Windows 10: Set "Open" and "Save As" windows view to "List" instead of "Details"?

Discus and support Set "Open" and "Save As" windows view to "List" instead of "Details"? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is it possible to change "Open" and "Save As" windows view to "List" instead of "Details" globally without having to set List view in File Explorer? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by lolnothankyou, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Set "Open" and "Save As" windows view to "List" instead of "Details"?

Is it possible to change "Open" and "Save As" windows view to "List" instead of "Details" globally without having to set List view in File Explorer? I would like to use Details view in File Explorer and List view for "Open" and "Save As" windows.

Can this be done via the Registry?

:)

lolnothankyou, Aug 10, 2018
  2. Andre Da Costa, Aug 10, 2018
  3. mrgeek Win User
    Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Aug 10, 2018
  4. Set "Open" and "Save As" windows view to "List" instead of "Details"?

win10 - windows explorer - always open in details view

Hello

just wondering if there is a setting I can set somewhere in windows10 explorer so that it always opens in details view instead of icons or list

thanks for any help

Robert

yellowsnakes, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

Set "Open" and "Save As" windows view to "List" instead of "Details"?

1. Set "Open" and "Save As" windows view to "List" instead of "Details"? - Similar Threads - Set Open Save

2. Change the details view right click option list?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change the details view right click option list?: In details view, when right clicking the header to add columns, is there a way to add Frame Width and Frame Height to that popup menu? Better yet would be making it automatically add those columns for folders with videos files, with Frame Width to the left of Frame Height?...
  3. Network Map Detailed view

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Map Detailed view: I set up a network when I used Windows 7, which has been inherited when I upgraded to Windows 10. It consists of: my PC, printer (wireless), WDTV, Sonos music thing and two routers. The second router simply extends my wireless cover. In Windows 7, I could display a network...
  4. search results - cannot save view settings

in Windows 10 Support
    search results - cannot save view settings: Hi, I have to ask this because this is the most frustrating issue on Windows 10 to me. It really needs an update to fix this. When searching in a folder, the search results view is always "Content". If I want "Details" view, I have to change to "Details" after every...
  5. Want to change File Explorer default View from "Details" to "List"

in Windows 10 Support
    Want to change File Explorer default View from "Details" to "List": Hi all, I have been searching the web for an answer to this question since first getting Windows 10 last year. I would like my File Explorer to open using the "List" view rather than the current default of "Details". I have seen many responses that reference how to change...
  6. Windows explorer in details view: Set filter dissapears/resets

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows explorer in details view: Set filter dissapears/resets: We recently upgraded from windows 7 computers to windows 10 computers. At this moment the windows explorer reacts differently than in windows 7. with windows 7 I never had problems with the windows explorer resetting the filters this is how I use the windows explorer a...
  7. Set DefaultFolder view to Details

in Windows 10 Support
    Set DefaultFolder view to Details: I'm still confused as to how I can set my default folder view to "details" globally in windows 10. Sorry, I must be thick headed. 70218
  8. save files instead of opening ... how to change ?

in Windows 10 Support
    save files instead of opening ... how to change ?: Hello *chuckle New to this forum. Also new to windows 10 somewhat. My problem is when I go to open files from email accounts ( I have two e-mails) it will not open ..just goes to save it question .. same with downloads.. What have I screwed up? *Huh 71897
  9. Windows 10 Aniv (or older) Search Details view setting not persistent

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Aniv (or older) Search Details view setting not persistent: I really like the details view. The File Explorer Details view works great on all folders. However when ever I search (which windows search sucks and is another story) it always REVERTS back to the CONTENT view, even though I set it to show DETAILS. I could not find a way for...
  10. View/Choose Details

in Windows 10 Support
    View/Choose Details: In Windows 7 and earlier you could click View and "Choose Details" to customize which columns were displayed in an individual folder. Is there a way to do this in Windows 10? 45344