Windows 10: Setting default audio playback

Discus and support Setting default audio playback in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've had trouble with Rocksmith 2014 remastered and sent an email to Ubisoft forum and they told me to do the following to fix the problem: This issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PapaMoose, Apr 3, 2017.

1. PapaMoose Win User

Setting default audio playback

I've had trouble with Rocksmith 2014 remastered and sent an email to Ubisoft forum and they told me to do the following to fix the problem:
    This issue is almost always solved by changing the default audio playback to be DVD quality.

1. Navigate to Control Panel --> Hardware and Sound --> Sound.
    2. Highlight the default Playback device and select Properties.
    3. On the Advanced tab, set the default format to be 16 bit, 48000 Hz (DVD Quality).

Only thing is, when I get to the last step, it won't let me change the default format. There is no button and the numbers (16 bit, 48000 Hz (DVD Quality)) are greyed out. How do I do what they are saying?

:)

PapaMoose, Apr 3, 2017

2. Sound suddenly stopped on Windows 10

Hi Sanchit,

I would suggest you to check if the speakers is set as the default device first. Right click on the volume icon in the notification area and then click on "playback devices'. In the playback devices list, check if the speakers is set as the default device.
    If not, right click and select 'Set as Default'. If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run the audio troubleshooter and check. Type 'Audio' in the search box and select 'Find and fix issues with audio playback' to run the troubleshooter. Try
    these steps and let us know the results.

Bennet Martin, Apr 3, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Audio Driver Change

Hi,

If the current audio device is not working properly, you need to select the other audio playback driver available on your system and set it to default. You can select the other device from by navigating your
    Sound options. To do this, follow these steps:

• Right-click the sound icon in your system tray and click
      Playback Devices.
    • On the Playback tab, check which device is the default. Then, right-click it then set it to default.

For more methods, you can visit this link:
    Fix sound problems
    to know how to run the audio troubleshooter and set a default audio playback device.

Let us know if this works for you.

Johann Eva, Apr 3, 2017
  4. CountMike New Member

CountMike, Apr 3, 2017
Thema:

1. Setting default audio playback - Similar Threads - Setting default audio

2. Playback Audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Playback Audio: Instead of having Speakers / Headphones how do I separate it so the Speakers and Headphones becomes its own playback device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playback-audio/150b5de2-5a67-40e6-98fb-4937062eb559
  3. no audio playback

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no audio playback: I have no audio playback on websites where something is recorded sometimes by me. I wrote about this some time back but not with this website but something similar and no one was able to help me. I have Chrome. All my drivers are up to date and my microphone works. I have...
  4. no audio playback

in Windows 10 Customization
    no audio playback: I have no audio playback on websites where something is recorded sometimes by me. I wrote about this some time back but not with this website but something similar and no one was able to help me. I have Chrome. All my drivers are up to date and my microphone works. I have...
  5. Unable to set default playback device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to set default playback device: Hello! I have installed VB Virtual audio cable to be able to change my voice through fl studio and into Discord. After which everything was working fine, until the next boot-up of my PC. I have no sound playing and after looking into it, I realised that Windows detected VB...
  6. Audio playback

Audio playback: I have external speakers connected to the mic analog port and all tests work properly. Sound stopped working when connected to a newscast or movie streamed from the web. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-playback/c92e5260-3c25-4e9f-9b6d-474d4bd6b6ac
  7. No "Audio Playback setting" options.

No "Audio Playback setting" options.: I am trying to use my computer and my PS4 with a Video Capture Card Device for streaming, but everybody that I have seen setting it up they have a "Audio playback device" option when they right click the small speaker on the lower right corner. The same thing with "Audio...
  8. Audio playback

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio playback: I have connected my Bluetooth headset to the new pc for the first time and it started stuttering and when i connected my wired headset to the motherboard ports the audio sounded fuzzy with a lot of electronic disturbance when using youtube, Spotify etc. Please help....
  9. audio playback

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio playback: i first noticed no audio on the internet...then I tried windows media player still nothing...I checked my aftermarket speakers, and all seems right...I checked the master volume control ...ok...I checked the volume playback thing...it says the device is working properly...I...
  10. Change Default Audio Playback Device in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Default Audio Playback Device in Windows 10: How to: Change Default Audio Playback Device in Windows 10 How to Change Default Sound Output Device in Windows 10 The default audio playback device is the device that Windows uses to output (play) sound. When you connect speakers, headphones, Bluetooth headset, or...