Windows 10: set up help

Discus and support set up help in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; is it possible to make the start up menu on the left side i do not even know what to call it look like windows 7 with extensions tiles etc while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by farside, Jan 24, 2017.

1. farside Win User

set up help

is it possible to make the start up menu on the left side i do not even know what to call it look like windows 7 with extensions tiles etc while staying in windows ten. please be nice im old and easily addled and apt to be contused again i bow 2 u

:)

farside, Jan 24, 2017

2. Set Up Communicator ? help please

Ray, thanks for the link. i can see now that it's a Microsoft real-time chat program which means i'll not worry bout setting it up as i'll never use it and (hopefully) i can delete it from my N8.

excellent! many thanks.

larrythegecko, Jan 24, 2017
  3. shig---01 Win User
    nokia n95 set up help

Hi

would their be any kind soul out there who could possibly help this idiot with his new n95, I need advise on how to start using gps and what I have to pay for using. Tried network provider but they were no use at all.

Sorry to be so vague but will explain more if anyone is prepared to give this newbie 5 minutes of their time.

Thanks for reading and look forward to hearing from you

shig---01, Jan 24, 2017
  4. set up help

Can I ask where is your task bar? Bottom, left, right, top? This is the bar with the start button, cortana and finally at the opposite end the clock. A lot of people have it along the bottom so the Windows start ( white windows icon) is on left and clock is on right. Where is yours?

Caledon Ken, Jan 24, 2017
  5. Samuria Win User
    Samuria, Jan 24, 2017
  6. Plankton Win User
    Yep...classic shell or Stardock's Start10. Start10 is a free trial (30 days) to see if you like it the only $4.99 to buy. When windows 8 came out liked it so much better then classic shell that I bought it. It's simpler to configure and a better GUI in my opinion.

Start10: Software from Stardock Corporation

Plankton, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

set up help

1. set up help - Similar Threads - set help

2. I need help with my Display Settings. Display 1 isn't active.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with my Display Settings. Display 1 isn't active.: I don't know if this is a big problem or not.But recently I just checked my display settings. Take note that I have not changed any settings prior.On the first instance I checked my display settings and on Advanced Display, it says that Display 1 isn't activeDisplay 1 is...
  3. I need help with my Display Settings. Display 1 isn't active.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help with my Display Settings. Display 1 isn't active.: I don't know if this is a big problem or not.But recently I just checked my display settings. Take note that I have not changed any settings prior.On the first instance I checked my display settings and on Advanced Display, it says that Display 1 isn't activeDisplay 1 is...
  4. I still need help! Audio Services, Start Menu, Settings will not work and the PC never...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I still need help! Audio Services, Start Menu, Settings will not work and the PC never...: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-services-start-menu-settings-will-not-work/90de2c1d-388d-475e-9f9e-b2cae64c6047On my original account Smoothybigboy0 6 I made a thread called Audio Services, Start Menu, Settings will not work and the PC never resets...
  5. I need some help with my taskbar, I am unable to open my settings. It has been happening...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need some help with my taskbar, I am unable to open my settings. It has been happening...: I've been unable to open my settings and no, the windows button does not work. I am unable to open my settings and hence unable to open my settings. please help...
  6. I need some help with my taskbar, I am unable to open my settings. It has been happening...

I need some help with my taskbar, I am unable to open my settings. It has been happening...: I've been unable to open my settings and no, the windows button does not work. I am unable to open my settings and hence unable to open my settings. please help...
  7. Windows Updates have been stuck installing on settings for 1.5 weeks now, need HELP!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Updates have been stuck installing on settings for 1.5 weeks now, need HELP!: Just to give context, a few months ago I had shutdown my desktop and it started an update. Before I left, the cable slipped out and the desktop instantly shutdown. It wouldn't open and after 1 day I finally got in. Thankfully, all my data was saved. I ran an SFC/scannow and...
  8. Windows Updates have been stuck installing on settings for 1.5 weeks now, need HELP!

Windows Updates have been stuck installing on settings for 1.5 weeks now, need HELP!: Just to give context, a few months ago I had shutdown my desktop and it started an update. Before I left, the cable slipped out and the desktop instantly shutdown. It wouldn't open and after 1 day I finally got in. Thankfully, all my data was saved. I ran an SFC/scannow and...
  9. Windows Updates have been stuck installing on settings for 1.5 weeks now, need HELP!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Can't Stop Timezone Changes: Need Help with Windows 10 Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Stop Timezone Changes: Need Help with Windows 10 Settings: Hey everyone,My Windows 10 computer keeps switching timezones without my permission every time I start it up. It's really frustrating, especially since I can't seem to change the settings myself - they're all grayed out, except for the "Set the time automatically" button,...