Windows 10: Setting children accounts

Discus and support Setting children accounts in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi. I upgraded to win10 and tried to redefine my children accounts. I had no problem with one of them who had hotmail.com mail address. But I can't add... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by KartV, May 25, 2016.

1. KartV Win User

Setting children accounts

Hi. I upgraded to win10 and tried to redefine my children accounts. I had no problem with one of them who had hotmail.com mail address. But I can't add the other one having outlook.com address. The invitation was sent to the child, he accepted it but his account is still hanging with the message that the invitation has been sent and when he accepts it, he will be added to family. Well he has accepted it already. What should I do?

:)

KartV, May 25, 2016

2. Children account settings

Windows 8 and higher already have antivirus built-in, so you don't need to get anything. You can if you want, but my personal and professional opinion is that they only add additional junk to the computer you don't need. Since it already has built-in
    antivirus (look for "Defender" in your search box), then there's no need for extra.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], May 25, 2016
  3. Children account settings

I'm not sure what you mean -- you don't need an email address to setup a new logon to a computer. It hasn't changed for something like 37 years.

Just go to Accounts, click "Add Account" and if you don't want to use an email address for them, just click the option as such on the screen for "Sign in without a Microsoft Account".

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], May 25, 2016
Thema:

Setting children accounts

1. Setting children accounts - Similar Threads - Setting children accounts

2. Can children sign out of their microsoft accounts?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can children sign out of their microsoft accounts?: So i as a child have been stuck in a family setting and my dad ditched his email so now im not allowed on anything.Do you know how im supposed to leave the account or delete it or something....
  3. Reset children account password

Reset children account password: Hi,My son lost doesn't remember password to his account and now it is locked. This account was only used for Minecraft for PS4 - no emails sent. Is there a way to reset password for this account as a member of family?I was trying submitting form for recovery of account but I...
  4. Reset children account password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset children account password: Hi,My son lost doesn't remember password to his account and now it is locked. This account was only used for Minecraft for PS4 - no emails sent. Is there a way to reset password for this account as a member of family?I was trying submitting form for recovery of account but I...
  5. Reset children account password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Connecting Children’s Accounts

Connecting Children’s Accounts: I created accounts for my kids and need to connect them to my family group. Since they’re minors, this requires my consent, which I’m asked to give by “signing” a form. To sign, I’m supposed to type my name which doesn’t make much sense. When I do so, I’m prompted that my...
  7. Connecting Children’s Accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting Children’s Accounts: I created accounts for my kids and need to connect them to my family group. Since they’re minors, this requires my consent, which I’m asked to give by “signing” a form. To sign, I’m supposed to type my name which doesn’t make much sense. When I do so, I’m prompted that my...
  8. Connecting Children’s Accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Children shouldn’t have email accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Children shouldn’t have email accounts: My five year old wants to have her very own account on my computer. I tried to set one up for her and cant find a way to do so without creating an email account. Allow me to reiterate that she is FIVE. She wants to be able to have her own background and play games that she...
  10. Setting up children's accounts in Windows 10

Setting up children's accounts in Windows 10: Is there a way to create a local account on my PC for my elementary-aged children without having to create online Microsoft accounts for them? I've been exploring both the "add a family member" and the "add someone else to this PC" options, neither of which are amenable to...