Windows 10: Setting Boot Up drive priority using Dell bios...no usb or CD options

Discus and support Setting Boot Up drive priority using Dell bios...no usb or CD options in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Am trying to test a rescue disc to boot up W10 When I access the Dell 8910 bios I get the following boot up choices~see below image There is no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by provlima, Mar 28, 2018.

1. provlima Win User

Setting Boot Up drive priority using Dell bios...no usb or CD options

Am trying to test a rescue disc to boot up W10

When I access the Dell 8910 bios I get the following boot up choices~see below image

There is no option to prioritize a USB stick or CD drive. How can I change the boot up sequence with these bios options?? Thanks for your help

Setting Boot Up drive priority using Dell bios...no usb or CD options [​IMG]

:)

provlima, Mar 28, 2018

2. Windows 10 won't connect to the internet

This is not in the Bios. I couldn't find the Bios. This is under F12 which has titles of Main, Advanced, Boot, Security, and Exit. Under Boot it says "Set Boot Priority"

1st Boot - [Hard Disk: ST31000.....]

2nd Boot - [USB Hard Disk]

3rd Boot - [CD/DVD: HL-DT-ST D....]

4th Boot - [USB CD/DVD]

5th Boot - [USB Floppy}

6th Boot - [Network]

Hard Disk Drives

CD/DVD ROM Drives

You said to move the CD/DVD drive to 1st boot? Which one and how do I move them?

longtimealaskan, Mar 28, 2018
  3. Andre Da Costa, Mar 28, 2018
  4. Samuria Win User

You need the usb plugged in for it to find it and you may have to turn off secure boot for it to show up

Samuria, Mar 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Setting Boot Up drive priority using Dell bios...no usb or CD options - Similar Threads - Setting Boot drive

2. Why is there no bootable option in boot priority ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is there no bootable option in boot priority ?: Why is there no bootable option in boot priority ?Do I need to insert the bootable device and only then it shows up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-there-no-bootable-option-in-boot-priority/69eb2e66-ebbf-4961-ac5d-b41d65eb8a3e
  3. Why is there no bootable option in boot priority ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is there no bootable option in boot priority ?: Why is there no bootable option in boot priority ?Do I need to insert the bootable device and only then it shows up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-there-no-bootable-option-in-boot-priority/69eb2e66-ebbf-4961-ac5d-b41d65eb8a3e
  4. Boot priority in BIOS is unresponsive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot priority in BIOS is unresponsive: I cloned my boot drive HDD to another drive SSD and both are showing in the BIOS boot priority but I can't change the priority. I was wondering if formatting HDD will remove it from the priority list to it sets SSD to default....
  5. Boot priority in BIOS is unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot priority in BIOS is unresponsive: I cloned my boot drive HDD to another drive SSD and both are showing in the BIOS boot priority but I can't change the priority. I was wondering if formatting HDD will remove it from the priority list to it sets SSD to default....
  6. Boot priority in BIOS is unresponsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Nothing under boot option priorities - stuck in bios

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nothing under boot option priorities - stuck in bios: So I turned off my pc last night and when I turned it on I got sruck in bios. Altho I can see my hard drive and ssd in peripherals, there's nothing under boot priorities. Allready tried checking for disconnected wires amd changing the sata cables submitted by...
  8. Boot Options Priorities

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot Options Priorities: Hello, I have an issue with my laptop randomly going to a blue screen saying your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info and then we'll restart for you. Then it goes to internal hard disk drive not found which takes me to the...
  9. Cannot boot into BIOS with F2 or boot from CD or USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot boot into BIOS with F2 or boot from CD or USB flash drive: For some unknown reason, for the past couple of days, I can only boot my ASUS X750JA laptop normally into Windows 10 (Home). Previously, after Shift+Restart, I used to be able to enter BIOS setup with F2. Now, whenever I try this, the screen remains black and nothing happens:...
  10. Bios set to boot from cd but still booting into ubuntu

in Windows 10 Support
    Bios set to boot from cd but still booting into ubuntu: I want to reinstall windows 10 . To do this I set the bios to boot from CD. inserted win 10 disk then powered off and back on again but the pc continues to boot into the Ubuntu dual boot grub menu. Please help. 92904