Windows 10: Set up Stereo Mix: audio playback on both headset and speakers

Discus and support Set up Stereo Mix: audio playback on both headset and speakers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I set up Stereo Mix in Windows 10? In Windows 8.1 I used to set my speakers as default playback device, then enable Stereo Mix and set it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AIV, Aug 1, 2015.

1. AIV
    AIV Win User

Set up Stereo Mix: audio playback on both headset and speakers

How do I set up Stereo Mix in Windows 10? In Windows 8.1 I used to set my speakers as default playback device, then enable Stereo Mix and set it to listen to my headset. Then I would get two volume controls in taskbar, one for speakers and one for headset. But now, in Windows 10, when I set it up like that, nothing happens, as Stereo Mix has no function.

:)

2. BAPACop Win User

Need Help Using Stereo Mix In Unusual Setup

My problem is this: I can either use Stereo Mix or hear the sounds on my computer, but not both at once. And that is incredibly inconvenient.

I have no speakers plugged into my computer. My sound comes through a pair of headphones connected to one of my monitors which is in turn connected through my GPU. This sound is actually run by NVIDIA HD Audio drivers. However, my stereo mix is controlled
    by Realtek HD Audio. Despite having no speakers connected, there is still a Speakers playback device for Realtek. Stereo Mix only detects sounds played back on Realtek. However, I can't hear the sounds unless they're played on NVIDIA.

I tried to configure Stereo Mix to listen to the playback via the NVIDIA connection, but it doesn't work. Does anyone know how I could configure this setup in a working manner?

BAPACop, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Ordnchs Win User
    Via HD Driver Using Audio Mix to listen on speakers with microsoft lifechat headset, low volume

I have updated drivers to Via HD Audio(win 10). I have Stereo Mix set as Default Sound Device (under Recording tab) with 'listen to this device' checked and Headset Earphone (Microsoft lifechat lx-3000) selected. The Headset Microphone is enabled, not
    selected for anything with 'listen to this device' unchecked. Default playback device is Speakers, with headset earphone in ready (enabled). With my speakers powered on I hear sound through them but the headset earphones audio level is almost inaudible. The
    headset is USB, not analog plug. The speakers are analog plug and plugged into the green 'front' plug on integrated soundcard from motherboard. Motherboard is Asus crosshair iv formula. This exact setup worked in Windows 7. The volumes for everything is at
    100%, when on headset earphone properties under 'advanced' tab clicking the test button enables the tones at full volume. So I know full volume can be had through the headset. Conversely if the headset is set to default playback device the sound level is normal.
    So with the sound traveling through the audio mix it is losing enough volume to be nearly inaudible. Another problem I have is if the speakers are set as default playback device and I start a game up and later swap the default device to the headset earphones
    the games sound does not swap to the headset. If I do the same thing with google chrome open and pandora playing music the sound swaps to the headset. Exclusive mode is unchecked for everything. Additionally if the volume mixer is opened it will show under
    applications the game for both the speakers and headset yet no sound will be playing through the headset. A solution for either problem will suffice. I basically want the ability to put on headphones without having to restart my game if I decide to stop using
    my speakers.

Ordnchs, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

Set up Stereo Mix: audio playback on both headset and speakers

1. Set up Stereo Mix: audio playback on both headset and speakers - Similar Threads - Set Stereo Mix

2. Audio popping/crackling on both Headset and desktop speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio popping/crackling on both Headset and desktop speakers: I have been having an issue with audio crackling/popping across two different devices and I can't figure out what is causing it. The weird thing is the problem is able to be replicated. For example certain songs will pop at the exact same spot every time. I know nothing about...
  3. Audio popping/crackling on both Headset and desktop speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio popping/crackling on both Headset and desktop speakers: I have been having an issue with audio crackling/popping across two different devices and I can't figure out what is causing it. The weird thing is the problem is able to be replicated. For example certain songs will pop at the exact same spot every time. I know nothing about...
  4. Stereo mix not showing up

Stereo mix not showing up: The stereo mix won't show up under the recording tab on sound, and the realtek also won't show up on my device manager. However, it can be seen on my program files. I already tried installing realtek again but it still won't show up, and my computer is already up-to-date....
  5. Stereo mix not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stereo mix not showing up: The stereo mix won't show up under the recording tab on sound, and the realtek also won't show up on my device manager. However, it can be seen on my program files. I already tried installing realtek again but it still won't show up, and my computer is already up-to-date....
  6. Stereo mix not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Stereo mix not picking up audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stereo mix not picking up audio: When I try using stereo mix for recording or for anything it doesn't seem to pick any audio up. I have stereo mix enabled and set as default device and is still not working, are their any ways to resolve this problem I looked it up but cant find any solutions....
  8. Stereo Mix not picking up audio

Stereo Mix not picking up audio: Recently, my Stereo Mix has not been working and I would like to be able to set it up to be my input device for things like Mumble or Teamspeak. It has worked for these things before, however now it does not pick up any audio in my Recording Devices tab. I have tried updating...
  9. Audio playback, speakers vs headset conflict

Audio playback, speakers vs headset conflict: Hey guys, first time posting here so if I'm in the wrong category, I'll make the appropriate switch. Anyways, so I'm running Windows 10 and have Realtek Audio manager installed. I've had no issues so far, until I recently purchased a headset for gaming. My issue is either...
  10. Stereo Mix Volume Is Lower than the Speaker

Stereo Mix Volume Is Lower than the Speaker: I was changing the sound settings to make the Stereo Mix volume higher, including when I record something, but no luck. [img] [img] 108866

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How do I set up stereo mix

2. aweful playback from sterio mix with headset

3. how to set both headphones and speakers as playback