Windows 10: Set Windows Update Settings

Discus and support Set Windows Update Settings in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I just wanna set the following 3 options via registry or a cmd/bat file only: Settings > Update & Security > Advanced Options: 1. enable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by omidsolo, Nov 12, 2015.

1. omidsolo Win User

Set Windows Update Settings

Hi,
    I just wanna set the following 3 options via registry or a cmd/bat file only:

Settings > Update & Security > Advanced Options:
    1. enable Notify to schedule restart
    2. enable Give me updates for other microsoft products...
    3. enable Defer upgrades

Just via registry or a cmd/bat file, how can I set the above 3 options?
    Thanks *Smile

:)

omidsolo, Nov 12, 2015
  2. ConiGL Win User

Windows Update Setting

Have you checked everything in network settings. Windows turns on wifi , mobile hot spots bluetooth and a proxy server all automatically with this update. I had to go through and reset all the settings. .Shameful. If people want all this turned on

they can do it themselves. There is also something very wrong with fall creators. I have done 3 clean installs on a fairly new laptop with Kabylake and nothing but corruption and freezing. Flagging its own files as not trusted. Audit failures. I have also
    ran sfc and dism and they always report everything is hunky dory when it is not. .Going to

try again tomorrow. This is ruining my ssd. I finally got my other laptop all sorted out ( fingers crossed) .Dont have time for all this ****...Hope you can get it all sorted out. I would run back through all your settings to make sure you havent missed

one of the sneaky behind your back settings...good luck.

ConiGL, Nov 12, 2015
  3. shu66 Win User
    Windows Update Setting

My computer still checks for updates even though I have the Windows Update set to disabled. When I notice that it checking for updates I right click and go to properties (for Windows Update) and the start up type shows manual even though the Services
    window shows disabled. How can I make sure that Windows update stays set to disabled? I change it to disabled and click apply but it doesn't hold.

shu66, Nov 12, 2015
Thema:

Set Windows Update Settings

1. Set Windows Update Settings - Similar Threads - Set Update Settings

2. Windows update settings doesn't load in update settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update settings doesn't load in update settings: For a couple of days, I've noticed that windows updates settings don't loadTroubleshooting steps I've taken:1. I've rolled back to a previous update2. I've also ran windows update troubleshooter in troubleshooting options....
  3. Windows update settings doesn't load in update settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update settings doesn't load in update settings: For a couple of days, I've noticed that windows updates settings don't loadTroubleshooting steps I've taken:1. I've rolled back to a previous update2. I've also ran windows update troubleshooter in troubleshooting options....
  4. Windows update settings doesn't load in update settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows update in settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update in settings: Ever since I've taken the latest update 20H2 build 19042.572 the windows update page in settings doesn't work. I've tried for a week now. Any help?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-in-settings/3a851b68-ce60-40ea-b58d-948ebb2d91b8
  6. Windows Update Setting

Windows Update Setting: I am not getting windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-setting/6c106220-1b68-475c-b235-bc50d77ab801
  7. No Windows Update Settings

No Windows Update Settings: I've noticed that I've not received an update for a long time. So, I opened Settings to check if I've somehow disabled automatic updates. I opened Updates & Security > Windows Update and... nothing. There is not a single option in Windows Update settings blank....
  8. windows update in settings

windows update in settings: I am updating in settings and I am getting the update to 1803 for some reason, but im already at 1803 i should be getting 1903 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-in-settings/bb9eed8a-2154-47fa-b91a-f75d8b1d6caf
  9. Windows update setting

Windows update setting: I've just upgraded my Windows 10 Enterprise workstation from 1603 to 1803 manually. It was configured as only administrator can manually download/install Windows Update and reboot the workstation. No auto installation/reboot is not allowed. However after I upgrade it, all the...
  10. Windows Update Settings

Windows Update Settings: Hello there, I want to know what does it mean when it's up to date, when it searches automatically for updates. But when I run Check for updates manually, it brings initialization for an update that takes hour to install, and so slow to a point that I stop it and it's named...