Save As" windows view to "List" instead of "Details"?

Discus and support Set "Open" and "Save As" windows view to "List" instead of "Details"? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is it possible to change "Open" and "Save As" windows view to "List" instead of "Details" globally without having to set List view in File Explorer? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by lolnothankyou, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Set "Open" and "Save As" windows view to "List" instead of "Details"?

Is it possible to change "Open" and "Save As" windows view to "List" instead of "Details" globally without having to set List view in File Explorer? I would like to use Details view in File Explorer and List view for "Open" and "Save As" windows.

Can this be done via the Registry?

:)

lolnothankyou, Aug 10, 2018
  2. Andre Da Costa, Aug 10, 2018
  3. mrgeek Win User
    Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Aug 10, 2018
  4. Set "Open" and "Save As" windows view to "List" instead of "Details"?

win10 - windows explorer - always open in details view

Hello

just wondering if there is a setting I can set somewhere in windows10 explorer so that it always opens in details view instead of icons or list

thanks for any help

Robert

yellowsnakes, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

Set "Open" and "Save As" windows view to "List" instead of "Details"?

1. Set "Open" and "Save As" windows view to "List" instead of "Details"? - Similar Threads - Set Open Save

2. Changing desktop view to list or details not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing desktop view to list or details not working: I cannot get my desktop files to display in a list or details view. Ctrl+Shift+1 through 4 does work. The icons change from small to large.But Ctrl+Shift+5 through 9 does not work. I cannot get a list view or a details view.I'm using the numbers above the letter keys. The...
  3. Changing desktop view to list or details not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing desktop view to list or details not working: I cannot get my desktop files to display in a list or details view. Ctrl+Shift+1 through 4 does work. The icons change from small to large.But Ctrl+Shift+5 through 9 does not work. I cannot get a list view or a details view.I'm using the numbers above the letter keys. The...
  4. Changing desktop view to list or details not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Set default in File Explorer to List or Details View in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Set default in File Explorer to List or Details View in Windows 10: On my computer, File Explorer in Windows 10 defaults to the icons view. That is useful sometimes, but by default, I want File Explorer to permanently open documents to List View except for Pictures. How can I set the default view to List View?By default, when I open File...
  6. Changing the default View of files from "Details" to "List" in the "Save As" window of File...

Changing the default View of files from "Details" to "List" in the "Save As" window of File...: I already know how to change the View of folders and files in a File Explorer window. I always choose "List." I also know how to then apply make the default that same "List" View to all similar File Explorer windows. However, when I'm saving a document to my PC via the...
  7. What happened to my windows explorer detailed and list view?

What happened to my windows explorer detailed and list view?: [ATTACH]Suddenly my computer looks like this in "detail" view, the space between the folders/files is bigger than usual. I tried to reset the folders settings here: [ATTACH] but nothing changes, i don't really get it, all the other views look the same except my "list" view...
  8. Windows Explorer doesn't save the viewing-details

Windows Explorer doesn't save the viewing-details: In Windows 10, my Windows Explorer (File Manger) doesn't save the view details from one folder (directory) to another. When I select the details I want to show, such as Name, Date modified, Attributes, Size, etc., those settings aren't save when I go to a different folder....
  9. Details view columns doesnt open!

in Cortana
    Details view columns doesnt open!: 1st Q after opening a search results in details view then clicking the arrow beside columns to choose filters it does not open in most cases & for other open but give infinite computing status so once i click away from the pop up it closes then i can not scroll up/dn the...
  10. Set DefaultFolder view to Details

in Windows 10 Support
    Set DefaultFolder view to Details: I'm still confused as to how I can set my default folder view to "details" globally in windows 10. Sorry, I must be thick headed. 70218