Windows 10: set permissions so that everyone cannot access

Discus and support set permissions so that everyone cannot access in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have shared HDD in work group using win 10,,,,HDD contained folders....On some folders i want to set permissions so that everyone cannot access to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by shamsherbangash, Sep 17, 2017.

1. set permissions so that everyone cannot access

I have shared HDD in work group using win 10,,,,HDD contained folders....On some folders i want to set permissions so that everyone cannot access to it???Can anyone help me

:)

shamsherbangash, Sep 17, 2017

2. JPEG files

I saved JPEG files on external drive on a PC with WindowsXP. I cannot open them on new PC with Windows10 Pro. Error message says 'Widows photo viewer cannot open this picture because you don't have the correct permissions to access file location'. The
    permissions for everyone are Everyone Full Control.

SmithcamLC, Sep 17, 2017
  3. amuzeini Win User
    Cannot access shared folder

Upgraded a PC in my home network to windows 10 and enabled file sharing as well as joining the homegroup. I can access the shared folders specified in homegroup, no problem. I wanted to share another folder on same PC and set it to share with EVERYONE. I
    went to permissions and set it to FULL CONTROL. The shared folder is F:\Programs and contains some executables. I felt it necessary to mention this since in my search for a solution I found that NTFS permissions may be picky with exe files.

Anyway nothing worked. I cannot access the folder from any of my PCs. The error dialogue is ALWAYS "you do not have permission to access this folder. Contact your administrator...".

What I found long ago is that sharing with EVERYONE does not mean everyone, even those in your homegroup. I even changed the owner of the folder to myself (admin) instead of System. Have gone through many different attempts to fix this to no avail. Why is
    this such an incredibly difficult issue to resolve...? Cannot MS adhere to their sharing terminology so that sharing with EVERYONE means just that?

Hope to find solution (other than the generic, useless run troubleshooter suggestions). Much thanks.

amuzeini, Sep 17, 2017
Thema:

set permissions so that everyone cannot access

1. set permissions so that everyone cannot access - Similar Threads - set permissions everyone

2. Svrhost, permissions granted to everyone

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Svrhost, permissions granted to everyone: “Svchost” getting a ton of theses showing in task manager as well as permissions for security managment granted to, EVERYONE, RESTRICTED, ALL RESTRICTED APPLICATION PACKAGES, ACCOUNT UNKNOWN s-1-15-3-1024-etc...... Im almost certain that somehow remotely or wirelessly...
  3. user permission settings and access control setup

user permission settings and access control setup: hi ! i am vamsi. my dad is setting up a small company and me and my dad had brought laptops, the issue is he wanted me to set up the laptop such that user cannot modify the OS and the system should ask the admin permission whenever they are trying to install software of any...
  4. Do not have permission to access a set of files

in Windows 10 Support
    Do not have permission to access a set of files: There is a set of Jpeg files that I can't get access to. When I attempt to open one the photos app gives me a message saying "It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions and try again" I have changed the permissions by going to...
  5. Should "Everyone" have full permissions ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Should "Everyone" have full permissions ?: Hello, I am having some trouble understanding network share permissions. I think I screwed by default settings up. I want to give read-only access to a folder so my family members can access my photos, videos etc on the LAN. I don't want to give write permissions for...
  6. Permissions problems accessing windows settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Permissions problems accessing windows settings: For a couple months already I have been unable to access basic settings trough windows, like troubleshooting an Ethernet or accessing Advanced display settings, every attempt has led me to an error (see attachment bellow) telling me I do not have the right permissions, the...
  7. failed to set access permissions for ERROR

failed to set access permissions for ERROR: Hi i have this error while running a program and i have tried run as administrator but didnt work what the problem? http://www.upsara.com/images/m663203_.png...
  8. Authenticated Users & Everyone unable to apply permission

Authenticated Users & Everyone unable to apply permission: Hi When applying permission to folders for Authenticated Users & Everyone the system says - access denied part way through applying them. Authenticated Users has no permissions at all and can't apply, and Everyone when created and the permission applied also denied. on my...
  9. Cannot access path, no permission

Cannot access path, no permission: Using xplorer2, I cannot open an external viewer for any file type. I get the error message that widows cannot access the specified path for xplorer2 does not have permission. All other browser programs can open an external program to view any file type, so there seems no...
  10. Cannot Access a Drive -- Permission Problen

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Access a Drive -- Permission Problen: I have 2 partitions on one of my HD's. I can access one of them (F) but not the other (D) apparently due to a permission problem. Here is a screen shot of the Advanced Security Settings for each. Note the permissions for D: are not the same as F:. How can I give full control...