Windows 10: Set up user account profile to be readable by another user?

Discus and support Set up user account profile to be readable by another user? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My goal is to set up permissions on a user account profile to be readable by another user. I'm setting up such scheme for an automated backup purpose.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ahmd, Aug 24, 2016.

1. ahmd Win User

Set up user account profile to be readable by another user?

My goal is to set up permissions on a user account profile to be readable by another user. I'm setting up such scheme for an automated backup purpose.

So, say I have two standard user accounts -- User A that is a general user of the system, whose data will be backed up:

Set up user account profile to be readable by another user? [​IMG]

And BackupUser that will be doing the backing up:

I want to set up permissions on the User A's profile folder C:\Users\User A to be readable by BackupUser.

So I start a cmd as administrator and run the following icacls command:
    icacls "C:\Users\User A" /t /c /l /q /grant DESKTOP-69AQNQQ\BackupUserSet up user account profile to be readable by another user? :(RX)
    But it fails with errors of access denied to some folders.

OK. So I downloaded PSEXEC and first run my cmd as SYSTEM hoping to prevent access denied errors:
    PSEXEC -i -s -d CMD
    and then run the same command from it. But it still gives me the same errors:

So as a result when I try to copy the C:\Users\User A folder from a process running under BackupUser user account it fails with, you guessed it, "access denied" error.

So what am I doing wrong here?

PS. I'm doing these tests on Windows 10 Pro.

:)

2. System crashes (Either SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA) after adding ram

Hello,

I appreciate if you could test this issue by setting up another User Profile. Suggest you to try setting up another User Profile to see if it makes any difference.
    Refer the article Set up accounts on Windows 10.
    Once you set up another User Profile, check and see if the same thing happens there. This might give us the clue on the root cause.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Aug 24, 2016
  3. Windows store (win 10) crash on admin account and give error 0x80070003 on guest account

Hello,

Please cross check this issue by setting up another User Profile. Some times problem with User Profile cause this kind of behavior. Setting up another User Profile will give us clue on the root cause of the issue.
    Refer the article Set up accounts on Windows 10.

Keep us posted the outcome to guide you further.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Aug 24, 2016
Thema:

Set up user account profile to be readable by another user?

1. Set up user account profile to be readable by another user? - Similar Threads - Set user account

2. Moving user profile to another drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving user profile to another drive: Hi,My daughter bought an HP Notebook 2GB RAM, 32 GB eMMC SSD because the price was ridiculously low, but after a couple of months she'd filled up C:\drive and the notebook was unusable. Of course the job of "fixing" became mine. No problem I though since it had a microSD...
  3. Moving user profile to another drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving user profile to another drive: Hi,My daughter bought an HP Notebook 2GB RAM, 32 GB eMMC SSD because the price was ridiculously low, but after a couple of months she'd filled up C:\drive and the notebook was unusable. Of course the job of "fixing" became mine. No problem I though since it had a microSD...
  4. Moving user profile to another drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Setting up a user profile for a family member.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting up a user profile for a family member.: I want to set up a separate login account for my spouse on a new Windows Home computer. I am the Administrator. My spouse is not very technical. At one time it was possible to set up a guest profile for a user that could even have different apps. I can't find anything in...
  6. Setting up User Accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Setting up User Accounts: Hi, I'm a new refugee from Windows 7, with not much computer knowledge. On W7 I had one admin account and one user account, so that I could use the latter for daily use and just go admin for downloads and backups. I'd like to do the same with W10, but this new system with...
  7. Is it worth setting up another user account for my dad?

Is it worth setting up another user account for my dad?: My dad got me to order him a new laptop and it should be here, hopefully, very soon! He uses it for running a few programs to control his model railway with and he browses the internet with it and that's all he will be using it for. I'm wondering if it would just be easier...
  8. User Profiles vs User Accounts - Phantom Account is Mucking Up Log-In

User Profiles vs User Accounts - Phantom Account is Mucking Up Log-In: Hello, I just upgraded a laptop to Windows 10. I wanted to get rid of the Admin Privileges dialogue boxes and questions - 1 account, always Admin, never prompted about it. I also wanted to get rid of all password prompts and lockscreens. Essentially, I want a laptop I can...
  9. Linking another user profile path to the current user profile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Linking another user profile path to the current user profile: Hi guys, A couple of days ago, I saw my friend being able to log in without password and I was eager to set it too so I went online to search for the way and end up going into win + r and type in netplwiz which brings up user account. I click on edit and accidentally hit on...
  10. How to Transfer User Profile to Another User

How to Transfer User Profile to Another User: Is there a way to create a new users account on the same PC such that it will have access to the same program and document files as an existing users account? Local Users Administrator, DISABLED, Member of Administrators DefaultAccount , DISABLED, Member of Users Guest,...