Windows 10: Set time for password on awakening after computer put into sleep mode?

Discus and support Set time for password on awakening after computer put into sleep mode? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I take a break from the computer, I click on my Sleep taskbar icon. I guess in my safety paranoiac state, I set things up so that when I awaken... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by flycaster, Apr 30, 2016.

1. flycaster Win User

Set time for password on awakening after computer put into sleep mode?

When I take a break from the computer, I click on my Sleep taskbar icon. I guess in my safety paranoiac state, I set things up so that when I awaken the computer, I have to put in my master PW. This has become a PITA and I was wondering if one can set the timing such that the need for a PW will be an hour, or at any desired time after Sleep had been set?

:)

flycaster, Apr 30, 2016
  2. Pops_Jay Win User

Win 10 Anniv - How do I stop the mouse from waking the computer?

After putting computer to sleep, any inadvertent bump of the mouse reawakens the computer. The Device setting for the computer where it says "Allow mouse to awaken..." is not checked, but the mouse still awakens the computer. What has to happen to get
    this fixed?

Pops_Jay, Apr 30, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Screen Saver an Sleep Mode do not work on HP23

The sleep mode puts the computer to sleep but when it is awakened only outlines can be seen. If I completely darken the room I can see enough on the screen to RESTART they it all comes alive after re-entering my password. The screen saver is set for
    5 minutes and 30 minutes....it never shuts off the screen.

GeraldRobison, Apr 30, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Apr 30, 2016
  5. flycaster Win User
    Thanks Brink, a reasonable work around.

flycaster, Apr 30, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Set time for password on awakening after computer put into sleep mode? - Similar Threads - Set password awakening

2. Windows keeps awakening from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keeps awakening from sleep mode: I built a new PC for Christmas and installed the latest version of Windows 10. When I place the computer in sleep mode it will awaken after an hour or so. Sometimes it will eventually go back to sleep but then awakens again after thirty minutes or so. How can I stop this from...
  3. Windows keeps awakening from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows keeps awakening from sleep mode: I built a new PC for Christmas and installed the latest version of Windows 10. When I place the computer in sleep mode it will awaken after an hour or so. Sometimes it will eventually go back to sleep but then awakens again after thirty minutes or so. How can I stop this from...
  4. Windows keeps awakening from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Computer crashing after being put in sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer crashing after being put in sleep mode: I put my computer in sleep mode quite often and have never had a problem. But for the past couple of days, my computer crashes blue screen with a windows stop code when I put it to sleep. It doesn't happen the first time I put it to sleep -- only the second time?!? I've...
  6. Computer Immediately Wakes Up After Sleep Mode Puts It to Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Immediately Wakes Up After Sleep Mode Puts It to Sleep: The Sleep Mode puts my machine to sleep then the machine immediately wakes up. Rebooting has not helped, nor has changing the Sleep Mode Settings. I have not found any solutions in the Internet. Thanks for any thoughts and guidance. 179664
  7. Computer comes right back on after putting into sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer comes right back on after putting into sleep mode.: When I put my computer into sleep mode, it will shut down and a few seconds later will click on and wake back up without me initiating anything. It will stay running for a bit, go off into sleep mode, then a few seconds later will click and come back awake. I’m not sure if...
  8. Opening files after putting computer on sleep mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening files after putting computer on sleep mode: After putting my computer on sleep mode and waking it up, I can no longer open certain files unless I restart my computer. Specifically videos using VLC Media Player. I click open many times and nothing comes up. This is also the case with a few games and the program...
  9. Computer awakens from 'Sleep'

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer awakens from 'Sleep': Hello,Recently I have noticed, I put my computer to "sleep" when I go for a long break, like sitting to lunch or coffee break. When I click on the 'sleep' button on the 'power' it goes to 'sleep' (I hear it stopped) When I come back to the computer I hear its working. (By the...
  10. Sleep mode awakening with blank screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep mode awakening with blank screen: After updating my Windows 10 to 1809, if I leave for a few minutes it goes into sleep mode and on awakening the CPU restarts with blank screen. I have to restart to have a display. I reversed to earlier version 1803 and it works fine. Any solution to update to 1809? Please...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. password on awakening